TSV(R) Preview
34 Members and 14195 Guests Online

Kitchen & Food Talk

Vitamix or Ninja

Started 1339360821.013 in Kitchen & Food Talk | Last reply 1340851664.837 by loveour4leggedfriends

Can anyone tell me how does the Ninja compare to the Vitamix? It seems like the one they are offering today does more and comes with more than the Vitamix they had awhile back. Sorry if this topic has been discussed before. TIA.

Page 1 of 1
jasbel1339365188.4372388 PostsRegistered 10/21/2008

There really is no comparison. The vitamix is clearly a luxury product. It's the difference between Mercedes and a Ford. They'll both get you where you need to go, one is just nicer. I think this Ninja w/the processor tools, makes this a nice multi-function kitchen tool. If you don't already have a lot of gadgets, limited space and a budget -- the TSV is a great way to go.

Gogos1339366482.973585 PostsRegistered 6/7/2006California
On 6/10/2012 jasbel said:

There really is no comparison. The vitamix is clearly a luxury product. It's the difference between Mercedes and a Ford. They'll both get you where you need to go, one is just nicer. I think this Ninja w/the processor tools, makes this a nice multi-function kitchen tool. If you don't already have a lot of gadgets, limited space and a budget -- the TSV is a great way to go.

Thanks for the input. I just ordered and I decided to check the boards on it. I have no stand alone mixer, etc. So I was looking for a multi-purpose product for not too much money. I had to smash and mix jam last year by hand. Not good idea if you have arthritis. I'm not a foodie, so luxury would be nice IF I want it to last forever. I do have room, and I mean I have room. My kitchen is as big as some livingrooms but at my age the days of big dinners etc, are over. I want to make some of the recipes from a cookbook I got from QVC. Again, the ease of mixing for finger joints that don't want to do it the old fashion way.LOL

Thanks.

"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life" John 14:6

bellarosa1339368309.473269 PostsRegistered 1/7/2005
It really depends on what you are going to use it for. I have both and my Ninja has the same wattage as this one. You are correct that there is no comparison but only if you are just using the Vitamix as a regular bender. Both adequately will chop veges, make hamburger from chunks, make most fruit type smoothies however if you want to make green smoothies, soups, nut butters etc there is no comparison. Also, you get what you pay for. Vitamix has a 5 - 7 yr warranty depending on if you get it at QVC or Vitamix directly. So for basic blending and chopping this will do fine and if you don't mind buying another in a couple of years then go for it. My Vita mix is about 15 years old and I really wish it would die so I can justify the new one with the wider container and quieter motor!!

Southern B­ee1339368772.913210 PostsRegistered 3/23/2006

I am tired of replacing products every 4 years etc. I have purchased two name brand blenders that ended up with different problems. I have read alot of reviews and will probably save money to purchase the vitmax in the future since they have a smaller container that will fit under my counter top.

jasbel1339368891.032388 PostsRegistered 10/21/2008
On 6/10/2012 Gogos said:
Thanks for the input. I just ordered and I decided to check the boards on it. I have no stand alone mixer, etc. So I was looking for a multi-purpose product for not too much money. I had to smash and mix jam last year by hand. Not good idea if you have arthritis. I'm not a foodie, so luxury would be nice IF I want it to last forever. I do have room, and I mean I have room. My kitchen is as big as some livingrooms but at my age the days of big dinners etc, are over. I want to make some of the recipes from a cookbook I got from QVC. Again, the ease of mixing for finger joints that don't want to do it the old fashion way.LOL

Thanks.

I think the Ninja is a good way to go for you. I have the first Ninja TSV and is works great. The Pulse is better in every way. BUT I think you'll be surprised at how easy it makes chores. You have 30 days to decide if you like it. I hope it works for you!

winocat1339369192.829133 PostsRegistered 4/24/2008No. California

I have been in your shoes before and I asked this board and read all the other posts on the board and still thought the Ninja would be the "same". True, it will get you to most places but it doesn't even begin to compare and I have both a Vitamix and a Ninja (which now sits in the closet gathering dust). I leave my VM out on the counter and use it at least once a day but usually more - especially in the summer. In the winter I use it to make some really terrific soups in one container in 6 min. The nut butters are fabulous, too. I don't use it anywhere near it's capacity and that's my lazy fault. I made strawberry ice cream last night and everyone loved it - in 30 seconds with no unchopped ice (unlike the presentation I watched this morning). It even beats my Margaritaville for terrific margaritas.

