Dooney & Bourke
25 Members and 15305 Guests Online

Liz Claiborne New York

Linda Davies is the NEW rep?

Started 1341982540.84 in Liz Claiborne New York | Last reply 1349150021.56 by baby burns

I really like Linda D. I didn't like modern soul at all and a whole lot of other stuff she was trying to sell to us. However, they now have Linda as their rep for Liz. Common, now I realy feel sorry for her. Honestly!

Common sense is not so common. **Voltaire**

Page 1 of 2
KatCat11341985586.68317497 PostsRegistered 7/21/2011

I'm glad you like her. I really do not care for her at all. When I saw a different side of her on a late night show. The hostess was talking and probably too much and Linda said "This is my show." I could not believe what I was hearing. And, her tone of voice was not pleasant.

fthunt1342017341.8731534 PostsRegistered 12/24/2010

I don't see where she brings anything to 'the table'. She just injects the same old phrases and comments - 'you can dress it up or dress it down". "You can add a scarf or jacket".

Gee I figured that out 40 years ago. Always seems to be talking down to us so I don't watch her.

faeriemoon1342017423.3736718 PostsRegistered 5/13/2005

I like her a lot. Liz Claiborne clothing, not so much.

Adding: Not that this is particularly important, but I prefer her naturally curly hair to the helmet-do she now sports.

Last edited on 7/11/2012

Last edited on 7/11/2012

My dentist told me I need a crown. I was like, I KNOW, RIGHT!?! ~Pinterest~

Reiss19801342017546.3278218 PostsRegistered 4/15/2011Central NJ /Freehold// Long island NY

{#emotions_dlg.scared} I like both... better then the Skylar person they had before....or whatever her name is.

A wagging tail .... and licks a plenty.. Not to mention a buddy for life! Adopt a dog or cat ..SAVE A LIFE!

Daysdee1342017647.9219248 PostsRegistered 1/23/2007

They don't need so many reps and hosts on at the same time.

AngelLove21342017821.1732666 PostsRegistered 3/2/2007

Not a Linda fan either.

kidznpupz1342018534.003559 PostsRegistered 9/5/2005

She's not my favorite either. Remember when she was the "fashion friend" ? I never knew exactly what the purpose of that was.

IMHO the Q needs more updated fashions for Baby Boomers like Diane Gilman. I LOVE her jeans - no elastic waist, normal fly front and five pockets and FITTED! Even some skinny. Hey we deserve it. Liz Claiborne, although it runs smaller is still cut to be worn baggy even when it fits. I'm done with elastic waists. Spandex added to the fabric accomplishes almost the same thing. I'm not ready for the polyester brigade just yet and I'm 59 years young :)

janeinKY1342024426.02347 PostsRegistered 9/30/2005

She must be a favorite with whoever hires.....

It seems as if everytime I turn on Q and Linda pops up as a new spokesperson, a helper, & a pseudo model-sorry hon you just don't make the cut! Seems like she has tried a bit of everything but I really do not get her appeal!!!! She makes me want to turn off he TV & I do change the channel but it means now I will have to shop Liz (which I love) on the IN & trust in customer reviews and hopefully snippets of video clips. I shake my head, Linda, Linda, Linda and I refuse to give in.....no more watching her and her attitude, talking over everyone including callers....bye!{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

brooklynbo­rn1342102450.98328 PostsRegistered 1/2/2008

Linda Davies is the rep for Liz Claiborne, because, I feel she plays tennis with Jayne. Meaning, it's who you know, and she needs a job. I actually feel sorry for Pat, when she hosts with Linda and Jayne. They have too many employees, they need to clean house, and have a sub list (like we teachers do). If the hosts need time off, have people that sub. You don't need to hire a full time host.

And, Liz Claiborne doesn't get great reviews...a lot of 2 stars. I live in NYC, and many QVC lines are available in discount dept. stores...TJMAXX, Century21, etc.

Back to LD...she doesn't seem to be "nice". Maybe she is, but doesnt come across that way. What does Hollywood call it? The Q rating?

depglass1342107676.12724401 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006

Why feel sorry for her, they are keeping her employed after her husband died young. I'm sorry to hear about the This is my show remark, I've always found her pleasant.

Sooner1342109832.3915627 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 7/11/2012 kidznpupz said:

She's not my favorite either. Remember when she was the "fashion friend" ? I never knew exactly what the purpose of that was.

IMHO the Q needs more updated fashions for Baby Boomers like Diane Gilman. I LOVE her jeans - no elastic waist, normal fly front and five pockets and FITTED! Even some skinny. Hey we deserve it. Liz Claiborne, although it runs smaller is still cut to be worn baggy even when it fits. I'm done with elastic waists. Spandex added to the fabric accomplishes almost the same thing. I'm not ready for the polyester brigade just yet and I'm 59 years young :)

Isn't Diane GIlman the QUEEN of polyester? And rayon?

happy hous­ewife1342111040.1633162 PostsRegistered 1/4/2007

On the rare occasions I watch HSN and see clothing presented I always think the clothing there looks trashy. Way too short dresses - way too tight fit on everything. way too revealing tops.

Last edited on 7/12/2012

Last edited on 7/12/2012

When faced with senseless drama, spiteful criticism or misguided opinions walking away is the best way to defend yourself.To respond with anger is an endorsement of their attitude. -Dodinsky

occasional­ rain1342115815.57317323 PostsRegistered 8/21/2007

I don't like her and I don't think she adds anything to the Liz line. The clothes on Skyler looked appealing, on Linda they look dated.

shooluvva1343199342.57481 PostsRegistered 9/13/2011

She has no appeal. Quite bland. But, she loves those scarves!

