Better Than Black Friday
72 Members and 13911 Guests Online

Q Did What?

closed my account

Started 1307842199.343 in Q Did What? | Last reply 1311207489.247 by Strosfan

Well, for all you wondering if they really do it, they did today to me. I got the LETTERS,

about returns, but I thought I had another chance. I tried to see my orders, and it said I was suspended. I Called CS and my account is closed. I have a perfect paying record, and never have been late paying, also sometimes pay twice a month.

However, too many returns.

I am not being negative, Just wanted to warn the rest of you that it does happen.

Be careful.

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next
stevieb1307844588.8430960 PostsRegistered 11/4/2007

I see you just joined the boards... If your post is legit and you didn't abuse the return policy then I really feel for you... Without knowing just what your return ratio was, I suppose I can't really comment with any certainty, but unless it was literally straospheric, the arrogance of the QVC organizaton knows no bounds... Unbelievable, really. I mean, they're the ones that offer a 30 day no questions asked... return policy. I'm assuming your reference is to a Q Card, and I'm glad I never bothered to ask for one. Then again, unlike HSN, they never offered... I used to love QVC but I have to say the longer I'm around the more I find it would potentially be very easy to dislike this outfit...

Last edited on 6/11/2011

Last edited on 6/11/2011

daisy41307873765.4631510 PostsRegistered 6/8/2006

There are soooo many places to shop on the internet I am sure you will be fine.. Look for places that actually give discounts and free shipping. I do that all the time!

nancypoo1307880409.5031413 PostsRegistered 5/13/2011

If you're interested, why don't you wait awhile, then get a new Membership Number for a new account?? I'd try it!!

mishka21307883913.853104 PostsRegistered 6/11/2011
On 6/11/2011 stevieb said:

I see you just joined the boards... If your post is legit and you didn't abuse the return policy then I really feel for you... Without knowing just what your return ratio was, I suppose I can't really comment with any certainty, but unless it was literally straospheric, the arrogance of the QVC organizaton knows no bounds... Unbelievable, really. I mean, they're the ones that offer a 30 day no questions asked... return policy. I'm assuming your reference is to a Q Card, and I'm glad I never bothered to ask for one. Then again, unlike HSN, they never offered... I used to love QVC but I have to say the longer I'm around the more I find it would potentially be very easy to dislike this outfit...

Last edited on 6/11/2011

No, I am not new to the boards, they would not let me use the old # once it was closed. I WAS, mishka, I got a new # and went to mishka2 in order to be able to answer posts. Yes, I did return quite a bit, but they were never worn and always still had all the tags on and folded perfect. Ususally shipped back in 3-4 days. (all because they were not sewn right, fit was off & not as stated in sizing.)

I am not complaining as I said, just warning the others who return often.

I have been shopping here for 7 years. I will do just fine at Macys and Kohls.

tantallum1307887855.961486 PostsRegistered 10/31/2006Chicago, IL

mishka, can I ask how much you returned--what % was it, did they tell you? and you said you bought and mostly returned clothing items?

the whole 'return letter' and closing of accounts is a contraverisal topic on this board, but if you return clothing in unworn, pristine condition with tags still on and within a few days, they can still sell that stuff as new, (given your description of how you returned it). Not like you were returning food or makeup that they cannot resell.

I understand the Q is a business and lots of returns loses them money. they can impose whatever policy they want, however, they should tell customers this upfront, when they tout the 'unconditional, no questions' asked 30 day return policy. but they don't want to do that, they want people to buy on a whim. whereas if they were to tell us upfront that over a certain % of returns, your account would be closed, people would order MUCH more carefully and thus order less I bet.

another note, does anyone find it very odd that the Q refunds original shipping costs?? I have never heard of a company doing that. it's one thing if the product is defective, but to refund the original shipping and handling for every single return, even if the reason is 'didn't like it' or 'changed mind'?? they must lose an insane amount of money on this. Not only in the direct cost, but that is yet another reason why people return so freely. If folks had to pay for not only the return shipping, but also lose their original S/H, many times they'd decide it wasn't worth it and just hold on to the item.

sorry for the long post, but a lot of the Qs 'business' practices seem so illogical to me...

