Meant for Mom(SM)
89 Members and 8831 Guests Online

Q Did What?

Shawn and Isaac

Started 1284246208.573 in Q Did What? | Last reply 1286496710.723 by limeylassie

What is Shawn on? She is going like a train that cannot stop and between she and Isaac wow! Did anyone hear her mention something about working for someone else? I used to like her inspite of her her silliness but she is getting very conceited of late. Why is he on so often now all of a sudden? Some of his things are realy cute but I wonder what they are in like in person. Does anyone have anything of his?

Page 1 of 2
La Cose Be­lla1284246410.01122 PostsRegistered 8/23/2010LaLa Land

For once I was actually watching. Issac was complaining that Shawn nor Lisa would be at his show at Bryant Park coming up. She said she had to work, but if he insisted that she attend he would have to talk to her bosses at QVC. She simply gave their full names. They obviously like each other a lot.

Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity.
Coco Chanel

trueheather1284246581.897288 PostsRegistered 6/12/2009New York City

Yep. I picked that up. Very inside baseball! She is really coming off as high - wondering what the sales are REALLY for Isaac. Do you think he's succeeding? QVC has put so much into lauching him- very curious as to how he is actually doing.

"It's been lovely but I have to scream now."

shopchickie1284248250.3658 PostsRegistered 1/5/2008
On 9/11/2010 trueheather said:

Yep. I picked that up. Very inside baseball! She is really coming off as high - wondering what the sales are REALLY for Isaac. Do you think he's succeeding? QVC has put so much into lauching him- very curious as to how he is actually doing.

They are both so hyper- gasping over everything- It is ridiculous. I feel like I could go to Target and get the same stuff. Who cares if they are on Madison and 68th street?

Orphananni­e11284249021.38723 PostsRegistered 6/13/2006

I have not bought anything of his because it has been posted here that he designed for Target. Now that he is on the Q he is advertised as a top designer? Does not make sense.

karmakat1284249561.9971205 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

He was a high end designer first, long before he had lines at Target, and continues to do high end merchandise as well.

LuvToKnit1284249798.727352 PostsRegistered 8/15/2007

I had seen his line at Target and thought it looked very poorly made and the fabric was stiff. Those two were so totally falling all over each other it really got to be annoying, I actually was very interested in looking at his items but it just got to be to much like a train wreck. Two people who are very conceited!

LSSU521284249931.2333 PostsRegistered 8/23/2010

I've read every one's responses and felt the need to add to the thread. While Shawn is not my number one favorite host - she's not my least favorite either. Yes, she is FULL of energy. Sometimes to the excess. Isaac is much of the same temperament. So, maybe that is why some of you find them both off putting when they work together.

As for the question of who Isaac is - why is on QVC so much? I seriously cannot believe the ignorance of some individuals. He is one of the most famous \fashion (couture' and ready to wear) designers of the last 20 years. His lines are some of the most well known in the world and his entire brand reaches a global audience. He has appeared in documentaries, had his own television shows, written books... you name it - he's done it. QVC is lucky to have him. Previous to QVC he did a very successful line at Target that covered fashion, home, and various other collections. Honestly - I miss it there. But, with his move to QVC it is even more exciting to see a higher level of fashion and quality. Isaac is an award winning designer and certainly deserves the spotlight he receives on the Q.

ROMARY1284250259.7713410 PostsRegistered 4/28/2010

I like them together...........I'm finding them to be very entertaining. Shawn does a great job describing the items, and Isaac loves to create more ways to wear his fashions. I do believe that Isaac genuinely likes to work with Shawn. Very fun show!

Yellow Rose

suzyQ31284250966.34722981 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007
On 9/11/2010 ROMARY said:

I like them together...........I'm finding them to be very entertaining. Shawn does a great job describing the items, and Isaac loves to create more ways to wear his fashions. I do believe that Isaac genuinely likes to work with Shawn. Very fun show!

I agree. They are fun to watch together.

Business success today in America is "the compounded result of previous prosperity" -- Michael Kinsey

busygirl1284250975.9271881 PostsRegistered 5/24/2007

There are lots of designers out there. Either you like them or you don't. I'm not crazy about I.M. designs but it is interesting to see what they come up with. For me I couldn't wear most of what he sells. Just not me. Shawn on the other hand loves to dress up in lots of different things and I think he likes that.

Marienkaef­er21284251174.996601 PostsRegistered 1/10/2007Beautiful San Juan Islands

I agree with the o/p. Shawn is way too hyper for me, and I don't care for her on-air personality..bee-boppin' and skattin'. Isaac doesn't bother me. I like some of his things, but would prefer to watch him with a different host.

I realize a lot of people like Shawn and I respect that. My favorite hosts are Sandra, Gabrielle, and Lisa Mason.