Watching your pennies and don't use it much - Ninja

Extra money and you will use it often - Vitamix (I'll recoup my money in the long run by buying a new blender every few years).

You'll enjoy either one.

birkin baby1339371567.9073993 PostsRegistered 1/20/2011

this month in Consumer reports,they actually rated the ninja as a best buy.It was recommended and said it did as good a job as vita mis for the basics and was so much less. I broke down and ordered the white one.I love crushed ice.I also drink alot of protein shakes,and hate slicing veggies and grating cheese.I do not have a food processor,and my blender bit the dust recently. I know they sell a ninja at costco.I might run by tomorrow ans see the value compared to this one. The pulse at walmart was 79 plus tax,with one pitcher,no grating slicing blade,and no colors.

jasbel1339371955.1072388 PostsRegistered 10/21/2008
On 6/10/2012 birkin baby said:

this month in Consumer reports,they actually rated the ninja as a best buy.It was recommended and said it did as good a job as vita mis for the basics and was so much less. I broke down and ordered the white one.I love crushed ice.I also drink alot of protein shakes,and hate slicing veggies and grating cheese.I do not have a food processor,and my blender bit the dust recently. I know they sell a ninja at costco.I might run by tomorrow ans see the value compared to this one. The pulse at walmart was 79 plus tax,with one pitcher,no grating slicing blade,and no colors.

That is the same one as BBB. The big difference is if you have a 20% coupon, it can be even less and save on the S/H.

birkin baby1339372714.493993 PostsRegistered 1/20/2011

oooh, now that does make an interesting difference. Thank you!!!

Southern B­ee1340754080.97210 PostsRegistered 3/23/2006

vitamix ---- the best!!!! I wanted the vitamix but concerns about price but you know: You get what you pay for. My DH wanted to know my search results--- I expained came here for advise. I did not mention the vitamix. He did his research and came back??? Why not the vitamix? I said :did you look at the $$$$$. He said--- First he liked that It was made in the USA. Second: If we paid at least $100 or more for something that does not last. He saw the K34569 at the last day price and e-z pay with free s/h. I appreciate everyones input-- y'all are the greatest.!!! I got my vitamix last night. Went shopping today and just made The everything smoothie: WOW. I am excited about healthy meals, drinks etc.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Roni1340826575.857603 PostsRegistered 2/9/2007Fort Lauderdale

VITAMIX! ...it's not even a contest. I love my VITAMIX....and the magic bullet & ninja are history

Blondelle1340835194.143980 PostsRegistered 8/4/2007

I was considering the Vitamix until I read several of the negative reviews on QVC about it. I would read those too before you make any decisions. There are flaws in both machines. I don't need a blender to last 20+ years as they are always making them better with more features. If technology stayed the same then longevity is more of a virtue, but it doesn't and there's always something better coming out for less.

Irshgrl312­011340835981.29313105 PostsRegistered 3/14/2006
On 6/10/2012 birkin baby said:

Sorry, but there isn't even a contest. Vitamix is so far superior it isn't even funny.

Having said that the Blendtec is great too and is about the same price.

I agree if you are just doing smoothies and things like that Ninja is fine but if you are looking for something that last a lifetime and does greens (which are the biggest challenge for any blender) and nuts, flours, meats and soups then Vitamix is the one.

I have had a Ninja and got my daughter one. Both of ours broke within 18 months. I am sorry but that is just too much money to spend for not even 2 yrs. What are the chances that both would break? Well I read reviews of Ninja from Amazon (I think it was Amazon) and we weren't the only ones who had problems by a long shot.

Vitamix and Blendtec are both great (I have VM my BF has Blendtec) and these are machines you will have for life. No doubt.

Mama Deb1340836132.9272178 PostsRegistered 9/26/2006Central Mississippi
No contest Viramix all the way. I own both and it's taken me years to give in and try the Vitamix. Now I am kicking myself for not buying it earlier.

~Debi~

JeanLouise­Finch1340842336.058913 PostsRegistered 10/3/2011

No doubt about it....Vitamix beats out all of the competition!

Last edited on 6/27/2012

Last edited on 6/27/2012

Beeb1340848197.54117 PostsRegistered 11/6/2006

vitamix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loveour4le­ggedfriends1340851664.8372335 PostsRegistered 6/29/2006

Blendtech!!!!! No contest!

Page 1 of 1