WEN by Chaz Dean
18 Members and 10130 Guests Online

Kitchen & Food Talk

Cheesecake Moat?

Started 1329596205.493 in Kitchen & Food Talk | Last reply 1329600995.577 by FunkyHulaGirl
replies

Do any of you have one? Do you like it?

I put my cheesecake pans in a water "bath" as it keeps them from cracking, and saw this thing in a kitchen store. It's $10 less on the website than it was in the store or on Amazon, but even so, it's still $30. I'd like to get an opinion from someone who's used it before I spend the money.

Here it is:

http://www.cheesecakemoat.com/

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 1
Vamp1329596416.7211234 PostsRegistered 3/9/2007

I don't have one, but I'm not a big fan of buying a new pan if your usual water bath works just as well. For one thing, I am at that point in my life where I just don't need more gadgets and special items in my kitchen. Secondly, unless you make a lot of cheesecakes, I couldn't justify it. JMO.

BaileyBop1329598874.732533 PostsRegistered 2/20/2008
On 2/18/2012 FunkyHulaGirl said:

Do any of you have one? Do you like it?

I put my cheesecake pans in a water "bath" as it keeps them from cracking, and saw this thing in a kitchen store. It's $10 less on the website than it was in the store or on Amazon, but even so, it's still $30. I'd like to get an opinion from someone who's used it before I spend the money.

Here it is:

http://www.cheesecakemoat.com/

Do you have two pans to make a mote then put your cheese cake and pan in and see if it works?

FunkyHulaG­irl1329600995.5736638 PostsRegistered 6/25/2011Wherever I go, there I am!

Well, the problem is, if I use a 10" springform pan, it's too big to put into one of my baking pans. If I go to something like a roasting pan, it's very awkward and unwieldy, and thus dangerous...that hot water sloshing back and forth when you remove the big pan from the oven.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 1