Give Gorgeous
96 Members and 12307 Guests Online

Mally

What does everyone think of the new gel nail kit by Mally? Interested or not buying?

Started 1334247380.35 in Mally | Last reply 1335714717.28 by ICH

I see that Mally has a new kit for gel nails, but it seems a bit expensive. Anyone interested in buying or are you not interested? Thanks!

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next
olewoman1334247470.772111 PostsRegistered 10/19/2008only my friends

not

VCamp27481334247549.557180 PostsRegistered 4/20/2006

I think I'd rather go to the Sally Beauty Supply store a couple of blocks from my home & get the Gellish supplies. At least that would save on shipping & handling charges.

beach-mom1334253527.4539744 PostsRegistered 8/1/2007Mid-Atlantic

I love Mally, but this is one item I'll be passing on. I've heard pros and cons about the machine. I'd rather have all pros! Smile

PinkyE1334271933.363492 PostsRegistered 5/23/2010NYC

Not buying!!! I heard the full kit is $149 + 10.95 S & H {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

PinkyE

TooManyCats1334275392.4072694 PostsRegistered 7/5/2009
Crazy expensive.

SpaGal1334278363.133112 PostsRegistered 6/5/2010

I'm interested! For me, the easy pay and easy return is the key. I'd love to try it out and see if I could really do my own. If so, it's worth the price as I'm at the salon every 2 weeks. However, what are the colors? Is there a way we can see them on? I just got a sneak peek email...

RedConvert­ibleGirl1334278842.6914343 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW
On 4/12/2012 PinkyE said:

Not buying!!! I heard the full kit is $149 + 10.95 S & H {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

It has a lot of items in that kit. Lamps and gel polishes don't come cheap.

Includes:

• 1.10-fl oz Nail Surface Cleanser
  • 0.34-fl oz Nail Prep
  • 0.30-fl oz Gel Primer
  • 0.28-fl oz Base Coat
  • 0.28-fl oz Top Coat
  • 0.23-fl oz Gel Polish in Aristocrat
  • 0.23-fl oz Gel Polish in Like a Virgin
  • 0.23-fl oz Gel Polish in Mally's Baby
  • 4.0-fl oz Soak-Off Gel Polish Remover
  • 0.29-fl oz Cuticle Oil
  • 100-count Lint-Free Wipes
  • LED drying lamp
  • Lamp adapter
  • Bowl
  • Stainless steel cuticle tool
  • Double-sided nail file
  • Instructional DVD
  • Quick-reference guide
  • UL listed adapter

When we shoulder the mantle of compassion no cry goes unheard and no wound goes unhealed. In this world of seemingly endless suffering we have to believe that no one is beyond hope of rescue. Scotlund Haisley, Animal Rescue Corps

Daysdee1334278922.3519045 PostsRegistered 1/23/2007

I love Mally's line, but this is not for me. (I do my own nails at home.)

RedConvert­ibleGirl1334283202.57714343 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW
On 4/12/2012 Daysdee said:

I love Mally's line, but this is not for me. (I do my own nails at home.)

That's what this kit is for. So people can do do their own gel nails at home.

This kit would pay for itself after 3 trips to the salon.

Last edited on 4/12/2012

Last edited on 4/12/2012

When we shoulder the mantle of compassion no cry goes unheard and no wound goes unhealed. In this world of seemingly endless suffering we have to believe that no one is beyond hope of rescue. Scotlund Haisley, Animal Rescue Corps

PinkyE1334284445.467492 PostsRegistered 5/23/2010NYC

It does come with a lot of product and appears to be a complete set - everything you need and more, and to those who purchase, please do enjoy it but at that price it's just not for me. I honestly expected $60 max, considering I've seen others for about $40-$50. Considering that this is priced almost 3x more than what I expected, I will definitely be passing on this one.

BTW, I just noticed that tomorrow the Q is offering free manicures with the new Mally Gel System at Studio Park. Ofcourse, it is filled, no more vacancies {#emotions_dlg.sad}

PinkyE

NewNail1334288079.5132164 PostsRegistered 10/31/2011Los Angeles, CA

I'm sticking with regular polish as I get bored and like to change the color every 3 or 4 days. Plus, I wouldn't be able to stand the limited color selection.

NewNail1334288434.7072164 PostsRegistered 10/31/2011Los Angeles, CA

I wonder how much replacement items will cost?

iTalia1334289272.3671223 PostsRegistered 8/17/2005

WORD OF CAUTION: I've heard from quite a few sources putting your hands under those kinds of lamps is really harmful to your skin. Could cause cancer and age spots. Of course the hosts won't begin to mention any of that info. Lisa will do her best to convince you Friday night on her LR show this gel kit is a must have and she loves it! She'll be ordering for herself AND all the models, LOL. {#emotions_dlg.lol} Therefore the kit will sell-out within minutes!

No thanks Mally. I have great acrylics that I'm very happy with. Always get compliments on my pink/white french manicure.

---Italia! Kiss

NewNail1334289589.6032164 PostsRegistered 10/31/2011Los Angeles, CA
On 4/12/2012 italia! said:

WORD OF CAUTION: I've heard from quite a few sources putting your hands under those kinds of lamps is really harmful to your skin. Could cause cancer and age spots. Of course the hosts won't begin to mention any of that info. Lisa will do her best to convince you Friday night on her LR show this gel kit is a must have and she loves it! She'll be ordering for herself AND all the models, LOL. {#emotions_dlg.lol} Therefore the kit will sell-out within minutes!

