Frequent Contributor

Blue Jean Chef -- Pressure Cooker Cookbook

There is a new Technique Pressure Cooker TSV coming up soon. K37126 It is being paired w/a new Pressure Cooker Cookbook. I really like Meredith Laurence and Technique products. I am okay w/my pressure cooker but was excited about the new cookbook F09871. The book itself is ~$17 but the s/H is ~$7. That is ridiculous considering it is a paperback book -- but I preordered. I hope it's worth it.

Re: Blue Jean Chef -- Pressure Cooker Cookbook

I agree. A paperback book does not cost $7.00 to ship! Put it in an envelope with a couple stamps!

Trusted Contributor

Preordered at Amazon, it is $17.89, but not sure of the shipping charges as I always have enough for free shipping. Even with paying a bit more at Amazon, it might be cheaper as shipping should be considerably less than $7.

Respected Contributor

If you are an Amazon Prime member, shipping is free

Esteemed Contributor

My friend and I tried to order Meredith's new cookbook yesterday from QVC.  It's online as waitlist/advanced order, but the order wouldn't go through.  When we called QVC, the reps said it wasn't available to order yet!  Thanks for sharing that it's available at Amazon.  I should've known to look there!  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Amazon's pre-order ships October 1.  I also ordered her first pressure cooker cookbook (on waitlist at Amazon).  Both are $35 and change, so free shipping for non-Prime members if you get both.

ETA:  QVC's price for first cookbook is $21.00 and new cookbook is $19.96.  Plus, you have to pay shipping for each cookbook.  If you want both, Amazon is definitely the cheaper route.

Contributor

I received the cookbook and it is awful. The way it is printed the ingredients or the instructions are in the crease of the book, so you have to break the spine of the book to read it. Also the print is really small and there are alot of ingredients and techniques for each recipe. Waste of many and to expensive to send it back.

Super Contributor

I have never used a pressure cooker, but I ordered the recent TSV and Blue Jean Chef's cookbook.

I read the cookbook and I can easily see eberything. My pages do not run into the spine. It looks good and the recipe book that came with the TSV has some good recipes too. I am anxious to try most of them.

tea

Trusted Contributor

I have both of her books and have pre-ordered this new one. So far, I've had no trouble at all reading the recipes, nor have the ingredients been listed into the spine of the book. I'm wondering if you received a bad book.

In addition, I have prepared quite a few of the recipes from Comfortable Under Pressure and haven't found a bad one yet. It's a seriously good book.

Honored Contributor

I am disappointed that somewhere (QVC or Amazon) doesn't give an inside peek and at least the index for us to see to know if we want these books or not.  Anyone have some of their favorites from either book that they could list?  Especially in the main dish/meal area. . .

THANKS!