Holidays at Home
25 Members and 10510 Guests Online

Kitchen & Food Talk

Cook's Essentials lifetime warranty--not a totally true statement

Started 1322935094.317 in Kitchen & Food Talk | Last reply 1323219331.07 by VaBelle35

I purchased a Cook's Essentials roaster pan more than 10 years ago. The nonstick is really coming off the bottom, it's not scratched. I called QVC and they informed me that there is nothing they can do because the pan isn't made anymore. They often talk of this lifetime warranty, but this cannot possibly be true if they discontinue the item. Sounds like an easy way to get out of a lifetime warranty. I'm quite sure my entire cook set would fall under this, as I bought it shortly after CE was introduced. Can't have a lifetime warranty if they quit making the stuff. I think this is really false advertising. Has anyone else run into this? This is really disappointing that they did this.

Page 1 of 1
millieshops1322935487.1914806 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007

Just curious - did you ask about trading for a different large pan? I certainly understand why they might quit making a particular pan, but there ought to be some other kind of replacement, no? I'd call again and ask - different rep may have a different answer.

forrestwolf1322935879.736023 PostsRegistered 6/20/2010Deep in South Georgia

It sounds like to me the same principal as when Cabbage Patch dolls were the rage, and then they filed for bankrupt , so they did not have to stand behind their product..........The Q can get out of their clause, by no longer making a particular product....They are supposed to substitute an equal, but if they do not make it........Then no go{#emotions_dlg.angry}............I have their stainless steel 18/10 server ware, and a no go for me either........No longer made{#emotions_dlg.crying}

"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack"
1895 Rudyard Kipling
EDUCATE........NOT ERADICATE

Boxerdoglo­ver1322936360.033147 PostsRegistered 11/15/2007
A few years ago had a similar issue with a 7 inch skillet. Because I didn't order it (it was a gift) and they could find and account for the gift giver, it wasn't covered. Am thinking it was register to me and since I didn't purchase or could not prove it they didn't honor it, so much for bill to ship to.....

I too bleed Steeler Black & Gold

ALTECHNET1322976313.357725 PostsRegistered 10/30/2010USA

Costco Kirkland line of pots and pan you can return them for a full exchange or a refund with or without the box. I get that from Costco Corp. Mine was starting to fall off the coating. To be best to use Greenpan sold at Target instead.

Windows Client / Server OS and Android OS Expert

gardenman1323007319.9417045 PostsRegistered 6/30/2005Southern New Jersey

Warranties are often not worth the paper they're written on. It often seems like the better a warranty looks, the less likely those giving the warranty are to honor it.

Fly! Eagles! Fly!

isaboo1323009321.841817 PostsRegistered 3/6/2007Texas

I know this has happend to me as well. I bought the stainless about 7 years ago and the non stick has come off most pieces. When I called about it they said they do no have that particular style any more (?) So, why do they say there is a lifetime warranty? Needless to say, I will not be buying anymore cookware from them.

cats021323014367.791663 PostsRegistered 12/6/2007
On 12/3/2011 jackyl said:

I purchased a Cook's Essentials roaster pan more than 10 years ago. The nonstick is really coming off the bottom, it's not scratched. I called QVC and they informed me that there is nothing they can do because the pan isn't made anymore. They often talk of this lifetime warranty, but this cannot possibly be true if they discontinue the item. Sounds like an easy way to get out of a lifetime warranty. I'm quite sure my entire cook set would fall under this, as I bought it shortly after CE was introduced. Can't have a lifetime warranty if they quit making the stuff. I think this is really false advertising. Has anyone else run into this? This is really disappointing that they did this.

Warranties are legal documents; they are not merely pieces of paper. Read the warranty statement if you still have it. What does it say about replacements? Does it say anything about discontinued items (e.g. replacement with a "similar item")? Does it tell you to call QVC or to call the manufacturer? You have certain rights under the warranty and as long as the other party is still in business, you may have remedies.

Armadillo11323015022.9172 PostsRegistered 12/30/2010Florida

I have returned CE twice and was given a refund. One for a set of pots/pans that were 2 y.o and a pot w/colander lid no longer made. No hassle; just returned to CE in NC. I would definitely call customer service, again, and tell them you want a refund/credit. Perhaps you did not convey this information.

cherrywood1323015799.977241 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I had somewhat same experience as Armadillo1. I returned the pan twice and received replacements. Though they discontinued, they replaced with a comparable pan both times. Each one peeled. I returned the third time and told them not to bother replacing -- I just wanted them to be aware of the problem. To my surprise, they gave me a full credit on my next purchase. So I think they will take care of this for you, jackyl, unless something in customer service has changed. My experience was a few years ago. I only called customer service on my first try. The other two times, I just returned the pan without calling. Not necessarily recommending this, just passing along what I did.

Cardamom1323016057.4936790 PostsRegistered 6/24/2006
That is bull. Talk to someone else. I had a whole set that was 10 years old. They sent me a new set that was comparable. The old stuff is not nearly as good as the new stuff. They know the tefflon wears off.

misspammie1323016742.9912385 PostsRegistered 3/14/2010now in Virginia

Jackyl, my set is old too. Rats!!! It sounds like an easy out,,,once they get enough complaints about something, they'll just discontinue it. That kind of c r @ p is soooo discouraging.

"jus' sanwiches and milk"

chickenbutt1323017205.11323932 PostsRegistered 1/16/2006chickentown

I've only called in the warranty once, but the experience was definitely positive. While they didn't have the exact pan anymore (I had it for years), they offered me two choices, both of which were upgrades. Within a week I had a replacement.

ITA with Gemini - talk to somebody else.

Bippity boppity BOOYAH!

Sage041323026782.86398 PostsRegistered 7/10/2011

The person you talked to does not know what they are talking about. I have had replacements sent to me although at one time it was a different pan because that one had been discontinued,

If you do not get any satisfaction, ask for a supervisor.

bennyjmo1323201695.1871 PostsRegistered 12/6/2011

Hi, I purchased CE Stainless Steel 500 non-stick in 2006. Had problem with pans sticking

in 2008. Contacted QVC and then later contacted by Cook's Essentials Warranty Ctr. and I

returned my items, they did not have an exact match, but offered alternatives. I accepted

it and received replaced items. I just returned 2 skillets that were part of the replacement

and am waiting to here on these items. bennyjmo

balogna1323202049.811202 PostsRegistered 11/15/2007Michigan

Mine is in the trash can, I didn't even bother to call and check. My favorite cookware is Le Creuset, don't trust any of the cookware from Q. Sorry!

mominohio1323218471.3773119 PostsRegistered 8/8/2010

Over the years, I have had to have probably more that a dozen pieces of CE replaced, and while they always replaced or upgraded for a discontinued style, paying that return shipping each time is like buying new all over again. Some pieces have had to be replaced twice and are failing again. I was done with CE a long time ago. In all fairness, I've never found a nonstick cookware that lasts forever, some just perform better longer than others. I'm glad when I started buying CE many years ago that I didn't get rid of my old Revere Ware copper bottom stuff. Still kicking and I'm the third generation to use some of it!

VaBelle351323219331.079498 PostsRegistered 11/19/2004VA suburbs of Washington, DC

I've returned pots three times. They replace it with the closest possible pan they have in stock, give you a refund or give you the choice of a new pan. My pans are pre-technique, they are the original hard anondized steel ones before they were named technique.

Call back, speak to customer service again, a supervisor if you have to, and they will hook you up.

QVC Shopper since 1993

Page 1 of 1