TSV(R) Preview
22 Members and 7549 Guests Online

Kitchen & Food Talk

Kansas City Steak

Started 1346778793.68 in Kitchen & Food Talk | Last reply 1347061622.133 by forrestwolf
replies

I have shopped with Kansas City Steaks for years. It was rare to have a problem, but when I did it was handled very well. That said I ordered filet mignon for this past weekend. Only a few were the correct number of ounces. The others looked like little meatballs wrapped up. We weighed them, and they were not the correct number of ounces. When I called Kansas City customer service this morning, I figured this problem would be resolved quickly. I know mistakes happen. You would think in this economy, with so many people reluctant to spend this kind of money on steaks, they would treat their customers better. I can spend my hard earned money at many of the other online companies which are just as good or locally. I asked to speak with a supervisor but he/she was "busy". Oh I forgot to say, they did tell me they were sorry. I told her KC should credit me for the wrong steaks in the box. She did not offer. She said she would have to check with some department and get back to me. It seems like KC's quality, integrity, high standards and their guarantee have disappeared. They really need to look at how they treat their customers when there are issues.

Page 1 of 1
lacey11346781030.5632350 PostsRegistered 6/5/2009

Well, hold on a minute. Let's give them some time to make things right. It's not as if they told you to go pound salt. This person that got on the phone might be new. I've never ordered any food from QVC, but could you have called QVC customer service? Please let us know how this resolves.

GoodStuff1346781463.10715158 PostsRegistered 11/11/2008

I hope you get the problem resolved to your satisfaction. Just speaking for myself, I'd never pay this kind of money for mail-order meat. I get wonderful steaks from my local supermarket for less, and I'd much rather get a first-hand look at the meat and choose the steaks I want.

boby1346841914.5673096 PostsRegistered 2/10/2006Town of Ulster-suburb of Kingston, NY

Customers have been complaining sporadically about getting short-weighted by KC steaks for a while now. It seems to be more of a problem with the roasts and hams, although when they sell those they do give you a range rather than a set weight. Still, some have found that they don't even come up to the minimum. Point is, KC steaks MUST have knowledge of the issue and some procedures in place for dealing with it. As other posters have advised, give them a day or three. As other posters have also advised, QVC has a pretty liberal refund policy when it comes to food items. Try their CS department too.

twopeas1346855152.5074701 PostsRegistered 6/5/2011PNW

We buy all of our meat from Costco. It's the best we've ever had and the prices are good.

If you always tell the truth you will never have to try and remember what you said before .....

redman111347028667.76460 PostsRegistered 3/30/2005

kc also did this when i direct ordered from them, and this happened more than once.

also their prime ribs used to be fab, now full of fat and gristle.

learned my lesson and now i go to 9th avenue in nyc and buy directly from meat specialty stores. better prices and top quality goods.

i also wrote, emailed and called kc hoping to shed some light on the junk meats i was receiving, but their c.s. reps could care less, and never had a supervisor available. i know they are aware because there are plenty consumer complaints listed on various web sites.

forrestwolf1347061622.1336025 PostsRegistered 6/20/2010Deep in South Georgia

I recently bought the filet mignon on auto, the salt and pepper, and they are absolutely wonderful, and even my dad likes them, and he is very picky.....That said, I got a wonderful coupon (expired) and got a really great deal on Ribeyes, Sirloin Strip, Spiral sliced ham, and the Bacon/Cheddar stuffed chicken breast (that are wonderful........and I do not like chicken breast).........I just could not resist, as meat prices are just rising where I live.........{#emotions_dlg.crying} I have not cooked any of the steaks yet, but I will post back as to their weight and flavor...

"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack"
1895 Rudyard Kipling
EDUCATE........NOT ERADICATE

Page 1 of 1