No thanks Mally. I have great acrylics that I'm very happy with. Always get compliments on my pink/white french manicure.

---Italia! Kiss

Don't acrylic nails damage the nail bed underneath? (I have never had them, so am just asking.)

azqfan1334290141.9873519 PostsRegistered 10/24/2004

HSN has a similar system by Luminesse. It is under $50 with the polishes, light, etc. and didn't get great reviews.

FUJIMOMMA1334308142.91713 PostsRegistered 4/13/2012
I ordered it because it comes with a 90 day return policy this time and not the standard 30 day. Easy pay obviously made this an easier choice for me, but I am still going to watch LR's show tonight to see how it all works. If it doesn't live up to its price tag, then back it goes. I also want to hear if Mally intends on offering a wider color selection because it's very difficult to "imagine" what the colors will be until its on air later. The names of the colors alone don't suffice, but I was afraid this would go on waitlist if I didn't order ahead of time.

Danielle461334309270.361707 PostsRegistered 12/26/2011New York

---Italia! Kiss

Thank you for brining that up!! I have read a lot of negative things about this process. If you have the slightest puncture in your skin or cuiticle and the chemicals from the products get into your system, very serious health issues!! It was enough to make me "never" want to try gel manicures. The exteneded lenth of wear is not worth putting my health in jeapordy!!

Yes, of course, qvc will never tell you this and of course Lisa says she is going to buy it for herself etc. Its what she always says about things she is trying to put a big push on. Come on!!!!! Who is she trying to kid with her antiquated sales pitch!!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

puppies4me1334312855.403369 PostsRegistered 2/17/2011

Even though it looks tempting, I'd rather pay the money at a salon and have it done right.

Geller Girl

'Nothing tastes as good as thin feels'

RedConvert­ibleGirl1334332739.38714343 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW

There are "reports" about the lamps, the polishes, etc. being bad for you. There are also reports about the science behind the lamp (I forget the guy's name now), the time of exposure and everything else saying it IS safe for you. Of course, no one wants to actually talk about those - the scarey stuff is way more exciting. You can do your own research and find articles supporting that these items are safe.

I'll continue to get my gel nails done. I have had no problems and I love them.

nantucket ­shore1334337309.215644 PostsRegistered 10/14/2007

---Italia! Kiss

OMG! I read all the warnings and "advised to use goggles"...Ladies, you are doing your nails, surely this is a "fad" and sure not worth it as least to me. Gel polish lasts up to 2 wks, well, that's my normal routine without gel polish.

I certainly am not curious or even want to try with the expense involved.....a great top coat serves the same purpose......and it scares me that you need to get everything off your skin, I'm pretty good already doing that but just even the thought that is one of the warnings...scares me totally.

Checked the ingredients too....there's a lot of those products that mainly contain alcohol, that sure would make your nails brittle.

RedConvert­ibleGirl1334339657.16714343 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW

If you look for the scarey warnings you will find them. If you look for the "safe" articles you will find them also. There's also a lot of confusion on the gels, and some articles mention mixing power and gel. Gel nails do not do that. There is no powder involved. That is where some of the problems may occur.

Also, Mally's light is LED not the UV that some are insisting is dangerous. Again, you have to do your own research. The UV light is like getting approx. an extra TWO MINUTES of sunlight a day. Ooooh, two whole minutes.

I'm not going to point out articles or anything else, it's up to each person to decide. But there ARE plenty of articles both pro and con, and people typically like to focus on con.

nantucket ­shore1334354973.4175644 PostsRegistered 10/14/2007

You do have to focus on the con......you're painting your nails and that's it.....it's not a medical condition. The only pro is that you might get "up to 2 wks of wear"......I like that they say "up to" 2 wks...they are leaving themselves open on that remark.

I'm sure LisaR will be doing an "AMAZING" job selling this tonight and everyone will be there "mama" tonight.....

jordan21334355141.6472006 PostsRegistered 3/16/2010

Right now I would say this is a no for me. If it gets really great reviews I will rethink this.

RedConvert­ibleGirl1334355323.28714343 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW
On 4/13/2012 nantucket shore said:

The only pro is that you might get "up to 2 wks of wear"......I like that they say "up to" 2 wks...they are leaving themselves open on that remark.

I can't speak to Mally's product, but I get over 2 weeks with mine (I've gone as much as 3 weeks). Absolutely NO chipping or peeling. It stays on until it's taken off. And it looks as good after that time as the first day - nice and shiney.

SpaGal1334358107.423112 PostsRegistered 6/5/2010
On 4/13/2012 FUJIMOMMA said: I ordered it because it comes with a 90 day return policy this time and not the standard 30 day. Easy pay obviously made this an easier choice for me, but I am still going to watch LR's show tonight to see how it all works. If it doesn't live up to its price tag, then back it goes. I also want to hear if Mally intends on offering a wider color selection because it's very difficult to "imagine" what the colors will be until its on air later. The names of the colors alone don't suffice, but I was afraid this would go on waitlist if I didn't order ahead of time.

90 day return? I'm placing an order!

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next