Meant for Mom(SM)
174 Members and 12661 Guests Online

Q Did What?

I didn't get my order, UPS claimed it was delivered

Started 1292535318.05 in Q Did What? | Last reply 1293146444.527 by lavendar

I was ordered something on Dec 8, supposedly left in front hall yesterday, Dec 15 at 7 p.m. It wasn't there. Either UPS didn't deliver it, or someone in my apt building took it (I've lived here thirty yrs and that never happened.)

I need the item by Mo. night; it's a gift for the doctor who saved my life. I'm seeing hime early Tuesday a.m. Christmas is the only time he'll take anything from me and I won't see him for six months.

I saw my regular UPS man today and he said a lot of subs are throwing packages anywhere or even worse, stealing them. The Q said they would send a replacement Mo., which means I have to rearrange my work schedule, because it has to be signed. I called back later and requested overnight delivery but they said it had already been processed and they couldn't do it. I asked if they could request having packages UPS delivers signed and the customer service person said she'd send a request to the president's office. Items that come in the mail are not a problem because my mailman either puts them in my mailbox or rings my bell or a neighbor's bell.

Has anyone else had a probelm getting their packages?

\

Page 1 of 2
Lowry831292535796.2673300 PostsRegistered 8/15/2008

I once had a package delivered to an apartment, and the package was stolen. QVC provided a replacement and delivered it at a time that was convenient to me. For your future deliveries, are you able to receive packages at work? If not, if you are willing and able to afford the cost of a box at a UPS Store (which works similar to a P.O. Box but offers you a street address), that might be worth looking into.

HBJ1292535854.7075 PostsRegistered 10/7/2010

It happened to me a few weeks ago. The delivery message on the UPS website stated that the package had been left on a side porch which I do not have! After many more phone calls to UPS the driver was ordered to retrieve my package where he left it next door and bring it to me!

Poooter1292540245.39126 PostsRegistered 12/16/2010my bathroom

They may have left it on a porch or a doorstep, but not YOUR doorstep.

I have gotten packages for my neighbors before and vice versa. My neighborhood is kind of oval shaped with 2 streets (one on each side of oval). My address is 910 and there is a 910 on that other road. Luckily they are honest - Fed Ex left a package there once. Sure enough website said "Delivered - left at front door". Luckily she called me and I walked over and got it.

Last edited on 12/16/2010

Enjoy the go

CalmInTheH­eart1292540246.9976746 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007

This happened once to me too. UPS traced it and found out the driver left it a house down the street and not mine! ugh.

Peace

BurbankKate1292540753.866188 PostsRegistered 11/18/2007Home of: Disney Studios,W. Bros, Nickelodeon, Cartoon network, media capital of the world

Oops...that happened to me, they delivered it to the lady on the next block who has the same number address as me (I'm in the city, so the streets in my neighborhood are all numbered the same on each block, just different named streets.)...and I KNEW when I logged into the UPS site and it showed as delivered that it was either dropped off on the block south of me or north of me at the same numbered address...sure enough....the neighbor one street north of me got some shoes of mine one year...and the neighbor one street south of me got my wolfgang puck steamer trays...I had to hunt them down on my own!!! and ring some doorbells..how annoying!

- A government big enough to give you everything you want, is then strong enough to take everything you have.
- Thomas Jefferson

carba1292541678.823354 PostsRegistered 11/14/2010

No package should be left if there is no one there to receive it, and envelopes with jewelry should not be put in a mail box, unless the mail box is secure,that what is put in cannot be taken out unless its opened with a key,and all packages should require a signature. I've had a pair of eariings stolen because the mail man put it in my landlords mail box[because mine has a small opening and it didn't fit] I never received the earrings but QVC did send me another pair, which I did receive because I told the mail man to ring my bell when the envelope came, but because of this every time I order jewelry I pay more for the shipping so that it is delivered via UPS or priority mail,so they ring my bell, but its to expensive and not worth it so I don't buy jewelry anymore,and I track my packages so that I know when to expect them. Bottom line if its a private house no package should be left I don't care if its the best neighborhood, if no ones there to receive the package, why not leave a note so one can go pick it up at the post office?

lavendar1292547441.6031043 PostsRegistered 7/13/2006

I just called UPS. They will speak to the driver tomorrow. I was told the subs they hire during this time of yr get confused. They are supposed to ring doorbell. I was home. It doesn't pay for me to rent a box because I don't order much and most things I order online come Fedex or USPS.