BonnieBelle1343217053.48319695 PostsRegistered 4/13/2007

I like Linda but don't care for the LC clothes and can't stomach the show with MBR, but I'm sure Linda is glad she still has a job in some capacity at QVC, even though they keep moving her around, she has four kids to raise and put through college.

stevieb1343218226.23731842 PostsRegistered 11/4/2007

I used to like her better than I do now. At this point I can take or leave her, but she's been the 'spokesperson' for LCNY for quite a few months now... It seems she's one of those vendor representatives for which QVC always finds a place...

Vendor reps come and go, but Linda seems to always have a line to represent. It seems clear to me that while many of the reps are clearly tied to the products they help present, there are a number that are not, but are merely paid spokespersons for the lines they tout.

MNgirl1343527047.5237 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I am a Linda Davies fan, not sure why,she just seems down to earth and seems like she needs the job. What did happen with her husband dying recently? Never heard what the situation was.....

PuppyBreath1343528740.8618676 PostsRegistered 1/10/2007Mn. Twins Fan
On 7/28/2012 MNgirl said:

I am a Linda Davies fan, not sure why,she just seems down to earth and seems like she needs the job. What did happen with her husband dying recently? Never heard what the situation was.....

He died quite a while ago, it isn't recently at all. Heard it was cancer. When this line fades away, she'll be selling another. QVC seems to like her.

Maybe if she changed the helmet hair , she'd look more fashionable and less matronly as someone else pointed out. Skylar really did a better job. But, QVC had to do something with her. The Fashion Friend position was really silly.

Please support Pancreatic Cancer Research.

My favorite breed is Rescued.

silverchak­ra1343579028.927728 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 7/12/2012 morning lover said:

On the rare occasions I watch HSN and see clothing presented I always think the clothing there looks trashy. Way too short dresses - way too tight fit on everything. way too revealing tops.

Last edited on 7/12/2012

ITA! Completely trashy, gaudy, and I don't think that just because I'm 51. I thought that 20 years ago!

silverchak­ra1343579148.57728 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 7/12/2012 Sooner said:
On 7/11/2012 kidznpupz said:

She's not my favorite either. Remember when she was the "fashion friend" ? I never knew exactly what the purpose of that was.

IMHO the Q needs more updated fashions for Baby Boomers like Diane Gilman. I LOVE her jeans - no elastic waist, normal fly front and five pockets and FITTED! Even some skinny. Hey we deserve it. Liz Claiborne, although it runs smaller is still cut to be worn baggy even when it fits. I'm done with elastic waists. Spandex added to the fabric accomplishes almost the same thing. I'm not ready for the polyester brigade just yet and I'm 59 years young :)

Isn't Diane GIlman the QUEEN of polyester? And rayon?

LOL! I was thinking the same thing, Sooner!

silverchak­ra1343579296.04728 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 7/12/2012 brooklynborn said:

Linda Davies is the rep for Liz Claiborne, because, I feel she plays tennis with Jayne. Meaning, it's who you know, and she needs a job. I actually feel sorry for Pat, when she hosts with Linda and Jayne. They have too many employees, they need to clean house, and have a sub list (like we teachers do). If the hosts need time off, have people that sub. You don't need to hire a full time host.

And, Liz Claiborne doesn't get great reviews...a lot of 2 stars. I live in NYC, and many QVC lines are available in discount dept. stores...TJMAXX, Century21, etc.

Back to LD...she doesn't seem to be "nice". Maybe she is, but doesnt come across that way. What does Hollywood call it? The Q rating?

I've noticed and wondered about that too, brooklyn. The ratings on the LC clothes are mediocre at best. So they get rid of Marc Bouwer and keep LCNY? WHO is making these terrible decisions?

Brinklii1343579760.0910278 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Northern WI
On 7/12/2012 morning lover said:

On the rare occasions I watch HSN and see clothing presented I always think the clothing there looks trashy. Way too short dresses - way too tight fit on everything. way too revealing tops.

Last edited on 7/12/2012

ITA! Everything I see on HSN looks like it was meant for Hollywood...extremely trendy, sexy...I agree with trashy. Who do they sell that stuff to?

I haven't seen Linda lately, but if anyone needs their hair thinned out, it is Linda. I'm a redhead myself, and I don't think I've ever seen a redhead with such thick hair. It does give her the helmet head look.

I think she is fine as a presenter. I've often wondered why she doesn't try out to be a host, but maybe she only likes the fashion end of it.


A tongue has no bones, yet it is strong enough to break a heart. Be careful with your words.

Raider Fan1344496122.1374474 PostsRegistered 8/11/2009SF Bay Area

Linda, Jayne, Liz. What else is there to say? Connect the dots.

Common sense is not so common. **Voltaire**

Deweylu1345744793.743272 PostsRegistered 6/26/2007

Linda D. is one of my most favorite hosts. Have a mind block on the line she represents and I love it. Some stuff is nerdy or matronly. Easy comfort with sophistication is my request. And yest we boomers are not douty.

taja1231345774709.4332631 PostsRegistered 1/22/2012

Liz C "used" to be what I call preppy looking, and I loved the line a decade agol. I barely recognize it now, and haven't bought any of it. The Q is really pushing LC, giving Linda a show with MB Rowe on Wed. I often wonder in what manner The Q seems to choose which lines they decide to push and attempt to make successful.

Page 1 of 2