TSV(R) Preview
144 Members and 12840 Guests Online

Kitchen & Food Talk

Nutri-Bullet on infomercial

Started 1334836443.727 in Kitchen & Food Talk | Last reply 1336347489.657 by 4uthebest

Has anybody bought this? I watched it and it's bigger than the Magic Bullet and I wondered if it worked like a Vita-Mix. They make some very healthy drinks with it and the book that comes with it looks very interesting. Just thought I'd ask if anybody else is interested in it or bought it.

Page 1 of 1
Amathysy1335064481.731 PostsRegistered 4/21/2012
It looks very interesting to me, too, but I will wait to read more customer reviews before I buy. Maybe QVC will sell it.

4uthebest1335139329.483526 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009

I saw the infomercial and I think you would be far ahead with the K37124 Ninja Pulse. I have one as well as Vitamix and Blendtec and I am amazed at the performance in the small jars.

Mary Bailey1335139493.6677263 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004sw of Chicago

My sister bought it, but hasn't used it yet.

Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.
Just Remember that sometimes, the way you think about a person isn't the way they actually are. - John Green

PBJ1335140316.4176821 PostsRegistered 7/10/2007

I would like to hear reviews too. I have the Ninja Pulse and while the motor is stronger in the Ninja, it seems like the NutriBullet performs differently. Emulsifies food differently. The only negative I've read about all of the "Bullets" in general is that the motor dies quickly.

Poor but Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4uthebest1335210189.483526 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009
On 4/22/2012 PBJ said:

I would like to hear reviews too. I have the Ninja Pulse and while the motor is stronger in the Ninja, it seems like the NutriBullet performs differently. Emulsifies food differently. The only negative I've read about all of the "Bullets" in general is that the motor dies quickly.

Regarding emulsifying are you using the large beaker or the smaller jars as I get very smooth results with the small ones.

4uthebest1335250427.5973526 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009

I have not tried Kale yet but with spinach, the Pulse in the small containers renders the mixture virtually homogenous. I also tried with red bell peppers as they are very hard to break down as the skin is a bit tough and there were tiny pieces of red there... so I emptied it into the Blendtec and after the smoothie setting there were still some tiny red pieces showing. Next I will try with the Vitamix and report but at this point, I am quite impressed with the Pulse which has 700 watts.

PBJ1335267586.766821 PostsRegistered 7/10/2007
On 4/23/2012 4uthebest said:
On 4/22/2012 PBJ said:

Regarding emulsifying are you using the large beaker or the smaller jars as I get very smooth results with the small ones.

I mainly use the small containers. When I use spinach or kale, I'm chewing my smoothies. No amount of pulsing or holding it down has made a difference. I'm not using a ton of spinach or kale but I'm not using one leaf either. It doesn't bother me much but my smoothies with veg added just aren't smooth. I love my Ninja but I would have also liked them to have included an option to leave it "on" instead of just pulsing.

I think the (appearance of) smooth blending of the nuts and flax seeds in smoothie in the NutriBullet Informercial was impressive. Curious if it really works so well with nuts and seeds.

4uthebest1335279340.163526 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009
On 4/24/2012 PBJ said:
On 4/22/2012 PBJ said:

I mainly use the small containers. When I use spinach or kale, I'm chewing my smoothies. No amount of pulsing or holding it down has made a difference. I'm not using a ton of spinach or kale but I'm not using one leaf either. It doesn't bother me much but my smoothies with veg added just aren't smooth. I love my Ninja but I would have also liked them to have included an option to leave it "on" instead of just pulsing.

I think the (appearance of) smooth blending of the nuts and flax seeds in smoothie in the NutriBullet Informercial was impressive. Curious if it really works so well with nuts and seeds.

we are speaking og the Ninja Pulse 700 watt unit right ? If I had a video I would take a video of it but perhaps a photo would work just as well the next time if I use it in the macro mode. ??

My spinach, ice, pineapple, banana smoothie in the small container of the Ninja Pulse is totally smooth and virtually indisitinguishable from both the professional blenders I have AND it accomplishes this in less time... Perhaps because I am using organic baby spinach???

PBJ1335299827.356821 PostsRegistered 7/10/2007
On 4/24/2012 4uthebest said:
On 4/24/2012 PBJ said:
On 4/22/2012 PBJ said:

we are speaking og the Ninja Pulse 700 watt unit right ? If I had a video I would take a video of it but perhaps a photo would work just as well the next time if I use it in the macro mode. ??

My spinach, ice, pineapple, banana smoothie in the small container of the Ninja Pulse is totally smooth and virtually indisitinguishable from both the professional blenders I have AND it accomplishes this in less time... Perhaps because I am using organic baby spinach???

I'm pretty sure that's the one. I bought it on Q when it was TSV a few months ago. Maybe I need to use less spinach and kale. That may be the issue.

4uthebest1335307388.063526 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009
On 4/24/2012 PBJ said:

I'm pretty sure that's the one. I bought it on Q when it was TSV a few months ago. Maybe I need to use less spinach and kale. That may be the issue.

Sure try it with less spinach and see what happens.. I used between 1 and 2 cups of lightly packed spinach with 1/2 frozen banana, some protein mix, some frozen pinapple, about 3 large ice cubes and a few oz of water and as I said it was smooth.

Red bell peppers are a challange for any blender as it is so easy to see the red specks (unless you are red/green colorblind) in whatever mixture you have and they have continued to be visible in the Pulse, Vitamix, and Blendtec.

As a side note, I certainly did notice better homogenization when I used less product as the blades spin faster.

Last edited on 4/24/2012

Last edited on 4/24/2012

JoyDe1336336375.41 PostsRegistered 5/6/2012

I have a VitaMix and don't think you can beat it--they also have shorter jars now, so they will store under the counter now (I always just turn the lid upside down and didn't have an issue anyway.

The only negative I've really seen about the NutriBullet is that they have a "leak" issue. I know my Magic Bullet does sometimes, but we use it for protien drinks 4 times a day and like the size. That's why I'm considering the NutraBullet, that would be better size for travel than the VitaMix.

I've read more negatives about the BlendTec--and it had a limited warranty. Every time you use it, it counts and the warranty is a certain amount of time, unless you've exceeded the number of uses.

4uthebest1336347489.6573526 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009
On 5/6/2012 JoyDe said:

I have a VitaMix and don't think you can beat it--they also have shorter jars now, so they will store under the counter now (I always just turn the lid upside down and didn't have an issue anyway.

The only negative I've really seen about the NutriBullet is that they have a "leak" issue. I know my Magic Bullet does sometimes, but we use it for protien drinks 4 times a day and like the size. That's why I'm considering the NutraBullet, that would be better size for travel than the VitaMix.

I've read more negatives about the BlendTec--and it had a limited warranty. Every time you use it, it counts and the warranty is a certain amount of time, unless you've exceeded the number of uses.

JoyDe,, you can get the Ninja Pulse and if you making protein drinks that is superb, plus you have other tools and containers.

Blendtec is great and I have a couple of Vitamixes as well, but I absolutely prefer making nut butter in the Blendtec. NO LONGER does Blendtec count cycles as far as the warranty when used in the home. The warranty is 7 years and now some Vitamixes are 5. Although old news, Vitamix lost a $23+ million dollar lawsuit for patent infringment to Blendtec this last year and that to me is a rather significant sign of a company that I do not want to support any longer.

Page 1 of 1