Fall Fashion Days
89 Members and 12841 Guests Online

Linea

We Need A LINEA TSV!!!!

Started 1333032126.2 in Linea | Last reply 1333234943.683 by mcgoo

How awesome would that be??????? A jacket or a printed boho skirt would be PERFECT!

Page 1 of 1
luvmypupz1333032781.1574991 PostsRegistered 8/30/2010By the Sea Shore

We can wish but I don't see it happening.

"I confronted the fact that I was not only talking to a dog, but answering for one." - Claire Cook, Must Love Dogs

Tigress661333033674.18158 PostsRegistered 6/10/2006

I would love it, too....but I don't see it happening. Q tried to get rid of him and now seem to be showing duress, offering his fashions to those of us that did a letter writing campaign to the PTB to keep him on QVC, at less than prime hours for presentation.. The buyers still order limited quanities and don't re-order SO items very often. As another poster said....like a second-class vendor.....which he is by NO means.

IMO, his clothes are the BEST that Q offers.....quality in fabrics, style and manufacturing. Besides, he presents in a dignified and informative manner.

culebra1333042423.9732255 PostsRegistered 3/22/2005

I think Louis sells a lot of clothes, but to a select demographic group of customers. He may not have the universal following for a TSV for all of the customers. Recently George Simonton, another designer, had a TSV and it did not do well.

Shopsy1333073579.781667 PostsRegistered 7/21/2011In the rain

Perfect example: I wore this jacket today. I'm not sure why, but I really noticed it. What I mean is, I felt the weight of the beautiful crepe fabric, the feminine shawl collar, and the pretty detail of the black satin bow on the pocket. As I hung it on the back of my desk chair, I felt the satin lining, which is almost my favorite thing about Louis' jackets. This is a special garment. I feel lucky to own it. Me, with my figure flaws, limited budget and limited knowledge of fashion. I Have A Designer Jacket.

I just wish Q would understand.

PS: I posted the entire message and it got poofed. I retyped the entire thing because there was nothing in it that made me think it would be censored, so I didn't save it.

nyc11333105422.6671425 PostsRegistered 11/6/2006chicago

No TSV or line can appeal to everyone's taste, age group, etc. IMO the TSVs have become so stale and not such a great deal at that. The current crop of buyers at QVC don't hold a candle to what was years ago, again, IMO ..... these buyers have the same boring formula week after week. A Linea TSV would be thinking out of the box! What a concept.... who cares what age group it hits, it's ONE DAY out of 365, and if it sells, then just maybe they'll try it again in another 5 years!!! We can still campaign and hope....

isaboo1333106177.4431777 PostsRegistered 3/6/2007Texas

I too would love to see a Linea TSV. I bet it would sell well. I wonder why QVC would want to get rid of such a good designer and not only keep but promote some that are not so good?

Flossie1333107814.867108 PostsRegistered 12/26/2006Huntingdon Valley, PA

Would Love a Linea TSV. Come On QVC give us what WE want.!!!!

luvParis1333108802.34426 PostsRegistered 12/3/2008Long Island, NY

ditto!!!

SpaGal1333113532.583107 PostsRegistered 6/5/2010

Yes, please! I'd like it to be a shirt like the Robyn, or a print top but in many prints like the medallion, or how about a simple v-neck sweater for Fall? A real basic that would appeal to more than just the dedicated fans. That way others can see the quality firsthand.

diamondscr­ibe1333114794.3331245 PostsRegistered 5/16/2007FL
On 3/29/2012 culebra said:

I think Louis sells a lot of clothes, but to a select demographic group of customers. He may not have the universal following for a TSV for all of the customers. Recently George Simonton, another designer, had a TSV and it did not do well.

Linea sells to a select demographic because we know about him and visit with each other and stay updated with what he has coming up in his collection. I don't think that necessarily means his collection is designed and skewed to a particular demographic. I believe if QVC had a well-selected Linea TSV many other customers would become aware of his line. I think something like the Robyn shirt is ageless and universal. It defies deomgraphics. How it is worn in an outfit is what makes it uniquely one age group or another. I think the denim jacket that just aired would have been a success as a TSV. Yes, he does pieces that have a more limited market appeal (such as the hydrangea print pieces) and it really is a complement to him that those pieces stir up so much controversy when they appear in his collection - such pieces show he is designing and not producing a "street brand". But, there is at least a third of his line that is not so target-specific and would make a fantastic TSV.

