TSV(R) Preview
13 Members and 11300 Guests Online

Q Did What?

Anyone try to use the warranty for Cooks Essentials pots?

Started 1291936192.62 in Q Did What? | Last reply 1293993084.4 by munchiesmom

Almost 1 month ago I called Customer Service to tell them that my daughter has 3 Cooks Essentials pots that the teflon is coming off. I bought her this set and they need replaced. I was told that "Corporate" will get in touch with me to give me the instructions. I am STILL waiting to hear from someone!!!! She can not cook in these and I am getting really frustrated about this whole thing. Christmas is coming and she needs something to cook in. Has anyone else experienced this? I called Customer Service again and they just tell me that I have to wait to hear from Corporate. I bet Corporate would call me pretty quickly if I missed a payment on my bill.

Page 1 of 1
cjmcp1291936387.3471566 PostsRegistered 12/23/2004Texas

I have several that need to be warrantied too but I haven't called yet. A month is a ridiculously long time to wait.

Cardamom1291936750.376256 PostsRegistered 6/24/2006

Yes I have and they were wonderful!!!!!

I never had to go through Corporate. I got all the info I needed when I called them.

QVC has to give you special numbers that they have (not item numbers) for each pot or pan. Even the lids have separate numbers. You have to write this info down and send with the old pots to their factory in North Carolina.

My set was 10 years old. I got my new set in about 2 weeks. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

You can not beat this warranty!

Last edited on 12/9/2010

Last edited on 12/9/2010

Brabls1291937478.614740 PostsRegistered 4/27/2007

They got back to me promptly. I am mjust waiting for a box big enough to ship my soup pot back.

jackieanne1291947102.237359 PostsRegistered 2/17/2007illinois

I called and said that my frying pan wasn't releasing like it used to and they sent me a brand new one. I didn't have to send my old one back. I hear that it highly unusual, and it was 5 years ago. No complaints from me.

Ask me how to help you achieve your fitness goals!

Sunshine K­ate1291954044.51711666 PostsRegistered 11/13/2006The Beautiful Mountains & Western Sky
On 12/9/2010 Sher said:

Almost 1 month ago I called Customer Service to tell them that my daughter has 3 Cooks Essentials pots that the teflon is coming off. I bought her this set and they need replaced. I was told that "Corporate" will get in touch with me to give me the instructions. I am STILL waiting to hear from someone!!!! She can not cook in these and I am getting really frustrated about this whole thing. Christmas is coming and she needs something to cook in. Has anyone else experienced this? I called Customer Service again and they just tell me that I have to wait to hear from Corporate. I bet Corporate would call me pretty quickly if I missed a payment on my bill.

Maybe call customer service again. Possibly the CS person you talked to didn't know what they were talking about. I can't imagine a corporate office having to contact someone about a warranty, especially Cooks Essentials.

I've gotten in touch with people at CS I could tell didn't know what was going on. I just hung up and called again to talk with a different person and my problem was solved.

Kate

Divine1291955531.0273376 PostsRegistered 11/20/2008

I wasn't aware that Cook's Essentials had a warranty. How long is it good for? Is it necessary to have the receipt? I've had mine for so long that I don't remember exactly when I bought them. I guess they could look up my purchasing history. I have a 4 qt. stock pot that a lot of the non-stick has come off of so I can't use it any more.

TIA

sunshine451291955725.5938112 PostsRegistered 1/13/2007east coast and west coast

i have several pieces that need to be returned but i have been too lazy to do it and i am thinking about how much it is going to cost to ship them.... i dont want the non stick anymore unless it is a technique..... i prefer the all stainless in the cooks essentials now.

did anyone call a special number or just use the regular qvc customer service number?

Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind. - author unknown

Cardamom1291983390.0476256 PostsRegistered 6/24/2006

Divine it is a lifetime warranty. No you do not have to have the reciept.

Sunshine I wanted stainless too. They would not do it. My set was not offered anymore. You can't even get my hunter green color anymore so they sent me a comparable non stick set. I don't want tefflon anymore so I purchased a set of cuisinart stainless steel cookware and sold my brand new CE set on ebay.