I have no problem with USPS because my mailman rings my bell when I have a package that doesn't fit in mailbox. Most do. He did say that there has been theft with USPS employees and that that is one reason many magazines have cellophane wrappers.

Pixie Jo1292548284.2373511 PostsRegistered 7/4/2009

I did have a Rachel Ray package that never came. I wouldn't have known about it unless I had been reviewing my "Order Status" online. I order a lot from QVC (well, I'm slowing down now), but at the time I would never have known. QVC just sent me another dish, in a different color, since the color I wanted had sold out.

I guess there's no way to know if the UPS man kept it, or it was stolen, etc.

Pixie Jo

colson1292548479.5637428 PostsRegistered 10/23/2007East Coast

Things get really bad at this time of the year. Especially for those in apartment buildings. I have also had things taken in the past, but have to say the Q believed me over the theft.

lavendar1292550276.9831043 PostsRegistered 7/13/2006

I have reason to believe it was stolen. One of my neighbors brought it inside the building at around six, shortly after it was delivered.

MADBLK31292552397.549 PostsRegistered 12/14/2010

Happy Holidays, Lavendar!

I work as a supervisor at UPS in Southern California in Operations - meaning I have direct contact with the Drivers and am the one who makes sure your packages are delivered correctly, retrieved if delivered to an incorrect address, and have packages delivered at certain times as favors to our customers, among many other things.

The day after Thanksgiving, all our route Drivers get a driver helper. These men and women are hired as holiday help. Some are brought back from previous years but many are hired right off the street. The purpose is to make the Driver's deliveries easier and routes run smoothly as some have up to 200+ stops in a 10-12 hour day. That does not include the business and time sensitive deliveries and pick ups throughout the day. Sometimes after a Driver has come into the Hub after 150 or so deliveries, they have to go back out and help other drivers deliver packages because UPS prides itself on making sure our customer receive their holiday packages.

I apologize for your inconvenience, however all you have to do is call 800-CALL-UPS, be nice, and explain what happened. A supervisor (like me) will get your message and speak with the Driver to determine exactly what happened with your package. Misdeliveries do occur more during the holidays, and I'm sorry. We are only human, we do make mistakes. If you are nice on the phone, the supervisor will do whatever it takes to make sure your package is retrieved and delivered to the correct address. I say be nice on the phone because...we are human too and unable to control exactly what goes on while the driver is on route. We are more than happy to help you - we have no reason to keep your package away from you.

So Lavendar, please take what I've said to heart. Misdeliveries don't happen often, at least not in my center, but it happens. UPS is in the business of delivering packages, that's what we do. We want you to get your package. I hope this makes you feel at least a little better about UPS -- UPS really is the best package delivery service in the world.

MADBLK31292553079.1779 PostsRegistered 12/14/2010

With regard to delivery issues customers have with UPS...some people want their packages left on the porch, over the fence, in front of the garage, etc. They do not want to come to our Customer Service Center and wait in line for their package because they find it too inconvenient. Sometimes a Driver will require a signature for every package because of too many complaints, theft (not a UPS fault), or fraud. It is to protect the customer and the driver as well. The driver is accountable for each package on their truck.

If you have specific delivery instructions for UPS, please call 800-PICK-UPS and tell the representative what you want. The message will be sent to the center who delivers your packages and your instructions will be noted in the Driver's board. We are in a service business and want to be sure our customers are happy with what UPS does.

I hope this helps -- ALSO LAVENDAR I PUT THE INCORRECT 800# IN MY REPLY TO YOU -- ITS 800-PICK-UPS.

Happy Holidays!!!

OhioBlonde1292553856.033136 PostsRegistered 11/3/2010

What does it mean when it says your order was shipped on 12/8 but when I click on the tracking number it says " There is no tracking data available at this time. " I have not received my package yet.

nantucket ­shore1292554318.4635359 PostsRegistered 10/14/2007
On 12/16/2010 OhioBlonde said:

What does it mean when it says your order was shipped on 12/8 but when I click on the tracking number it says " There is no tracking data available at this time. " I have not received my package yet.