If the George Simonton TSV that did not do well is the crystal knit dress (or was it a 2-piece skirt/top combo...can't remember exactly) with cold shoulders, it is understandable why it did not do well. I remember looking at it and thinking from a marketing view that wasn't the best of choices. A TSV has to have a more widespread appeal than something that would normally be ordered in smaller quantities. The Q buyer cut the market base by choosing a dress (skirt?) instead of a pants combo. A lot of women don't wear dresses. Then they did it in his thinner drapey knit. Again, cut the base further by choosing a fabric that does not universally flatter all figure types. And the shoulder treatment is also a style that has a more limited appeal than a closed shoulder & sleeve. I think the GS TSV's failure to launch was not because he was a designer and therefore may have a smaller demographic than D&C or SG, but rather because of the particular item they selected. I think one of his jackets would have had a better result in orders.

author1333116028.2074237 PostsRegistered 7/3/2005

He used to have TSV's, quite a few in fact. I think the idea of one, and one that would appeal to many ages and sizes and styles, would be great. A basic like the v-neck WK sweater or the turtleneck would be a perfect re-entry into the TSV world. Or the Boho for summer!! They could style it so many ways.

When I watched him present the safari shirt this a.m. with the drawstring waist, I thought that would make a good one, but the designer nature of this item just screamed out at you!

The finished sleeves that can be worn up or down, the fabulous fabric (this looks/feels like a heavy silk in person), the gorgeous tortoiseshell buttons, perfect placement of pockets to be flattering, dual-entry pockets, real drawstring, all of it is DESIGNER!! Not stylist, like so many now, but designer.

Why they don't really showcase Louis is truly beyond me.

culebra1333119358.552255 PostsRegistered 3/22/2005

I remember Louis's first TSV - it was offered in shows from the Carribean. I still own it. It was a summer twinset with Pailettes. I wore it regularly for a while. I then put it away because of the pailettes. I took it out last year and it looked beautiful and right in style.

Daysdee1333120214.91318608 PostsRegistered 1/23/2007
On 3/29/2012 Shopsy said:

Perfect example: I wore this jacket today. I'm not sure why, but I really noticed it. What I mean is, I felt the weight of the beautiful crepe fabric, the feminine shawl collar, and the pretty detail of the black satin bow on the pocket. As I hung it on the back of my desk chair, I felt the satin lining, which is almost my favorite thing about Louis' jackets. This is a special garment. I feel lucky to own it. Me, with my figure flaws, limited budget and limited knowledge of fashion. I Have A Designer Jacket.

PS: I posted the entire message and it got poofed. I retyped the entire thing because there was nothing in it that made me think it would be censored, so I didn't save it.

I have that jacket in burgundy and the matching pants. Have yet to wear it. I so wanted to get it in ink/navy also since I have the pants, but it was gone. Gorgeous jacket.

Daysdee1333120413.03318608 PostsRegistered 1/23/2007

I have his old TSV of the boiled wool jacket. I have it in oatmeal. I remember it also came in a beautiful aqua and a few other colors. A TSV with one (or two versions) of his sweaters would be great. Maybe a short sleeve and a long sleeve in several colors. I think they would really sell. August would be good and they could offer fall colors plus ivory, black, etc. just when ladies are thinking of their fall/winter wardrobes. His clothing is wonderful.

jazzbabe1333151308.662718 PostsRegistered 12/14/2007
On 3/30/2012 SpaGal said:

Yes, please! I'd like it to be a shirt like the Robyn, or a print top but in many prints like the medallion, or how about a simple v-neck sweater for Fall? A real basic that would appeal to more than just the dedicated fans. That way others can see the quality firsthand.

I think these are all good ideas for a TSV - especially the v-neck or those tops with a choice of prints.

blueskies1333151859.0876927 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
I agree we need a Linea TSV please ! Btw, had a 3- piece suit in lavender , on my wish list, and just ordered it today . Slacks, tank top and jacket.......will be so lovely for Spring !! :) I think it will be an outfit, that will remain in style for a long time too.

Opie : " The cage sure looks awfully empty , don't it , Pa ? "
Andy: " Yes, son . It sure does . ( He looks up and smiles . ) But don't the trees seem nice and full ."

