Handbag Clearance
120 Members and 11212 Guests Online

Mally

New To Mally - Poreless Skin Finisher vs Poreless Face Defender ??

Started 1311868406.057 in Mally | Last reply 1318432364.477 by JesusRocks

Hi, I'm a big makeup junkie and love to try new things. I'm overstocked on LG, Smashbox, among others, however, I still decided to try Mally. The Share the Love TSV AD was my first Mally purchase. I liked it but still on the fence with Kit #2 so I delayed the shipment for now.

My question is, for those that have tried both - what is the difference between the Poreless Perfection Skin Finisher (in Share the Love) vs the Poreless Face Defender? I have so much makeup that I was thinking instead of buying Kit 2 with another PPSK (that I haven't even made a dent in yet), that I would try the PFD as an individual purchase since it seems more portable too. TIA for any help.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Page 1 of 1
k9pia1311868881.4771389 PostsRegistered 12/13/2007

Hi bklyngrl,

I have both, and prefer the Skin Finisher. (I know Mally says "don't call it a powder", but it's basically a really fine loose powder). I use the Skin Finisher daily to set my makeup. I have a smaller/travel size of the Face Defender in my purse. (Came in one of the kits). I keep trying it, and it does minimize pores and seems to keep skin blotted. Only thing I don't care for, is it may have a barely white/lighter effect on my skin. (I'm a light-medium tone). The Face Defender comes in a compact, it's a hard, clear product. You blot a sponge applicator on to it, and then just gently press into your skin. I think it's something that needs to get the hang of, or depends on how much/little you use. I still haven't given up on it, I just prefer the Skin Finisher.

Pets are blessings in fur.

beach-mom1311869255.738934 PostsRegistered 8/1/2007Mid-Atlantic

k9pla described these both well. I, too, have both. I actually prefer the Face Defender. In fact, it's becoming one of my favorite products. I wear it even if I'm not wearing any foundation. which has been a lot this summer! I put on my sunscreen, primer, maybe a little concealer, and the face defender. I tap it on lightly. It gives me an amazing finish, and the best thing is it still feels like that hours later. When it's a normal day and I put regular makeup on early in the morning, I "refresh" my face late afternoon or evening by using it again. I like the Skin Finisher too. I sometimes use that after all of my other makeup, then use the face defender as a final step.

I'm glad you decided to try Mally! Smile

k9pia1311869600.1971389 PostsRegistered 12/13/2007
On 7/28/2011 beach-mom said:

k9pla described these both well. I, too, have both. I actually prefer the Face Defender. In fact, it's becoming one of my favorite products. I wear it even if I'm not wearing any foundation. which has been a lot this summer! I put on my sunscreen, primer, maybe a little concealer, and the face defender. I tap it on lightly. It gives me an amazing finish, and the best thing is it still feels like that hours later. When it's a normal day and I put regular makeup on early in the morning, I "refresh" my face late afternoon or evening by using it again. I like the Skin Finisher too. I sometimes use that after all of my other makeup, then use the face defender as a final step.

beach-mom,

I HAVE to keep trying the FD, so many just rave about it. Probably why it's still in my purse, I want to like it. Maybe if I tried it with less "makeup", just over the primer and some blush. I still think I just need to get the hang of it - it's sooo different!

Pets are blessings in fur.

beach-mom1311870333.898934 PostsRegistered 8/1/2007Mid-Atlantic
On 7/28/2011 k9pia said:
On 7/28/2011 beach-mom said:

beach-mom,

I HAVE to keep trying the FD, so many just rave about it. Probably why it's still in my purse, I want to like it. Maybe if I tried it with less "makeup", just over the primer and some blush. I still think I just need to get the hang of it - it's sooo different!

