Shoes & Handbags Offers
136 Members and 13874 Guests Online

Kitchen & Food Talk

Anyone have the NuWave PIC...not the oven, the cooktop?

Started 1335715088.68 in Kitchen & Food Talk | Last reply 1343551456.07 by 4uthebest

Curious to see if anyone has this "Precision Induction Cooktop" appliance and if they are worth having?

I'm not a big gadget person...but this seemed pretty versatile....any feedback would be welcome.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2
4uthebest1335716761.5933526 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009

I do not have it however I have been using induction exclusively for almost 5 years now and there are none that I have used that have the ability to adjust temperature by 10 degree increments and indeed if this one does this and is accurate, it is something to consider.

4uthebest1335717822.853526 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009

In reading the instuction manual, I cannot see how it has anything but six temp settings which is LESS than many other induction cooktops. I have no idea how the infomercial showed incrementing by 10 degrees especially in the temperatures below 200 F.

Mac Doc1336140323.755 PostsRegistered 5/4/2012

I have the NuWave PIC. Have been using it almost daily for nearly a year now.

I have not used my gas stove since purchasing this appliance. One of the many great features I enjoy is that the temperature is maintained perfectly. Only the cooking utensil (pan or skillet) gets hot. The handles of the utensils stay cool so it is easly to move that utensi off the unit

The PIC has a + and - button. 4uthebest: this is the way you changing the temperature by increments.l Plus to increase the temperature; minus to lower the temperature.

The PIC also has a programming feature which allows me to instruct the appliance when to start the cooking process, even while I'm at work.

A timer feature is also a feature. If I wish to simmer a soup, for example, I can set the temperature for simmering and set the PIC to simmer for let's say 45 minutes.

Another way I use the PIC is for a fondue party. The PIC can melt and maintain the temperature of chocolate. Or cheese. The size of the PIC allows me to actually place it on the buffet table.

Deep-fat frying with the PIC? Yes. Again, precise temperature control gives perfect frying. This precise temperature allows me to use the same oil several times.

One more thing . . . we are all looking for ways to cut down our utility costs. This appliance is energy-saving. Since using the PIC, my utility bill is lower. And with summer almost here, the PIC is heating only the utensil that I'm using. With gas and electric stoves, much heat escapes to the kitchen!

Purchasing the PIC was one of the wisest decisions I have made.

Mac Doc1336140390.9375 PostsRegistered 5/4/2012

The increments, by the way, are by 10 degrees for the NuWave PIC.

4uthebest1336146650.713526 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009
On 5/4/2012 Mac Doc said:

The increments, by the way, are by 10 degrees for the NuWave PIC.

MacDoc. boy that sounds great... Since I have used inductions for 4.5 years now exclusively, I noticed most all have a very small area where the heat is applied so that the center of things such as pancakes will cook/overcook before the rest of the pancake ..

With the PIC, how large is the central area and how even is your cooking...

Finally, what is the total cost of it delivered as I am confused with the web page and the buy one get one free and $30 s/h ? Is that for both sets or 1...? What do you think of the non-stick pans they are including now ?

Last edited on 5/4/2012

Last edited on 5/4/2012

dustycan21336156452.161 PostsRegistered 5/4/2012

i have a nuwave pic,and i use it three times or more a day.i love the way it heats and cooks my food so evenly that i want to use it more and more.i does'nt burn you when you touch the handles on your pan or pot.and it save you so much more than using a gas top.my foods come out so good that i wish i had one for every member of my family,my sister did buy two for her family and her inlaws.it's a great item to have in your kitchen,thanxs nwpic,your the best.

4uthebest1336157610.0973526 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009
On 5/4/2012 dustycan2 said:

i have a nuwave pic,and i use it three times or more a day.i love the way it heats and cooks my food so evenly that i want to use it more and more.i does'nt burn you when you touch the handles on your pan or pot.and it save you so much more than using a gas top.my foods come out so good that i wish i had one for every member of my family,my sister did buy two for her family and her inlaws.it's a great item to have in your kitchen,thanxs nwpic,your the best.

dustycan2... I specifically am interested in how evenly it cooks pancakes as I like to make mine 7.5"-8" in diameter and most all the induction surfaces I used so far will overcook the middle 3.5"-4.5" and the surrounding area is still needing more cooking time.

Mac Doc1336158962.175 PostsRegistered 5/4/2012

4uthebest:

I find that the PIC cooks very evenly. I have prepared pancakes and was very pleased with the even cooking. The same for scrambled eggs. The non-stick pans work great! My gas stove is now a storage cabinet for my other pots and pans.