Swedishmiss1333152054.9571322 PostsRegistered 8/11/2009

His line is classic.

I'd love to see a TSV!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

blueskies1333152944.8476927 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 3/29/2012 Tigress66 said:

I would love it, too....but I don't see it happening. Q tried to get rid of him and now seem to be showing duress, offering his fashions to those of us that did a letter writing campaign to the PTB to keep him on QVC, at less than prime hours for presentation.. The buyers still order limited quanities and don't re-order SO items very often. As another poster said....like a second-class vendor.....which he is by NO means.

IMO, his clothes are the BEST that Q offers.....quality in fabrics, style and manufacturing. Besides, he presents in a dignified and informative manner.

Seems that " dignified and informative manners" have gone the way of the dinosaur, across our society in general. Maybe companies are trying to appeal to the 20 -something crowd. If Linea leaves, I hope another channel appreciates him , and I know his fans will follow, including me. ............Lots of perceptive comments have been expressed in this thread......re poor choices for TSVs with narrow customer appeal. Hope the buyers will read......they will be losing a gem in Linea. Last edited on 3/31/2012

Last edited on 3/31/2012

Andy: " Yes, son . It sure does . ( He looks up and smiles . ) But don't the trees seem nice and full ."

onewhiteSp­arrow1333175985.2779947 PostsRegistered 8/5/2011

A Printed Boho skirt would be wonderful. I already have every color of the solid colors.

Would like at least one Boho skirt using bright wild colors and prints.

For the gypsy in your soul. For the women who dance the dance of life.

Look at Anna Konya Designs for the Boho gypsy skirt. She uses major amounts of ribbons on her Boho skirts.

I have several of her skirts.

Last edited on 3/31/2012

Last edited on 3/31/2012

"From the mundane to the profound. You may tell a tale that takes up residence in someone's soul. That tale will move them & drive them & who knows what they might do because of it, because of your words."

Shopsy1333190022.321667 PostsRegistered 7/21/2011In the rain
On 3/30/2012 Daysdee said:
On 3/29/2012 Shopsy said:

I have that jacket in burgundy and the matching pants. Have yet to wear it. I so wanted to get it in ink/navy also since I have the pants, but it was gone. Gorgeous jacket.

Oh, Daysdee, I'm so jealous you have the matching pants! I still hope they'll appear in my size on ebay some day. The only thing that saves it is the fact that Louis added the black satin details, so I can wear black pants with it.

blueskies1333213394.5736927 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
He was on the 8-10 AM Saturday morning fashions with Leah today, and his Maxi dress sold out in 2 minutes. That's a style that has wide appeal right now. A perfect TSV. Tho as a TSV , a dress would probably have to be offered in more than 1 pattern and 3 colors, because at a certain point in sales ( say 10,000) , the buyer might be hesitant to purchase, if they think their dress will be seen on everyone else around town. That's easily fixed like I mentioned, by offering a TSV in more than 1 pattern and color. .....another factor is that a Maxi dress is mostly a Summer / warm weather outfit, which isn't covered up with a coat , etc. , so it's visible everywhere outdoors, the wearer goes.......which is another reason to minimize chances, of several people being seen wearing the same dress......by making it in a few patterns and colors. Keeping all this in mind, the Q could have easily sold 10,000 plus of his Maxi dresses ! That's a conservative figure IMO. Last edited on 3/31/2012

Last edited on 3/31/2012

JustJazzmom1333213967.5627284 PostsRegistered 11/12/2007My garden, of course!!

I would like a TSV with no sequins on it.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼

blueskies1333218120.8136927 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 3/31/2012 JustJazzmom said:

I would like a TSV with no sequins on it.

I agree ! Customers think of "holiday" when they see sequins.

816730541333234685.64366 PostsRegistered 3/14/2011

I was watching one of Louis shows and he talked about how he is envolved with the garment and production and he wants the best and it shows in his pieces. Maybe they would want it cheaply made for a TSV and he wont do it. I do wish they would do a TSV of his he is such a classy man and his wife seems lovely.

mcgoo1333234943.6847 PostsRegistered 10/10/2006

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} We need more LINEA period. His cloths are stylish and well made. More XS PLEASE

Page 1 of 1