TSV(R) Preview
66 Members and 16340 Guests Online

Kitchen & Food Talk

Anyone ruined a Contigo travel cup in the dishwasher?

Started 1322323987.233 in Kitchen & Food Talk | Last reply 1322343274.087 by kidznpupz
replies

I've been putting mine in all along. Now I want to order more for gifts and I see the old one is not supposed to go into the dishwasher at all. The new one says the lid can go in, the body should be hand washed. I don't want to give anything that can't go into the dishwasher.

Page 1 of 1
chickenbutt1322325560.31724607 PostsRegistered 1/16/2006chickentown

Hi Depglass. I have one and I just handwash it. Takes a few seconds, so I don't feel the need to put it in the dishwasher. I would imagine that most people would not have a problem handwashing them, unless they have enough of them to have some in the dishwasher and one to take with them to work, or whatever, each day.

IIRC mine said to handwash the body.

Bippity boppity BOOYAH!

forrestwolf1322326831.8836170 PostsRegistered 6/20/2010Deep in South Georgia

They really are a good product, as I bought a red and purple one, and my boss bought me one of the red ones as a gift at the same time, as I wanted it for work, and then my officer that is always with me at pill call every morning, was always spilling his coffee all the time, was having such a problem, that I gave him my red one that I bought, and my boss has a green one.........My point is, my red one, and my officers red one both peeled very badly, and the green one did not, nor my purple one.....And I know I just rise mine out every day, as my boss, because we can not take it out of the prison.....My officer took something and took all the color off his, due to peeling, mine still is peeling. My thoughts are, that maybe the red has a problem, and no problems with the others. They really keep coffee hot for a long time, my officer says maybe too hot, but I love for my coffee to be hot...Washing by hand is not a problem......I would still give them, even though, they are hand wash{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack"
1895 Rudyard Kipling
EDUCATE........NOT ERADICATE

chickenbutt1322327349.36324607 PostsRegistered 1/16/2006chickentown

I wonder why they are peeling. I gave my cleaning lady two of them for christmas two years ago. One is red and that is the one I always see her using, as she loves red, and it still looks like new.

Mine is black and is still pristine, but I have to admit that I don't use it very often.

ETA - I don't know if it makes a difference, but the one I purchased for myself and the ones I purchased for my cleaning lady all came from amazon.

Last edited on 11/26/2011

Bippity boppity BOOYAH!

blue_weima­raner1322329343.541138 PostsRegistered 7/17/2007Pennsylvania

My local Target carries the Contigo Travel mug (although not a huge color selection, but it varies)...in case you can't find free shipping on these....

I have put the lids in the top rack, but not the actual cup part. These are the best travel mugs ever.

my weimaraner is smarter than your honor student

* whatever doesn't kill me had better start running *

maplecrazed1322329645.747210 PostsRegistered 7/17/2005

I wash mine by hand every day and about once a week run it thru the dishwasher. They are fine. I like to clean the lid in the dishwasher cuz it gets yucky.

CaChica1322340834.2375897 PostsRegistered 1/13/2006

The ones I got for dh at Costco last year are peeling also. I hand wash everthing. I suspect putting them in hot dishwater and soaking may be the problem.

I heard you can order new tops at the company but haven't looked into it. If you find the source would you please post the link for the lids?

The cups are sold on Amazon also. We like the older ones because they fit under the kerug machine.

forrestwolf1322342837.2836170 PostsRegistered 6/20/2010Deep in South Georgia

I do not know why mine are peeling, as well as my officers did, but both were red........The others do not peel, and none of them have ever seen the inside of a dishwasher{#emotions_dlg.sad} Now, our city water has a lot of sulfur in it, but I have well water at home. I did buy mine, and the others also came from the Q.............I do use mine every day at work..........Monday thru Thursday, and I do drink at least a couple of them full of coffee......Now.....I know this will gross a lot of people out, but my ex and I both came from the old school, that you did not "wash" your coffe cup, you just rinsed it out, and my boss is of the same, and back when I worked at Ft Benning, the retired Sgt Major, would love to be in before me, and would wash my cup, as he knew it aggrivated me, and then I would only rinse it out, as coffee is better with this, and taste bad, to me, after I use detergent in it......Now I do place my regular coffee cups in the dishwasher, as I usually do not make coffee at home, as I would just drink the whole pot, so coffee is for work, unless I have company..........{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack"
1895 Rudyard Kipling
EDUCATE........NOT ERADICATE

kidznpupz1322343274.087554 PostsRegistered 9/5/2005

I actually did ruin one in the dw. I was tired of hand washing so I put mine through the dishwasher. Now it went through for about two months but I noticed my coffee didn't stay as hot as it used to. Maybe that wouldn't be a concern to you - but I like my coffee hot and I like it to stay that way.

So anyway I bought myself a new one and I do handwash but put the lid in the DW.

HTH

Page 1 of 1