Blondilocks1307888134.13856 PostsRegistered 3/13/2007Home
On 6/12/2011 mishka2 said:
On 6/11/2011 stevieb said:

Last edited on 6/11/2011

No, I am not new to the boards, they would not let me use the old # once it was closed. I WAS, mishka, I got a new # and went to mishka2 in order to be able to answer posts. Yes, I did return quite a bit, but they were never worn and always still had all the tags on and folded perfect. Ususally shipped back in 3-4 days. (all because they were not sewn right, fit was off & not as stated in sizing.)

I am not complaining as I said, just warning the others who return often.

I have been shopping here for 7 years. I will do just fine at Macys and Kohls.

It sounds like it was Q fault and you should not have been penalized. I recently ordered the Clarks sandals that were the hot pick Saturday reviews were good but sizing was split some said true to size some said larger. I really dont understand how that could be but I took a chance and ordered true to size as the last Clarks I bought were 1/2 size small. Anyway my point is Q sizing is all over the place and if they closed you for that reason that isnt fair.

nancypoo1307893249.561413 PostsRegistered 5/13/2011
On 6/12/2011 nancypoo said:

If you're interested, why don't you wait awhile, then get a new Membership Number for a new account?? I'd try it!!

Oh, and use another credit card.

mishka21307902205.36104 PostsRegistered 6/11/2011
On 6/12/2011 tantallum said:

mishka, can I ask how much you returned--what % was it, did they tell you? and you said you bought and mostly returned clothing items?

the whole 'return letter' and closing of accounts is a contraverisal topic on this board, but if you return clothing in unworn, pristine condition with tags still on and within a few days, they can still sell that stuff as new, (given your description of how you returned it). Not like you were returning food or makeup that they cannot resell.

I understand the Q is a business and lots of returns loses them money. they can impose whatever policy they want, however, they should tell customers this upfront, when they tout the 'unconditional, no questions' asked 30 day return policy. but they don't want to do that, they want people to buy on a whim. whereas if they were to tell us upfront that over a certain % of returns, your account would be closed, people would order MUCH more carefully and thus order less I bet.

another note, does anyone find it very odd that the Q refunds original shipping costs?? I have never heard of a company doing that. it's one thing if the product is defective, but to refund the original shipping and handling for every single return, even if the reason is 'didn't like it' or 'changed mind'?? they must lose an insane amount of money on this. Not only in the direct cost, but that is yet another reason why people return so freely. If folks had to pay for not only the return shipping, but also lose their original S/H, many times they'd decide it wasn't worth it and just hold on to the item.

sorry for the long post, but a lot of the Qs 'business' practices seem so illogical to me...

I don't know the % but I am sure I will be getting something in the mail. I found out yesterday when I went to put something in my wish list, and it said I was suspended.

When I called they said it was closed. I always kept cosmetic, and food stuff, handbags, and other non clothing. So, yes most of it was clothing, and they could always sell what I returned because I never wore it or washed it. It was always because of size issues.

3 or 4 yrs. ago I never had this problem. I should have just stopped buying clothing, but I like D&C so I kept trying. My fault I guess. But they should not keep saying 30day money back or if they do they should include the too much return policy.

I have bought a few large items, expensive ones, and was very happy with them.

So, I am now going to save money. My DH is happy about that, and the UPS man will save himself a trip, LOL!

rini1308030453.483568 PostsRegistered 11/15/2010

Is that even legal? I know it's their company, their rules, blah, blah, blah, but is there fine print somewhere saying you're really limited in the number of things you return? If there is then they're violating laws by using false advertising saying it's an unconditional 30 day $ back guarantee, and if there isn't then they're violating laws by cancelling your account for that reason.