Last edited on 12/10/2010

Last edited on 12/10/2010

blondegirl1291985728.3131770 PostsRegistered 7/21/2006

we did, years ago. We got another pan to replace the one that everything stuck to and guess what - everything stuck to that one too so really it was just a waste of time though I guess they were out money replacing something that was not as described.

chickenbutt1292000664.02722648 PostsRegistered 1/16/2006chickentown

I did once and it went better than I could have imagined. I just called the QVC Customer Service phone number. They gave me all the info I needed - where to send the pot, what information to provide, etc.

I sent it off and in less than a week I got a call from a nice man at the warranty center. He said that that exact pot was no longer available (I had it for quite a few yrs) and gave me a choice of two items with which to replace it. I made my choice (an upgrade from stainless steel to hard anodized II). Before we even got off the phone I had an email with my 'order' information.

In less than another week I had the new pot.

Their nonstick is very durable if the pots/pans are properly caref for but, unfortunately, they don't seem to promote the proper care (which is really weird!) with their on-air presentations. They have people using them on high heat, putting them in the dishwasher, and spraying them with Pam. Those are the three biggest things that will destroy the nonstick. I guess they just want to sell more pans, figuring that only a minority of people will actuall call in the warranty.

Bippity boppity BOOYAH!

ford12241292005608.273586 PostsRegistered 6/7/2010

In a weak and harried moment when I moved out of my daughter's house, I bought a set of Cook's Essentials cookware. What a HORRIBLE mistake! Within a couple of months the teflon started flaking off . . . enough to find it in my food! And they are impossible to keep clean. I hate these pots with a passion and can't wait until I can afford to replace them. UGH UGH UGH!!!

Whatsoever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

bobhurley1292013331.173784 PostsRegistered 7/24/2005

My experience with CS regarding CE items has been a mixed bag. The main problems I've experienced are that items are frequently discontinued, or become available only as parts of sets. They will try to get the closest match, but if you want the exact same pot in the exact same style, you may be out of luck.

A few years ago I returned one pot. They did not replace it right away, and did not return it to me. They discarded it. When I suggested that they had no right to discard my property, they sent me a 5-piece set because that was the only way to get me that one pot. I sent the CS supervisor a very nice note about my rep.

Finally, I'm guessing the CS rep. who referred your call to corporate didn't have a clue. The only thing I've ever had to do was get a return authorization and ship it to Carolina, as indicated by other posters.

cherrywood1292014459.233241 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Without a receipt, I returned a "try me" pan twice when they first introduced the line. The first time they replaced it with a new one, and the second time they credited my account with no problem. Their customer service was great and they did stand behind their warranty 100% (unlike another southern channel years ago with their fiasco). Although I will always rave about their customer service, and though I'm sure they have improved on the quality, I did not try these pans again as I just did not want to deal with the possibility of having problems again. Also, I don't remember that I called in advance. I just packed it up and sent it back. Again, though, that was when the line had just been introduced. Good luck.

munchiesmom1292030056.743420 PostsRegistered 8/5/2005

Thank you all for this post. I have an 18-piece CE stainless teflon set and my 8 qt stock pot is unusable now and ruined my Thanksgiving mashed potatoes. Mashed them in the pot and they were then covered in teflon flakes. Everything sticks to my chicken fryer and it too is flaking. This set is at least 6-7 years old but I still have my receipts. I also own 2 different sets of CE bakeware they used to sell. The cookie sheets split at the seams and my roasting pan is flaking and my Thanksgiving homemade gravy had teflon flakes in it. My brownie pans have a weird coating from lightly greasing. I guess I should do as all of you and call CS to get new ones. The other pieces are ok for now as they don't get nearly as much use. I wish they would exchange it for another style; I'm done with the non-stick teflon.