It IS different! I was skeptical at first too! But once I knew how to use it, I didn't want to stop. I take my sponge and push it into the compact a few times to get the product on the sponge, then I pat it on lightly but firmly. I go all over my face, just not on my eyelids or eyebrows. It just feels so great. I use it over everything. I hope you get to like yours more! Smile

bklyngrl1311874795.683585 PostsRegistered 4/27/2011New York

Thanks for getting back to me everyone. I really now want to try the PFD. I was looking at her website, TryMally.com and was looking at the Special Kits with the free shipping. Has anyone tried these? I was interested in the Beautiful Skin Prep Kit - cause if I read it right - it comes with her primer and PFD, but then I watched the video and it was about something totally different and I got confused. There is not a phone number anywhere on the site to call, just an email address. And I have so many questions about the items on the website having to go back and forth in emails seems like such a bummer.

Uglybuster1311874969.413707 PostsRegistered 6/25/2010Chicago

I have the kit you are referring to on her site, and its great! Both products are full size, and SO worth the price, much cheaper than here on the Q. I recommend the prep kit.

uglybuster

light / medium... graying hair, 52 yr old, dry skin.

bklyngrl1311876215.727585 PostsRegistered 4/27/2011New York

Thank you thank you so much! I'm going to order it and I can't wait to receive it!

Nearlyeigh­ty1311966606.7771 PostsRegistered 7/29/2011

Bought Mally for the first time and have a question about Evercolor Poreless Face Defender. Problem figuring out how to use the product. First, the copact is VERY difficult to open. However after opening it you are faced with a piece of plastic (or somekind of covering). Since the product comes with NO directions for use, one has to decide whether or not to remove this covering or if they do are they destroying the contents. So what I have here is a compact and no clue how to get the product from the compact to my fact. Any suggestions?????? Nearlyeighty

Uglybuster1311967089.74707 PostsRegistered 6/25/2010Chicago

Hello Nearlyeighty,

Yes the product is "strange", I have copied and pasted the product demo here:

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A199513.desc.Mally-Poreless-Face-Defender-with-Sponge

Watch the video for this product, it should help you.

uglybuster

light / medium... graying hair, 52 yr old, dry skin.

beach-mom1311968919.678934 PostsRegistered 8/1/2007Mid-Atlantic
On 7/29/2011 Nearlyeighty said:

Bought Mally for the first time and have a question about Evercolor Poreless Face Defender. Problem figuring out how to use the product. First, the copact is VERY difficult to open. However after opening it you are faced with a piece of plastic (or somekind of covering). Since the product comes with NO directions for use, one has to decide whether or not to remove this covering or if they do are they destroying the contents. So what I have here is a compact and no clue how to get the product from the compact to my fact. Any suggestions?????? Nearlyeighty

It is confusing, and the video Uglybuster posted will help you! DON'T take off the "plastic"! It's not plastic - that's the way the Face Defender looks. Take the side of your sponge (if you have the big one) and pat it into the compact (which by the way will become easier to open the more you use it). Then you're ready to put it on your face. You won't see it going on, but it will feel so cool and your skin should feel different. Good luck! Smile

stars211316724786.4071 PostsRegistered 4/29/2011
On 7/29/2011 Uglybuster said:

Hello Nearlyeighty,

Yes the product is "strange", I have copied and pasted the product demo here:

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A199513.desc.Mally-Poreless-Face-Defender-with-Sponge

Watch the video for this product, it should help you.

uglybuster

Salongirl1316783760.1833415 PostsRegistered 10/25/2006

I need to play with this one...I got the tsv early and FD is smearing on me..but I am probably not using it right...

Everything starts as somebody's daydream.
Larry Niven

JesusRocks1318432364.453261 PostsRegistered 1/9/2009

Thanks so much for the info about the beautiful skin kit on Trymally.com! I had just ordered PFD here and decided to try that kit, instead. If it really is the same size, that's a great deal cuz you get the primer for like $3 more. And you also get a free lipshine. And shipping is free, so you actually save more like $8. Thanks, ladies!

Page 1 of 1