Christmas in July(R) Sale
34 Members and 10570 Guests Online

Q Did What?

How long does it take to get a refund once you cancel an order?

Started 1307035620.013 in Q Did What? | Last reply 1310058922.56 by terrytalk

I am absolutely LIVID right now! The other day, I placed an order for a laptop computer for my husband's birthday gift using the easy pay option of 6 monthly payments. This afternoon, I logged into our bank account to check our balance and saw that QVC had charged my bank debit card for ENTIRE amount of the laptop which was over $1000, and I had selected the easy pay option for 6 payments of $170! It even says on my order as well as in the email that I got confirming my order that it was set up for easy pay! I IMMEDIATELY logged into my account and cancelled the order for the laptop as it had not been shipped yet. I then got the message saying "your order has been cancelled and you will not be billed." I then called QVC and they confirmed that my order had just been cancelled and then told me that it could take 3-7 days to get the money refunded to my bank account!!! This literally left us with about $200 left in our bank account and we have bills to pay today and I was about to go grocery shopping! Has anyone else ever had this happen to them? Does it REALLY take 3-7 business days to get your money back? I'm totally freaking out right now!!

Page 1 of 1
maryida13070365962821 PostsRegistered 9/16/2006

Whenever they get around to it unfortunately. QVC is the only merchant I have ever dealt with that takes so long to ship and/or reimburse a purchase. It is for this reason I am no longer buying from them.

meemt981307038219.3532 PostsRegistered 6/2/2011

This was my very first time buying from QVC and I definitely NEVER will again after this experience!!! Isn't it illegal for them to charge someone's credit or debit card for MORE than they authorized? I only authorized the first out of the six monthly payments and they charged me for the entire amount of the laptop! I also called our credit union and alerted them about this.

Last edited on 6/2/2011

Last edited on 6/2/2011

Last edited on 6/2/2011

Last edited on 6/2/2011

banjo1307053359.45085 PostsRegistered 6/16/2006Nebraska

They didn't charge you the whole amount. When you charge an order on your account, they reserve that amount of money from your account. but you are not charged that whole amount, you will be charged only the first month payment. I am sure if you call your bank, you will find you have more money in the account than you think.

You can tell who the strong women are, they are the ones building each other up, instead of tearing each other down!

tantallum1307268256.3431445 PostsRegistered 10/31/2006Chicago, IL

sorry this happened to you.

this is why I never buy anything using my debit card. I only use it if I want to take cash out of an ATM. too many businesses make 'mistakes' like this. and with your checking account, you can be subject to overdraft fees and in your case--no money left to ya know PAY THE MORTGAGE and such until the business gets around to refunding you. I have a credit card I use for shopping and pay it off every month.

Sylanne1307275718.5431839 PostsRegistered 6/13/2006

ITA, this is exactly what I do---I DON'T want anyones hand in my checking account.

I use my CC for all shopping that is paid in full each month; no interest, no fees etc. + I earn cash back everytime the card is used. A win win situation for me.

Bobbisue130727879613484 PostsRegistered 4/25/2010

That's QVC for ya! Every time I order I have to monitor my checking account and my Q order. Call corporate on Monday @ 1-484-701-1000 ask to speak to Inez if you can. She's helpful. Don't fool around with calling customer service. You don't get anywhere with them anymore. Go to the top.

Also, this was a costly mistake. Ask for an inconvenience credit on your next Q purchase.

Bobbisue-Former nurse...
Buck- forever in my heart...

Pecky1307282632.061459 PostsRegistered 4/15/2007
On 6/5/2011 Sylanne said:

ITA, this is exactly what I do---I DON'T want anyones hand in my checking account.

I use my CC for all shopping that is paid in full each month; no interest, no fees etc. + I earn cash back everytime the card is used. A win win situation for me.

ITA. I never use my debit card for exactly this reason. At least using a cc should there be a mistake it won't drain your checking account. I hope it QVC fixes the problem quickley for you.

zmouse41307337207.263 PostsRegistered 6/5/2011

I wish that I used my credit card with my last order... I used one of my debit accounts that I put cash in just for online shopping etc...I have been shopping with QVC for over 20 years and made my first return last month on May 12. As of today, June 6, QVC has not received my returned laptop! I followed the steps and used the QVC label and dropped my package off at my post office. I am now being told that my package is still showing that it is at my post office. So today I am going to take time out of my schedule to go to my post office and find the package. I am out $206 because I chose an easy pay option. My only regret is that I did not pay for my own shipping. This entire situation leaves a bad taste in my mouth! I do not plan on doing anymore shopping with QVC or anyone else online for a long..........time!

I would advise anyone returning anything to pay for the shipping and use a credit card!!!

teainlondon1307445399.7331035 PostsRegistered 10/13/2007

I cancelled one time and was told it would take up to two billing cycles. I called my bank and they said the business could hold the money that long and make interest on it too. I was very upset. I called and asked to speak to a supervisor and she hung up on me when I asked if this practice was legal. This is the only place I have ever had this happen. They can put the money back to same day, IF they want to. I have had companies refund in a matter of hours, but not this one. It's too bad because it's such bad business.

tbenton1310045837.36712 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 6/5/2011 Bobbisue said:

That's QVC for ya! Every time I order I have to monitor my checking account and my Q order. Call corporate on Monday @ 1-484-701-1000 ask to speak to Inez if you can. She's helpful. Don't fool around with calling customer service. You don't get anywhere with them anymore. Go to the top.

Also, this was a costly mistake. Ask for an inconvenience credit on your next Q purchase.

I just got some inconvenience credits. I have never had any credits before. When placing an order how do I use them and where are they on the website?

Thanks

TerriB

terrytalk1310058922.517293 PostsRegistered 3/29/2010

Banjo is correct regarding the banking info.! Credits can be used through automated ordering, through CS reps, online, etc... To find out the exact $ amount of credits call 800-367-9444 and wait for the customer service prompt. Online you can view the $ amount of the refund but you are unable to view if the refund amount is credited to your credit card or as a QVC credit. Once in a great while I have asked for a credit card refund and have gotten a QVC credit instead, and vice versa. Again, only by calling the 800# (I have been told) are you able to find out if it's a credit card "refund" or a QVC "credit". I have waited up to 4 weeks (but usually it's only about 10 days and I live in Calif.) for refund and/or credit when mailing back an item. If I cancel an item prior to shipping I am "credited" in my bank account within 1 to 2 days. Hope this helps!

Page 1 of 1