I use the 9-inch pan for the hotcakes, and the cooking is even for a cake that fills the pan. I have a friend who also prepares pancakes for her family on Sundays, and she now will not use anything else for pancakes.

I'm not sure about the pricing structure now, but I can also do some research for you if you wish.

Hope these answers help you. I do not hesitate to recommend the NuWave PICT without reservation.

Please do not hesitate to ask further questions. I am very happy to respond.

Mac Doc1336159551.0235 PostsRegistered 5/4/2012

4uthebest:

For pricing information, please call customer service at 1-888-689-2831. They will be happy to help you and answer your questions.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Busy-at-Ho­me1336160788.651 PostsRegistered 5/4/2012

I actually own two and I'd be lost without them! I use an induction range, but it only has one large burner, with three small ones. Cooking for my large family, that just hasn't been enough. I keep my PICs on the counter, right next to my range and now I have THREE large burners! I love the precise temperature controls and the portablility. I have taken it to church potlucks, plugged it in on our deck for a cookout party we hosted and used it to keep dip warm in our basement tv room during football games! Induction cooking is fast and efficient and the NuWave PIC makes it affordable for anyone to experience it!

Last edited on 5/4/2012

Last edited on 5/4/2012

Mac Doc1336164522.5535 PostsRegistered 5/4/2012

I keep thinking of more and more wonderful things to share with you about the PIC.

Most of my existing cookware works with the PIC. I have several pieces of the very expensive French cookware. They all work with the PIC. I have castiron skillets — some that belonged to my great-grandmother and my grandmother — that work with the PIC, as well.

The Perfectgreen frying pans and cookware are non-stick. Easy clean-up and foods don't stick when cooking. I use those, too.

Earlier posts that haven mentioned the pancakes made me hungry. Will have pancakes for breakfast tomorrow! Smile

4uthebest1336176506.2273526 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009

Mac Doc and Busy-at-Home, thank you very much for your replies as I who has had induction cooktops since Jan 2008 think that the PIC is what I have been looking for as I sorely missed the ability to precisely control the temps on my cooktops and that is critical with much cooking I do that is on the gourmet side of the fence. I will be getting these and of course start out cooking crepes as I find them a better test of even cooking than pancakes.

Sandyo1337522992.60717 PostsRegistered 8/13/2009

I have been reading all morning about it and all good things except...I have the anodized cookware that I love. Someone said if you hold a magnet to the bottom of the pan and it holds you can use it with the cook-top. Mind didn't hold it, any magnet I had. So I hate to think I would have to buy more cook ware for it.

I know the TV add says it gives you two free pans but am not sure about them. Anyone have ideas? Also how long is the extension cord that comes with it, they don't even show it?

Thanks~

Sandy

4uthebest1337537676.2573526 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009
On 5/20/2012 Sandyo said:

I have been reading all morning about it and all good things except...I have the anodized cookware that I love. Someone said if you hold a magnet to the bottom of the pan and it holds you can use it with the cook-top. Mind didn't hold it, any magnet I had. So I hate to think I would have to buy more cook ware for it.

I know the TV add says it gives you two free pans but am not sure about them. Anyone have ideas? Also how long is the extension cord that comes with it, they don't even show it?

Thanks~

Sandy

Well Sandy,, you would need to get induction cookware such as stainless steel, cast iron or the Cooks Essentials 2012 TSV in colors.. I have no idea about any extension cord as mine did not come with one but just the regular cord itself is between 2 and 4 ft.. (not sure exactly).

Suzi G1342972934.4532 PostsRegistered 7/22/2012
How much are they wanting for the cast iron grill parts? Website doesn't say and I hesitate to get into site and find out I have to order before I can get to those prices.

Claudia1342974183.883357 PostsRegistered 8/11/2005Oklahoma City

I am dying to have one of these but be cautious when ordering. You have to pay separate shipping and handling for each item, the free one, the pan, anything extra and if memory serves me, it is $27.95 for each shipping and handling. The ad on tv is deceptive so call first and get the facts; otherwise, you will be shocked at the total.

claudia

Suzi G1342981296.5432 PostsRegistered 7/22/2012
FYI - I called: Griddle is (3@9.95 + 5.95 s/p) $35.80 = no way Grill is (3@12.95 + 9.95 s/p) $48.80 = no way One unit is (3@33.99 + 29.95 s/p) $129.94 = not Two units is (3@33.99 + 2@29.95 s/p) $159.89; or $79.95 each Maybe, if I find someone else interested in ordering one with me. Just wish they'd say outright instead of hiding behind BOGO free and exorbitant shipping & processing fees. That's w/o me asking about shipping. Have to wait 4-6 weeks if don't pay extra??