Reiss19801308058748.1278218 PostsRegistered 4/15/2011Central NJ /Freehold// Long island NY

{#emotions_dlg.mad} How much is too much... I know that some people take advantage of the 30 day money back policy , by wearing the garments for a month and then returning them damaged or worse. If you are not among those people fine. But, you must have returned a lot of items for them to close your account? Just saying!{#emotions_dlg.closedeyes}

A wagging tail .... and licks a plenty.. Not to mention a buddy for life! Adopt a dog or cat ..SAVE A LIFE!

suzyQ31308064020.7125385 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007
On 6/13/2011 rini said:

Is that even legal? I know it's their company, their rules, blah, blah, blah, but is there fine print somewhere saying you're really limited in the number of things you return? If there is then they're violating laws by using false advertising saying it's an unconditional 30 day $ back guarantee, and if there isn't then they're violating laws by cancelling your account for that reason.

Yes, it's perfectly legal. They do not breach their 30-day money-back guarantee, at least that I've ever heard here.

They are a private corporation, and as along as they don't target any protected groups, they are within their legal rights not only in sending advisory/warning letters about too many returns but also in deciding to cancel your shopping privileges.

They care about one thing and one thing only. So it would be counterproductive for them to cancel accounts unless they felt the situation was dire enough to warrant it.

Consciousness is chaos. Our stories - faith, statehood, family, history - are just dreams we invent to give shape to the shapeless, to build a firewall against the void. That it all falls to pieces is part of the point; we're alone together, after all.

mishka21308068513.98104 PostsRegistered 6/11/2011
On 6/14/2011 goldengirl56 said:

{#emotions_dlg.mad} How much is too much... I know that some people take advantage of the 30 day money back policy , by wearing the garments for a month and then returning them damaged or worse. If you are not among those people fine. But, you must have returned a lot of items for them to close your account? Just saying!{#emotions_dlg.closedeyes}

I found out it is not JUST returns, but if you cancel an order before it ships too often the same can happen. I really reduced my returns alot, but thought about the items I ordered and cancelled them, (rather than return them) but TPTB didn't like the cancelling either. I am saving money, o.k. by me.

12081308168083.703113 PostsRegistered 2/27/2011

{#emotions_dlg.angry}

AnotherVie­w21308516748.87429 PostsRegistered 6/19/2011
On 6/14/2011 mishka2 said:
On 6/14/2011 goldengirl56 said:

I found out it is not JUST returns, but if you cancel an order before it ships too often the same can happen. I really reduced my returns alot, but thought about the items I ordered and cancelled them, (rather than return them) but TPTB didn't like the cancelling either. I am saving money, o.k. by me.

Happened to me today. It also frosts QVC if you cancel too many items before they actually ship. I ordered and canceled on line so I'm not sure why they get so twerked since I wasn't overtaxing their CS reps with phone calls. Anyway, I received the too many cancellations letter a few months ago and I found today that my QVC membership was closed out by corporate after 20 years. I called CS and they said I wil be receiving a letter this week telling me why. Either CS didn't know why or they are not permitted to say why. I'm pretty sure it was the cancellations thing, though. Now I'm posting this on my hubby's account. This is my "first post" since he never posted in the forums before.

I've never had an issue with cancelling orders before they ship at HSN. They simply don't pull orders or do anything till after midnight on the day you order and they freeze the order in place at midnight and you can't cancel. Maybe that is what the Q should do?

tc171308537980.32376 PostsRegistered 8/18/2005
I always question how legal it really is. The show hosts will say everything and anything to sell products, even sleazy sales tactics or lieing, saying you can just return it for any reason. Canceling orders is even more ridiculous for them to ban over. Even the show hosts of hsn lie about some product features. Then the customer is supposedly responsible for the returns. Last edited on 6/19/2011

Last edited on 6/19/2011

Breea1308543801.217818 PostsRegistered 11/6/2007

I really don't understand this! They always advertise...buy it...if it doesn't fit, you don't like it, it doesn't work for you...you have 30 days to return the item! If that isn't true...QUIT saying it on every darn show I watch!! I realize some customers may abuse the policy but if you advertise a 30 day return for any reason you have to stick by that! I'd be contacting my state's attorney generals office of consumer affairs.

nancypoo1308544793.81413 PostsRegistered 5/13/2011
On 6/19/2011 glb613 said:

You must be a real loser.