It means that the Q shipped the package by another carrier who will take it to the UPS terminal then it will be assigned a tracking number. This takes forever so rest assured your package is not lost. I found this out this past year with an Oreck air purifier I ordered, same thing happened, took over 2-3 wks for it to be delivered. I started a thread at that time to alert the Q shipping managers that this is not acceptable and whomever they contracted with, it's taking forever for packages to get to UPS...oh well, guess they never read it.

nantucket ­shore1292554684.955359 PostsRegistered 10/14/2007
On 12/16/2010 lavendar said:

I was ordered something on Dec 8, supposedly left in front hall yesterday, Dec 15 at 7 p.m. It wasn't there. Either UPS didn't deliver it, or someone in my apt building took it (I've lived here thirty yrs and that never happened.)

I need the item by Mo. night; it's a gift for the doctor who saved my life. I'm seeing hime early Tuesday a.m. Christmas is the only time he'll take anything from me and I won't see him for six months.

I saw my regular UPS man today and he said a lot of subs are throwing packages anywhere or even worse, stealing them. The Q said they would send a replacement Mo., which means I have to rearrange my work schedule, because it has to be signed. I called back later and requested overnight delivery but they said it had already been processed and they couldn't do it. I asked if they could request having packages UPS delivers signed and the customer service person said she'd send a request to the president's office. Items that come in the mail are not a problem because my mailman either puts them in my mailbox or rings my bell or a neighbor's bell.

Has anyone else had a probelm getting their packages?

\

Also, since there is a claim pending, you'll have to sign for your packages forever, it is highly unlikely that UPS will lift this requirement. Similar situation happened to me 3 years ago and it wasn't until I recently called that the "no signature" has been removed or I think it has, no one ever called to confirm this. I have all my personal packages routed to my work address, you might want to consider that.

MADBLK31292554756.7039 PostsRegistered 12/14/2010
On 12/16/2010 OhioBlonde said:

hey ohioblonde!!! I'm from Cincinnati originally {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

12-8 was a wednesday and ups counts only business days. so, if your package was coming from across the country, for example, it would take four business days to receive -- 12-14 delivery, if ground. since there is no tracking data, one of two things could be going on - 1) ups hasn't actually picked up your package from the shipper - not ups fault, Drivers pick up whatever the shipper has available or 2) ups hasn't input any transit information. that's happened to me alot. there will be nothing, nothing, nothing, then the day before delivery, all the in transit information will be on line.

call the shipper, ohioblonde, and ask if your package has actually been picked up yet. once you see one entry on your package at ups.com, you can then call ups and they will be able to help you with the progress of your package.

i hope this information helps you a bit!

C and C Fo­rever1292554941.421572 PostsRegistered 3/21/2010

I got a package last week that was for my next door neighbor. I just took it over to them, but I guess some people might not do that. For me, it was no problem.

In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing.

OhioBlonde1292555162.687136 PostsRegistered 11/3/2010

I usually get my packages fairly quick. I ordered two packages from HSN and I heard something at my door (I was sitting right by it) ...not a knock...just a noise at the door and when I opened it there lay my packages but no UPS person...packages just dumped. And I live in an apartment complex....people have stole packages from like that before...I was amazed....

mp03241292555776.973186 PostsRegistered 4/17/2007

MADBLK3 - I agree with you. UPS is very efficient. When I have a UPS delivery, they put the package inside my storm door. As a matter of fact, sometimes when I have a delivery by USPS the mail person just drops it on the porch under my mail box. If the UPS person sees a post office delivery just sitting there, he will put that inside my storm door too. And the people working at the UPS Stores - I wonder if they are sent to charm school before they start working for UPS. All of them are so polite and respectful. My problem is with FedEX - usually gets delivered a few doors down from my house. I always request UPS when the store's usual delivery is by FedEx. Usually doesn't take any more time to get the package.

angelsareo­ut1292555962.3436912 PostsRegistered 11/19/2008miami

yep, I am missing one right now that was delivered suppposedly a few days ago, iwas told to wait until 12/19, not too happy but its that time of year.

