Better Than Black Friday
17 Members and 13212 Guests Online

Kitchen & Food Talk

QVC's "As Is" products

Started 1271808155.763 in Kitchen & Food Talk | Last reply 1272346583.813 by jleetw1
replies

Have you noticed that QVC now lists products online that are designated "as is"? They may have done this for awhile, but this is the first time I've seen any items listed this way. Price reductions for such products are considerable. About such products QVC says the following:

"This product may be a customer return, vendor sample, discontinued inventory, or on-air display and is not in its originally manufactured condition. It may not be new. In some instances, these items are repackaged by QVC. Accordingly, the manufacturer may not honor any original warranty. However, QVC's standard return policy still applies. A card will be included in your package explaining these points in greater detail."

I don't know how many products QVC will sell "as is." The ones I saw I found when I searched on "cast iron." Depending on what you purchase, this may or may not be a good deal. If it's electronic I definitely wouldn't purchase it as the manufacturer "may not honor any original warranty." I'd guess "as is" products may have some blemishes, scratches or whatever that won't affect their function. If one can live with these possible problems this might be a good deal. A purchase is worth risking as "QVC's standard return policy still applies." Hence if you ordered an "as is" item and didn't like how it looked or functioned you could return it within the 30 day period.

Page 1 of 1
RavenElaine1271809169.7074370 PostsRegistered 11/6/2007Canada

The "as is" section has been around for years. I've been buying from QVC since maybe late-2007 and it was there then.

I've had excellent luck with my purchases there (which are mostly jewellery).

Remember, you are a worthwhile person, no matter how much or how little you own. - Elizabeth Hartney

EmmyLu1271816260.79639 PostsRegistered 1/17/2010
On 4/20/2010 Sigrid said:

Have you noticed that QVC now lists products online that are designated "as is"? They may have done this for awhile, but this is the first time I've seen any items listed this way. Price reductions for such products are considerable. About such products QVC says the following:

"This product may be a customer return, vendor sample, discontinued inventory, or on-air display and is not in its originally manufactured condition. It may not be new. In some instances, these items are repackaged by QVC. Accordingly, the manufacturer may not honor any original warranty. However, QVC's standard return policy still applies. A card will be included in your package explaining these points in greater detail."

Thanks for posting this info. 

I have seen some postings for "as is" items, but was unaware of the manufacturer not honoring warranties.  For me, that is a very strong point for ANY product, not just electronics. 

Beware - cats own this house!

LindaCinKY1271816844.0671108 PostsRegistered 11/25/2009

I've bought several as is kitchen items--3 of the technique flame items and a set of technique individual bakers w/lids in the shapes of 4 different veggies.  The 2 flame cocottes were in excellent condition, but from the appearance of their boxes were clearly returned items and had dust on them.  Their conditions were excellent though.  The flame vertical chicken baker was also in great shape. 

In fact, all the as is products I've bought were in even better condition than the temp-tations pieces I've bought at full price.  The temp-tations pieces all had flaws and should have been earmarked as seconds in my opinion.  They had some scratches (although it was underneath the top glaze) or blemishes, or missing some part of the design in the glaze or decals, etc. But I kept them all because I like the items and any defect wasn't major, although I wished I didn't have to pay full price for them because of that.

I'd be more likely to buy a technique as is product than any more temp-tations pieces but I won't say I'll never buy any more temp-tations as there are a few pieces I really like. :)

WSfan1271942577.5232148 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Can't vouch for any kitchen items, but have purchased 'as is' jewelry, and found no problems with them. I say go for it. You still can return them in 30 days if your're not happy.

patticak81271943004.04115 PostsRegistered 11/17/2007computer

Do they have any cosmetics from different vendors?Where do i find this site? Is it on the

Q site? Thanks    patticak8

patticak8

jleetw11272346583.807165 PostsRegistered 4/30/2009Salisbury,NC

Ouch..... it would have to be 75% off then that way I could junk it if nessecary

Page 1 of 1