How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a naughty world!~~Shakespeare

BonnieBelle1284251534.5518398 PostsRegistered 4/13/2007

Wow, and I thought it was a great show, I really enjoyed it. I even liked alot of his things this time.

LeoGrl1284251596.6672046 PostsRegistered 9/17/2007
On 9/11/2010 ROMARY said:

ITA! I always watch when Shawn and Isaac are paired up - they are so funny together.

lovemygigi1284251671.1135036 PostsRegistered 3/12/2010
On 9/11/2010 LSSU52 said:

I've read every one's responses and felt the need to add to the thread. While Shawn is not my number one favorite host - she's not my least favorite either. Yes, she is FULL of energy. Sometimes to the excess. Isaac is much of the same temperament. So, maybe that is why some of you find them both off putting when they work together.

As for the question of who Isaac is - why is on QVC so much? I seriously cannot believe the ignorance of some individuals. He is one of the most famous \fashion (couture' and ready to wear) designers of the last 20 years. His lines are some of the most well known in the world and his entire brand reaches a global audience. He has appeared in documentaries, had his own television shows, written books... you name it - he's done it. QVC is lucky to have him. Previous to QVC he did a very successful line at Target that covered fashion, home, and various other collections. Honestly - I miss it there. But, with his move to QVC it is even more exciting to see a higher level of fashion and quality. Isaac is an award winning designer and certainly deserves the spotlight he receives on the Q.

Thank you! I posted yesterday a bit of what you just said on another thread. I didn't use the word "ignorant" though LOL{#emotions_dlg.lol} I am really surprised myself that so many people think he was a Target designer that moved on to QVC. He has been around ages and on TV and in magazines. I do admit I'm not caring as much for his Q line as I did his stuff at Target. The Target line I thought was very well made. I believe that from his line there is how Target "jumped" to the monthly (or so) limited collections from famous designers. His private label designs are beautiful.

The Queen of Spain loved doing the calypso from what I hear.

LSSU521284254544.8973 PostsRegistered 8/23/2010

Ignorant was perhaps too strong a word. Sorry. There is room on QVC for all tastes and age groups. They have a wide audience to cater to. My only problem is such criticism for lines you don't like or understand. Don't like? Don't watch. I'm sure there are lines you will like.

Blondilocks1284304953.1233810 PostsRegistered 3/13/2007Home

As far as ignorance goes my whole world does not revolve around designers and their fashions, I buy what I like and what looks good on me and Im sure that Im not the only one. Some of the designers fashions are just so out there but people will still buy them because of the designer. Unless you are filthy rich who buys a 3,000 dress to wear just a few times. If I had that kind of money I would buy a dress for a few hundred dollars and donate the rest to a soup kitchen. I think its disgusting that people in our country go hungry while the rich just keep spending but thats a whole nother thread.

LA Trainer1284340399.5231511 PostsRegistered 10/20/2004Los Angeles, CA

I'm very happy with the driving moccasins--very comfortable and well made. I also have a skirt and some leather pumps by Isaac that I bought at Target a few years ago that I've been pleased with. I didn't buy the TSV leather jacket, but I thought that it looked nice and fit well.

American College of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer

gamm1284340903.14362 PostsRegistered 11/1/2008

DO YOU WORK FOR QVC????????????????????

DEBSTER1284407826.69114 PostsRegistered 5/18/2007

She act way too silly and childish for my liking.

DEBSTER1284407827.49114 PostsRegistered 5/18/2007

She act way too silly and childish for my liking.

Arie571284424948.427674 PostsRegistered 8/12/2007

I watched them fawn over each other on Friday night. They seemed very smitten with each other. And I thought I heard him say he'd be working with someone else the next after noon, but when I looked, there was Shawn. They were very touch-feely Friday night. hehe

Last edited on 9/13/2010

Last edited on 9/13/2010

63crystal1284427331.57310 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009

.....sorry, Shawn irritates me to no end. The only time I watch her is if I like something she happens to be presenting, then I hit mute. Like some of the Isaac home merchandise, but I find the majority of the clothing pretty frumpy.

KentuckyWo­man1284427953.241752 PostsRegistered 10/29/2009

I had to stop watching. Shawn and Isaac were talking at the same time and I couldn't take it.

CherryNGeo­rgia1284430654.637178 PostsRegistered 12/6/2009

I think the Q is lucky to have Isaac, he is a world famous designer. I like Shawn she seems very sweet and refreshing inspite of Lisa R.'s influence.

Kzeks1284434863.1674697 PostsRegistered 5/25/2006Michigan/Europe

Very good post...I am so surprise that there are people

who claim that they are all up to date on Fashion NEWS

and they do not really know who Isaac is....

Thank you for telling them....

Shawn comes from Grosse Point.....

Grosse Point is home to many Millionaires & Billionaires...

Page 1 of 2