Just-Reduced Clearance
106 Members and 18722 Guests Online

Kitchen & Food Talk

The Big Spatula

Started 1340245935.79 in Kitchen & Food Talk | Last reply 1340312819.59 by chickenbutt

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Is the Q serious?

How did I ever live without it?{#emotions_dlg.w00t}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

K34499

Page 1 of 1
Missey11340246320.93174 PostsRegistered 12/21/2008Sierra Foothills CA

Hey, I can see where it might be used for entertaining and of course for the large family like the Duggers. But it looks so funny.

chickenbutt1340246367.825069 PostsRegistered 1/16/2006chickentown

I saw that presented last Sunday (or some time not long ago anyway) and couldn't believe it. That is so hilarious. It's bigger than your head!

Bippity boppity BOOYAH!

Angel181340247264.34451 PostsRegistered 1/24/2011
On 6/20/2012 chickenbutt said:

I saw that presented last Sunday (or some time not long ago anyway) and couldn't believe it. That is so hilarious. It's bigger than your head!

I remember when David did a little preview during a Technique presentation a customer he was talking on the phone with mentioned that it would be the right size for David. Meredith could not control herself and basically cackled.

Baxjaxmom1340250033.8272508 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

{#emotions_dlg.lol} I get so tickled every time I see that thing presented. I literally thought it was a joke the first time I saw it. That has got to be the epitome in proving that some people will buy anything!

I'm sorry but I just do not see any advantages to having a "utensil" that big and clumsy to handle. I would think it would be extraordinarily awkward to maneuver over a grill. I, personally just don't "get it". However, I suppose it would make the perfect practical joke housewarming gift.

Before someone yells at me for being cynical, no offense is intended for anyone who thinks it's a great idea and can't live without it. To each his/her own and I'm only stating my impression. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Daysdee1340251286.88319262 PostsRegistered 1/23/2007

Good for you if you want this item and have room to store it. I also thought the Lori Greinier item to hold vegetables while you peel them, is something that would be used a few times and then stuck in a drawer. Guess I'm not as gullible as I was years ago when I bought way too many gadgets from QVC.

SStar1340253374.947974 PostsRegistered 1/11/2007GA

Let's look at it this way. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

If you put the BIG SPATULA on your roof; position it just right. Good gosh! Just think of all the TV channels that would come in.{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

depglass1340286927.4824408 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006

Well, I bought that great big gallon container that you shove your diced vegetables into, and I found I'm not using it at all. Then I figured I could use it to garden, that hasn't happened either. Any suggestions for this thing?

Local1340294096.4531512 PostsRegistered 5/21/2006

I believe Pampered Chef has something similar for much more money. I debated on that one but did get the Q one for one reason - pizza. We grill pizza and two small spatulas was a disaster waiting to happen. Found it also works great for pizza on a stone in t he regular oven and and breads I make on the stone too. It folds up so not so hard to store. For me, it works.

FunkyHulaG­irl1340295952.0177049 PostsRegistered 6/25/2011Wherever I go, there I am!

I got a similar one from Collections, Etc. ($9.99), and it's great! I make individual sized pizzas, and it's the perfect size for removing them from the hot pizza stone in my oven. It's also very handy for removing cake pans. I love it!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

boby1340297491.0473101 PostsRegistered 2/10/2006Town of Ulster-suburb of Kingston, NY

I bought one. I would never say I couldn't live without it (only oxygen falls into that category), but I find it useful for baking pizzas, turning them on a grill, or grilling whole fish. Hey, one person's junk is another person's treasure!

chickenbutt1340301003.08325069 PostsRegistered 1/16/2006chickentown

Beside the fact that I'm not in a market for a giant spatula, my biggest concern was in some of the reviews. A lot of people said that it was poorly made and didn't seem strong enough to support a lot. One said that the handle didn't click in properly, so I'd watch for that too.

I hope whoever gets one loves it. Just watch to see the handle situation and how much weight the spat can support.

Giant things are always funny but, hey, they will come in very handy for some.

Bippity boppity BOOYAH!

danni rose1340305672.892552 PostsRegistered 5/14/2011

heh. i don't get how the reviewers are reviewing items.

this person gave it a 5-star rating, but stated:

"Yes it is cheaply made and probably can't hold much with the very flimsy handle. I sent this to my sister in WA and her and her husband got a great laugh out of it. They have family visiting from AK and they really cracked up over it!!"

{#emotions_dlg.confused1} so it's cheaply made and has a very flimsy handle ... 5-stars? i guess gag gifts get high ratings at the q?

chickenbutt1340312819.58725069 PostsRegistered 1/16/2006chickentown
On 6/21/2012 Rosso Amore said:

heh. i don't get how the reviewers are reviewing items.

this person gave it a 5-star rating, but stated:

"Yes it is cheaply made and probably can't hold much with the very flimsy handle. I sent this to my sister in WA and her and her husband got a great laugh out of it. They have family visiting from AK and they really cracked up over it!!"

{#emotions_dlg.confused1} so it's cheaply made and has a very flimsy handle ... 5-stars? i guess gag gifts get high ratings at the q?

I know, nutty eh? I remember when hsn had Wolfgang Puck's infamous 'commercial' blender (that they elusively likened to the Vitamix) and it had some serious problems with smoking, blowing up after one or two uses, and catching fire. I saw more than one review from dimwits who said that it smoked really bad and in some cases even caught fire and ruined their counters - BUT THEY LOVED IT! And gave it 4 or 5 stars. Clearly, there are some folks out there who have no clue as to how to write a review.

Obviously, that sort of idiocy skews the ratings of products terribly. For that reason, I take reviews on shopping channels with a HUGE grain of salt.

I see this sort of thing a lot over there, and increasingly here too. *shaking head*

Bippity boppity BOOYAH!

Page 1 of 1