Sher1292032874.713125 PostsRegistered 10/28/2004Southwestern PA

Well, surprise, surprise! I posted this yesterday and today "corporate" called me and told me how to return the pots to get new ones. It just seems very strange that I had not heard from them until I posted a message on the boards. Lets us see how long it takes for my daughter to get her pots exchanged. Thanks for all your replies!!

tends2dogs1292033639.9224 PostsRegistered 5/8/2010

Sher,

Please post the info on how to return the pots to get new ones. I have got several pieces that I can no longer use either.

Thanks in advance!!

Sher1292074815.757125 PostsRegistered 10/28/2004Southwestern PA

You have to talk to QVC as they gave me an order number to include with the pans. It also has to be documented on your account. That is what they told me. Good luck as it took a long time for them to get me this information.

chickenbutt1292089749.9422648 PostsRegistered 1/16/2006chickentown
On 12/11/2010 Sher said:

You have to talk to QVC as they gave me an order number to include with the pans. It also has to be documented on your account. That is what they told me. Good luck as it took a long time for them to get me this information.

Wow, I'm getting the feeling that each different CSR tells people something different. I didn't need to track back to my order or anything. They just gave me the warranty center address and told me to ship the pot there and include a sheet of paper that had my name, address, phone number, and Q membership number. That was it.

I shipped it out the next day and it went as I mentioned in my previous post - fast and efficient.

Bippity boppity BOOYAH!

GrandmaJEM1292090244.1731308 PostsRegistered 1/24/2008

Several years ago, I burned some corn in a 1 qt pot. Nothing I did removed that mess. I called and they immediately said they would send out a new set. It was a set of an 1 qt and a 2 qt pot. Sent both out even tho I told them the 2 qt pot was fine, but they sent both as it came as a set. I received them promptly.

By the way, I recommend the hard annodized aluminum cookware (Technique). It is the greatest!

ford12241292186485.943586 PostsRegistered 6/7/2010
On 12/10/2010 Sher said:

Well, surprise, surprise! I posted this yesterday and today "corporate" called me and told me how to return the pots to get new ones. It just seems very strange that I had not heard from them until I posted a message on the boards. Lets us see how long it takes for my daughter to get her pots exchanged. Thanks for all your replies!!

Why would you want to get the same CE pots? Wouldn't you rather get a refund and go out and buy a better set of pots? That's what I plan to do. You're only going to wind up with the same problems . . . these are lousy pots!

Whatsoever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Sher1292198188.8125 PostsRegistered 10/28/2004Southwestern PA

These pots were a gift to my daughter and I am not buying her a new set. I have a set that I have used for 10 years and I am not having trouble with them at all. I think it is the way they are being used that is the problem. My son-in-law does the cooking and he is not very careful.

Sher1292198190.137125 PostsRegistered 10/28/2004Southwestern PA

These pots were a gift to my daughter and I am not buying her a new set. I have a set that I have used for 10 years and I am not having trouble with them at all. I think it is the way they are being used that is the problem. My son-in-law does the cooking and he is not very careful.

munchiesmom1293938059.837420 PostsRegistered 8/5/2005

Has anyone returned their bakeware under the warranty? Mine is horrible; split cookie sheets and my roasting pan has completely flaked off.

Islandgirl­70321293982046.3612846 PostsRegistered 6/7/2007Savannah, GA
On 12/11/2010 chickenbutt said:
On 12/11/2010 Sher said:

Wow, I'm getting the feeling that each different CSR tells people something different. I didn't need to track back to my order or anything. They just gave me the warranty center address and told me to ship the pot there and include a sheet of paper that had my name, address, phone number, and Q membership number. That was it.

I shipped it out the next day and it went as I mentioned in my previous post - fast and efficient.

I had the same experience as you, cb!

I didn't have to call CS for an order# or anything, they just gave me the address for the warranty center.

In my case this pot (it came in a large set) was not available, so they sent me a similar size.

Quick & easy!

munchiesmom1293993084.4420 PostsRegistered 8/5/2005

Will someone provide the warranty center's address just in case I have a problem with CS. I'm sure it all goes to the same place. I can then just copy my receipts and enclose my name and address. TIA~~munchiesmom

Page 1 of 1