4uthebest1342985550.8733526 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009
On 7/22/2012 Suzi G said: FYI - I called: Griddle is (3@9.95 + 5.95 s/p) $35.80 = no way Grill is (3@12.95 + 9.95 s/p) $48.80 = no way One unit is (3@33.99 + 29.95 s/p) $129.94 = not Two units is (3@33.99 + 2@29.95 s/p) $159.89; or $79.95 each Maybe, if I find someone else interested in ordering one with me. Just wish they'd say outright instead of hiding behind BOGO free and exorbitant shipping & processing fees. That's w/o me asking about shipping. Have to wait 4-6 weeks if don't pay extra??

Or if you go to the website and start the checkout process you can see the prices and shipping charges for yourself. As I stated before, I have the induction cookware I need as I have for the last 5 years been using induction exclusively, so I was very content to pay $160 for two of these amazing cook tops. Actually, based on my experience these 3 + months, I would gladly pay double that for one.

Also, I can use 2 or 3 of these at the same time to produce my dinners and it both speeds up the processes and saves large amts of electricity as opposed to using my electric range.

Last edited on 7/22/2012

Last edited on 7/22/2012

Mrs Da1343160351.1871 PostsRegistered 7/24/2012

4uthebest,

Was reading some of the reply's about how long it took to get free NuWave PIC. Have you received yours yet? If so, how long did it take? Just order this product myself since my daughter is always wanting to help cook in the kitchen. Now she will be able to without me worrying about her getting burned. Thanks. :)

Last edited on 7/24/2012

Last edited on 7/24/2012

Last edited on 7/24/2012

cotton571343163780.5642 PostsRegistered 12/2/2004

Just got mine, just ordered 1. Took 4 days to get. Only thing I have tried is deep frying, It did that great! Can't wait to try other things.

4uthebest1343245916.353526 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009
On 7/24/2012 Mrs Da said:

4uthebest,

Was reading some of the reply's about how long it took to get free NuWave PIC. Have you received yours yet? If so, how long did it take? Just order this product myself since my daughter is always wanting to help cook in the kitchen. Now she will be able to without me worrying about her getting burned. Thanks. :)

Last edited on 7/24/2012

Last edited on 7/24/2012

In speaking with NuWave, I was assured that I would have my second PIC by 4 August as they just got an inventory in that should take care of all the backorders.

Please be careful of the heating surface as it is still hot and so are the pots of course so you can still get burned.

SunnyBeach1343249292.4534 PostsRegistered 2/2/2012

I have had mine about 3 months and I can say I rarely use my regular stovetop. Now I understand what poeple say when they say "once you go induction, you can't go back".

I'm still waiting for my second "free" one. I guess given what 4uthebest noted it should be coming around the beginning of August.

My only problem/issue is that I was sent two (one was a replacement) units and both had signs of previous use. I don't like paying for new and being sent used. I would expect to be given a choice between new or used and if used the price should be lowered. Bad business ethics.

Problems aside, I really like the PIC.

4uthebest1343292325.6173526 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009
On 7/25/2012 SunnyBeach said:

I have had mine about 3 months and I can say I rarely use my regular stovetop. Now I understand what poeple say when they say "once you go induction, you can't go back".

I'm still waiting for my second "free" one. I guess given what 4uthebest noted it should be coming around the beginning of August.

My only problem/issue is that I was sent two (one was a replacement) units and both had signs of previous use. I don't like paying for new and being sent used. I would expect to be given a choice between new or used and if used the price should be lowered. Bad business ethics.

Problems aside, I really like the PIC.

I am sure if you called them on it, they would give you a "new" one, but of all the cooktops I have used in the past 5 years, the PIC stands alone and is by far the best one I have used.

Yesterday I was making Saffron risotto and I wanted to work at 210 F and I took several temps around my pan and my temps ranged from 211.4 to 209.6 which in my opinion is nothing short of Superb.

SunnyBeach1343507423.03334 PostsRegistered 2/2/2012

4uthebest,

When I called about the replacment I told them about the used look of the first unit. I asked them to make sure they send me a "new" replacement. The replacement unit looked like it was definitely used as I already mentioned. The same thing happening twice is not good.

But as I said, I really like the functionality of the unit and am still looking forward to getting the second one.

RocketMom1343517474.362663 PostsRegistered 9/23/2007

Be careful with ordering. I have been thinking about it, but when I went through the process, the "free" pans cost $69.95 shipping and handling for each "free" set. No thanks to that. Might just get the two units, but again be careful as some areas of the website say S + H for the second unit is $29.95 like the first one and then when you order it, the shipping and handling comes up as $39.95. Go figure.

Page 1 of 2