Just-Reduced Clearance
24 Members and 8551 Guests Online

Kitchen & Food Talk

The Original Green Pan with Thermolon vs other Green Pan with Thermolon.

Started 1321041267.357 in Kitchen & Food Talk | Last reply 1321105582.093 by CLEM

The real The Original GreenPan™ does not use PTFE, but brings with Thermolon™ non-stick technology a healthy alternative to the market. Thermolon™ is heat resistant up to high temperatures. This means that GreenPan™ has an extra safety feature; if you overheat your pan, even up to 450°C/850°F, no toxic fumes will be released and the coating will not blister or peel. Some of the other sold don't handle well.

How many here are using Green Pan, from Target, HSN or QVC. To me the one sold at Target for $89 bucks the 11 piece one is not bad. But how many here has tried them all?

Windows Client / Server OS and Android OS Expert

Page 1 of 1
RedConvert­ibleGirl1321041437.46714103 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW

I only use Todd's Copperfused Green Pans and LOVE them! I can't rave enough about them.

When we shoulder the mantle of compassion no cry goes unheard and no wound goes unhealed. In this world of seemingly endless suffering we have to believe that no one is beyond hope of rescue. Scotlund Haisley, Animal Rescue Corps

LipstickDi­va1321046908.34337945 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005On the Lake in Ohio

My Todd English Green Pans hit the trash. Both fry pans quickly lost their non-stick value and were horrendous to try and clean up. I toyed with contacting Good Housekeeping about them because they did have the seal of approval and are supposed to stand behind the products but I just decided to toss them and move on.

You can't buy love but you can adopt it. Adopt, don't shop.

RedConvert­ibleGirl1321047949.9914103 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW

Those were the regular Green Pans, not the Copperfused right? I know people come on here and say the pans are bad, but honestly my Copperfused ones are incredible. And they're just plain beautiful to look at!

When we shoulder the mantle of compassion no cry goes unheard and no wound goes unhealed. In this world of seemingly endless suffering we have to believe that no one is beyond hope of rescue. Scotlund Haisley, Animal Rescue Corps

Witchy Wom­an1321048285.5332680 PostsRegistered 12/17/2005

I bought a few of the Todd English pans from HSN...some hard anodized, a couple of the copperfused....and one or two of the stainless....Honestly, I don't care for them....they all stick unless you use substantial amounts of oil/butter. The small skillet that got daily use is now ready for the garbage.

The big soup pot is still in great shape. A couple of the other pans had hollow handles that filled with water when you washed them and before I realized what was happening, made a huge mess on my stove...Once I figured it out, I made sure the handles drained out.

I would likely not buy them again....Stainless is still the best pan for my money...although I do love non-stick....

ALTECHNET1321048725.27725 PostsRegistered 10/30/2010USA
On 11/11/2011 RedConvertibleGirl said:

Those were the regular Green Pans, not the Copperfused right? I know people come on here and say the pans are bad, but honestly my Copperfused ones are incredible. And they're just plain beautiful to look at!

We have the ones from Target. I just made something both of them. Turkey ground and the other Jazzman Rice. Neighter pan and pot stuck on to any of them. Actually I use coconut oil in the pan and goat milk butter in the pot to cook with. Still too much hype in the Green Pan. I also wanted to spend a bit more and got those German Green Earth Pan by Ozeri rated as 100% PTFE and PFOA free sizes I got were the 8", 10" and 12" (hard to get). I also heard Todd pans weren't 100% PTFE or PFOA or both. The wording on some of his stuff left question mark.

I see one QVC buyer here had tose theirs in the trash. Suppose to have warranty for failure. Like Costco does on their top end non-stick collection. I can take those back for a full refund since the coating on the larger pan came off.

Last edited on 11/11/2011

ALTECHNET1321048886.373725 PostsRegistered 10/30/2010USA
On 11/11/2011 ALTECHNET said:

We have the ones from Target. I just made something both of them. Turkey ground and the other Jazzman Rice. Neighter pan and pot stuck on to any of them. Actually I use coconut oil in the pan and goat milk butter in the pot to cook with. Still too much hype in the Green Pan. I also wanted to spend a bit more and got those German Green Earth Pan by Ozeri rated as 100% PTFE and PFOA free sizes I got were the 8", 10" and 12" (hard to get). I also heard Todd pans weren't 100% PTFE or PFOA or both. The wording on some of his stuff left question mark.

I see one QVC buyer here had tose theirs in the trash. Suppose to have warranty for failure. Like Costco does on their top end non-stick hard anodized 14 collection. I can take those back for a full refund since the coating on the larger pan came off.

RedConvert­ibleGirl1321049063.4914103 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW

You will always find people that like the product, and the people that don't. Only way to know for sure is to try it yourself.

forrest1321050000.727797 PostsRegistered 11/23/2006Virginia

I only use Todd's Copperfused Green Pans and LOVE them! I can't rave enough about them.

I couldn't agree more- I just bought the ts he had on hsn the other day for my sister-in-law who loves to cook. They cook very quickly and are a real pleasure to use. I will keep buying as long as he has them, which I hope is a long time.

RedConvert­ibleGirl1321050100.0814103 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW

I saw that set. I didn't purchase it only because I had two of the pans already - just not the big covered one and didn't think I'd get that much use out of it.

ALTECHNET1321056275725 PostsRegistered 10/30/2010USA

Well the Wok came with it which is a plus for me. I just made Applegate Turkey bacon they heat up quickly not sticking. Now when it came to the eggs I had to use some Coconut oil and got tone of those pump type spray for my oils. Neat. Eggs started to stick though after I had applied it they didn't. I say you never can run out of pots and pans. But the Green Pan at Target is very good. Has to be washed by hand though.

krissybell1321078606.803521 PostsRegistered 7/10/2010TYLER TX

I USED THE ONE FROM HSN/IT STICKS/NO GOOD{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

BJ/JUST THE WAY I AM

CLEM1321105582.09312523 PostsRegistered 9/1/2008PA

I have been using the hard anodized green pans from HSN for years now. Love them.

Page 1 of 1