Meant for Mom(SM)
144 Members and 11067 Guests Online

Pet Lovers

Is PetArmor Plus from Sam's Club really as good as FrontLine Plus?

Started 1308766704.41 in Pet Lovers | Last reply 1309290647.857 by Sergeants
replies

I called my vet and she said that supposedly PetArmor Plus, which states they have the same active ingredients as FrontLine Plus, doesnt have the ingredient that makes the medication cover the whole animal. The "off-brand" just stays where you put it on the back of the neck.

It sure is more affordable. Does anyone use it? Can you say whether it seems to work as good? Or not?

Any advice would be wonderful!

Thanks!

"It's never too late to be who you were meant to be."

Page 1 of 1
ok4ablonde21308766837.158837 PostsRegistered 3/9/2009Midwest

It's made in India so I'd never use it on my pets.

"We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland

GreenEyedG­irl1308768661.3432128 PostsRegistered 11/19/2007Beautiful Maryland

Yikes!

I'll have to look closer. I wonder where Frontline Plus is made?

ok4ablonde21308769351.4138837 PostsRegistered 3/9/2009Midwest

Not India for sure, but Frontline is made by Meriel (Merck) and they are a global company. I haven't used it since 2005 since I only used it on my dog and she has since gone to the Bridge, but I remember it said Made in France. However, I started ordering it from Austrailia because it was cheaper due to the dollar conversion and that Frontline was in metrics and it was made in Australia. I also hear that some is made in South Africa.

Last edited on 6/22/2011

Last edited on 6/22/2011

GreenEyedG­irl1308776020.4932128 PostsRegistered 11/19/2007Beautiful Maryland
On 6/22/2011 ok4ablonde2 said:

Not India for sure, but Frontline is made by Meriel (Merck) and they are a global company. I haven't used it since 2005 since I only used it on my dog and she has since gone to the Bridge, but I remember it said Made in France. However, I started ordering it from Austrailia because it was cheaper due to the dollar conversion and that Frontline was in metrics and it was made in Australia. I also hear that some is made in South Africa.

Last edited on 6/22/2011

Thanks!

I did call my vet and they said Frontline was made in France.

My neighbor knows a source in Canada for this. But who's to say it doesnt originate in India? And also, whose to say that it coming from India is bad - I have no idea. The vets office just expressed a concern that with Frontline, they KNOW it hasnt sat in a hot warehouse or shipping truck/train/plane, etc.

Still looking into it! Thank you, OK!

JoLeene1308776315.403234 PostsRegistered 6/13/2006Missouri

regarding pet meds made in India - if you or any family member takes and generic Rx, look closely at the package (paricularly those that come in those blue plastic slide out pkgs). Many of them are made in India. I get my Rx from CVS/Caremark mail order and about half of the stuff is from India. Not happy about it at all but our ins. all but forces us to get it that way. Obviously to keep costs down.

ok4ablonde21308833961.298837 PostsRegistered 3/9/2009Midwest
On 6/22/2011 JoLeene said:

regarding pet meds made in India - if you or any family member takes and generic Rx, look closely at the package (paricularly those that come in those blue plastic slide out pkgs). Many of them are made in India. I get my Rx from CVS/Caremark mail order and about half of the stuff is from India. Not happy about it at all but our ins. all but forces us to get it that way. Obviously to keep costs down.

You're right! I was taking generic Lotrel for my high BP and it was costing $75 a month for generic. A couple weeks ago I decided to type in the numbers on the capsule and sure enough it was made by Dr. Ready Pharma in INDIA! I had an appt last week and asked my doctor to make 2 separate prescriptions out - one for amlodipine and one for benazipril and asked the pharmacist where the generics for these are made. Thankfully, the ones she gave me are made here and in Canada. Canada is fine with me but not India. And India is also not good enough for my pets either.

My work insurance doesn't even cover co-pays now so paying completely out of my pocket for my meds I am scrutinizing costs even more than before. But I will not compromise by using Indian meds. It wouldn't surprise me if the generics eventually come from China. {#emotions_dlg.angry}

Last edited on 6/23/2011

Last edited on 6/23/2011

forrestwolf1308932193.5635880 PostsRegistered 6/20/2010Deep in South Georgia

Well, as a nurse of 29 years, I hate to tell you, that, yes most medications you get from Canada, are made in India, BUT!, not China. However, your medication, if from the US, actually is manufactured in Cuba. Most people do not know this. As a matter of fact, Bayer is out of Germany. If you go to an ER, most of your Cat scans, and MRI's are sent to India to be read, and not by a doctor in the US. India is far more advanced in medicine and medication than the US, as they are not out for the dollar, as the US. I really hate to say this, as I would like to support only American companies, but that is not possible any more. Frontline is just for between the shoulders, and others are down the shoulders and back. Frontline, has cut the % of their active ingredient, and this is fact. I will tell you that if you travel to Canada, and have medication, that is not available in the US, all you have to do is tell them it is for an animal, and you can bring any medication into the US. This is not heresay on my part. I do wish you the best of luck in contolling fleas and tick, as the medication I am using on my rescue, is not working for here in South GA, as I pull ticks off him every couple of days{#emotions_dlg.scared} BAD BAD TICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack"
1895 Rudyard Kipling
EDUCATE........NOT ERADICATE

Sergeants1309290647.831 PostsRegistered 6/28/2011

There are now a couple of approved generic equivalents of Frontline available. FIPROGUARD (available at pet specialty stores) and PRONYL OTC (available at grocery stores, drug stores and mass retailers) just hit store shelves this season. They’re both made by Sergeant’s, and we’ve been developing products for pet health for more than 140 years. Unlike some of the other generic equivalents just released, both FIPROGUARD and PRONYL OTC are manufactured in the U.S., right in our facility in Memphis, Tennessee. So you can be sure that they’re made with strict quality control oversight. This is another important consideration when you’re choosing any product for your pet!

In other good news – some retailers are running specials on FIPROGUARD and PRONYL, and there is a coupon!

- Right now, both PetSmart and PETCO are running a great promotional price on FIPROGUARD!

- You can also get a $3 off coupon for FIPROGUARD at www.fiproguardplus.com

- Get a $3 off coupon for PRONYL OTC at www.pronylotc.com

Alex

Sergeant’s Pet Care Products

PS. If you want some good laughs, watch these hilarious commercials…any pet owner could definitely relate!

PRONYL OTC – “Jealous Pets”- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR7jLKTglIY

FIPROGUARD – “Mind Reading” - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlHq_bdYtm0

Last edited on 6/28/2011

Last edited on 6/28/2011

Page 1 of 1