Guaranteed Delivery
100 Members and 16235 Guests Online

Pet Lovers

Apple Cider Vinegar tablets?

Started 1318459455.03 in Pet Lovers | Last reply 1318537893.163 by dreamytoo
replies

Does anyone give their dogs apple cider vinegar tablets? If so, what is the mg per pound dosage for dogs?

One of mine doesn't like the taste of the liquid so I figured I'd try the tablets, but I can't find any dosage information for mg per pound. Everything I find is the liquid dosage.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1
grandkidsr­great1318512966.687962 PostsRegistered 11/11/2010

OK, I'll ask ... why do you give your dogs apple cider vinegar? I've never heard of it for pets.

wahoogaz1318533363.3831048 PostsRegistered 8/5/2006
On 10/13/2011 grandkidsrgreat said:

OK, I'll ask ... why do you give your dogs apple cider vinegar? I've never heard of it for pets.

In general, it's supposed to be a natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal, helps boost the immune system, breaks down calcium deposits - so it can help with arthritis, has detoxifying properties to help with skin/coat issues caused by allergies, and it's high in potassium - so it's a natural diuretic. It's also supposed to be good to apply the liquid form directly to the skin/coat either as a rinse or via spray bottle ... to help with hot spots, skin irritations from allergies and use as a flea repellent.

One of my dogs recently came down with a fungal infection on her feet. Vet said it could be caused by several different things, one of which is an immature immune system (she's a puppy). I asked her what I could do to be proactive and help boost her immune system - in addition to The Missing Link and Omega 3 fish oil I already give them. I'd read about apple cider vinegar and the vet thought that would be a good idea - she said she'd seen good results with other dogs.

dreamytoo1318537893.11985 PostsRegistered 11/21/2007

I am not sure about the dosage for the apple cider vinegar but...you can hide the liquid in some really stinky food such as tripe, etc. Hurley is on a new supplement that he hates, I am now topping his kibble with a bit of rehydrated Stella and Chewys freezed dried raw food, just stinky enough to do the trick!

If you are looking for an immune system booster, bovine colostrum (only from New Zealand) is great and easy to give!

Sorry about the font being so small, I have no idea what happened! (nevermind, now it is just bold LOL).

Last edited on 10/13/2011

Last edited on 10/13/2011

Page 1 of 1