wooofff1292561265.91714 PostsRegistered 6/7/2009

I too had a package last year disappear.. a WII system to be exact not show up delivered by UPS... I"m on 18 acres and they said they left it at the gate..there is no gate The Q gave me refund as there were no more, but it was to be a "group" gift so i had to scamper to find another one. Over the years I have had this happen a few times BUT UPS IS FAR BETTER THAN FED EX.... they are the pits, SEVERAL TIMES they have put 'OVERNIGHT FED EX Letters" in my MAIL BOX.. I sometimes do not get my mail for days and needless to say if it is OVERNIGHT it is Important..when I complained to FED EX the Supervisor NEVER got back to me. "BIG BROWN" gets MY VOTE!

only shops­ online1292561300.695455 PostsRegistered 10/17/2006

I've had UPS lose my packages quite a few times in the past few years. The last time was this Summer, and it took me several months to get that mess straightened out. The company would not refund my money, and I did not have the merchandise....and UPS didn't have a signature. I finally had to get my credit card company involved, until the merchant finally put a trace on the package and collected the insurance.

Since then, I have checked my tracking and found that the UPS guy has put "gave to woman" on the tracking receipt, after items have been delivered to my home. But, he hasn't actually given them to me, but just left them at the door. So, I had to call and request that he not do that. If another package were to be "lost", I would have no recourse.

I used to always request UPS, whenever possible. But I'm not liking their service too much anymore.

lavendar1292562952.91043 PostsRegistered 7/13/2006

MADBLK thank you for your reply.
My regular UPS guy, who I love, looked awful today. He's had problems with subs in the past. A few yrs ago he had a sub deliver a pkg that I never got and he told me he's be charged for it even though it was the sub who made the error. I was so appalled I signed a form that said I did receive it.

I have repeatedly asked the supervisor to just have the UPS man ring my bell. I am always pleasant; I did phone work for ten yrs and I know what it's like. I also know what works.

The Q has actually refused to have UPS request a signature. I suspect now they will. The woman I spoke to today at the Q said she'd request it but couldn't quarentee it.

I am disabled, do all the shopping I can online and can't go to a UPS station to pick up. I do live next store to a UPS store and when it isn't holiday time see my regular driver there and try to save him a trip. He's really great.

My history with UPS is actually scary. When I first started ordering from the Q I had a live in super who had a deal with the former UPS guy. The UPS guy dumped all packages off with my super who delivered them. Money changed hands. When I complained the UPS guy told me to shut up or I'd never get another package. Fortunately enough people complained. He also didn't realize he'd threatened the county sheriff.

UPS brought in a new manager who "cleaned things up," his words.That was yrs ago and I've been generally happy. I get medications that I need to live but these ALWAYS require a signature.

Thank you for your response. I wish I had a supervisor like you. Happy Holidays!

daisy41292576460.181430 PostsRegistered 6/8/2006

I have had many problems from UPS. They have delivered my packages to the wrong person or just sent them back to the company without even trying to deliver. Recently I ordered an expensive piece of jewelry and they "put it on the wrong truck", they said. Of course they wrote on the tracking that I refused delivery! I had to go to the UPS warehouse in a seedy part of another town and stand on line for two hours at night to get the package. I now request that all my packages are sent USPS. My mailman is great and comes at the same time everyday so I know when to be here!

Andrewcoco1292586369.613156 PostsRegistered 8/30/2010
On 12/16/2010 wooofff said:

I too had a package last year disappear.. a WII system to be exact not show up delivered by UPS... I"m on 18 acres and they said they left it at the gate..there is no gate The Q gave me refund as there were no more, but it was to be a "group" gift so i had to scamper to find another one. Over the years I have had this happen a few times BUT UPS IS FAR BETTER THAN FED EX.... they are the pits, SEVERAL TIMES they have put 'OVERNIGHT FED EX Letters" in my MAIL BOX.. I sometimes do not get my mail for days and needless to say if it is OVERNIGHT it is Important..when I complained to FED EX the Supervisor NEVER got back to me. "BIG BROWN" gets MY VOTE!

My brother bid in an out of state auction for a document signed by Abraham Lincoln. It was legit and cost around $4000. It was overnighted in a big DO NOT FOLD envelope. The stupid guy left it sitting on the curb propped up against the mailbox on a busy street and near a storm drain. Luckily we caught that in time - we promptly filed a complaint and I hope he got fired.

You have to be careful this time of year too as some people do follow Fed Ex and UPS trucks looking for packages left out.

Don't give me no hand me down shoes.

Page 1 of 2