How so?????

AnotherVie­w21308581058.913429 PostsRegistered 6/19/2011
On 6/19/2011 glb613 said:

You must be a real loser.

One of your other past posts calls someone stupid, you also claim you had lousy parents, you also claim you suffer with RA, etc.

I'm not sure even you know what you think I've "lost" in your post above so I'm going to chalk your mean post up to you having a bad day. But, I'm also placing all your future posts on ignore...

Last edited on 6/20/2011

Last edited on 6/20/2011

suzyQ31308589616.77325385 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007
On 6/19/2011 Breea said:

I really don't understand this! They always advertise...buy it...if it doesn't fit, you don't like it, it doesn't work for you...you have 30 days to return the item! If that isn't true...QUIT saying it on every darn show I watch!! I realize some customers may abuse the policy but if you advertise a 30 day return for any reason you have to stick by that! I'd be contacting my state's attorney generals office of consumer affairs.

They do advertise a 30-return policy, and unless I'm mistaken, they have never disallowed a return.

There is nothing whatsoever illegal about a company warning its customers about too many returns or even canceling their accounts -- as long as the company doesn't do so in a discriminatory way.

You can investigate, but you will be wasting your valuable time.

Consciousness is chaos. Our stories - faith, statehood, family, history - are just dreams we invent to give shape to the shapeless, to build a firewall against the void. That it all falls to pieces is part of the point; we're alone together, after all.

Timneh1308600935.651344 PostsRegistered 4/23/2006

There are so many other places to shop where one can get value for their money and be satisfied with the merchandise and customer service. It's no use wishing/hoping for QVC to be the way it "used to be" or the way you "want it to be." Those days are gone and/or it will never happen.

blondegirl1308601559.311791 PostsRegistered 7/21/2006

lately, I have returned everything I bought because of the quality of the items - color was not as it appeared online, one item was a piece of junk, etc. You cannot really tell those things until you get them home. If they send me a letter so be it - I have not bought anything here in a long time that I kept or saw anything that was not ultimately purchased elsewhere because it was cheaper. It's funny I know they must hate returns but when the merchandise is not what you expect then you pay to send it back so the past month I have not even wanted to buy anything because I am losing money on the inferior products that unfortunately now seem the norm. I guess when you return enough they figure they have lost money on you and that is their right to do that. I have lost more money on the items I had to return because they did not work, etc. then they have lost on me during the past few months. If I wrote them a letter they would likely throw it away...I mean honestly, do you feel like you have lost something you need?

Dancing1308611309.97316 PostsRegistered 11/27/2010

I still don't understand how they say there is a 30 day money back guarantee. You return your items within that time and they cancel your account. They are contradicting themselves. There should be no questions asked when you return within that 30 days.

I think their new policy should be, NO RETURNS. This way we know we can't return anything. They should expect returns because items may look different in person or you may not know which size is right for you since each of their vendors runs differently.

I am really disgusted with them.

CalmInTheH­eart1308611336.2037464 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007

I've returned a number of things lately -- all but 1 were QUALITY related.

I suppose I'll eventually get the letter.

Peace

CalmInTheH­eart1308611696.3577464 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007

Last edited on 6/20/2011

Last edited on 6/20/2011

Peace

ThinkOutsi­deTheBox1308614465.581653 PostsRegistered 1/23/2011

Wow! I posted a comment here earlier today describing why I had to return some Motto jeans recently and how the quality was just poor. I guess someone at Q did not like my description of the poor fit in the waist, and thighs as well as the completely false measurements posted in the size chart. My post seems to be nowhere around now.

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next