Give Gorgeous
59 Members and 12349 Guests Online

Kitchen & Food Talk

The KitchenAid lady's voice

Started 1320077413.873 in Kitchen & Food Talk | Last reply 1321756282.8 by Geniebeanie

I didn't watch the Q at all yesterday, but did catch part of the presentation of the food processor near midnight last night. I try not to criticize hosts and vendors, but I have to say I couldn't bear even a few minutes of that lady's voice. I can't imagine listening to that voice for more than that few minutes, let alone presentation after presentation, OMG! I felt sorry for her because she seemed like a nice person, but I felt sorrier for the hosts who had to stand there and listen to her speak.

What's wrong with companies who would let someone with such an irritating voice (or other irritating mannerisms) present their products? I would think for the sake of selling the products, they would be more discerning.

Whatsoever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next
BJR1320077558.82275 PostsRegistered 8/8/2006

I enjoyed her prrsentations. I thought she did well and her voice was pleasant. BJR.

molisa1320077700.0371196 PostsRegistered 8/25/2010Missouri

I did not see the last show but watched several of the presentations yesterday. I don't remember her voice. I will say she did every presentation, starting at midnight, and they presented that thing in just about every show, since it was cooking day. On at least a couple of shows it was the whole presentation. So, she had been at this for almost 24 hours by late last night and had been pushing those mixers (which I bought in cinnamon gloss) and talking almost all day. And they sold lots of them, several colors sold out, so her voice didn't seem to hurt the sale of the product. Maybe by last last night she was just tired and her voice was giving out? Just a thought.

Beebo1320077962.276959 PostsRegistered 4/13/2010

I have watched her many times and have never found her voice to be annoying. I have always enjoyed her presentations and find them informative. Often I learn something new.

suzyQ31320078667.39725128 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007

Sorry, ford, but I have to add to the chorus here. I think she is one of the best vendors on QVC.

The single story creates stereotypes, and the problem with stereotypes is not that they are untrue but that they are incomplete. They make one story become the only story -- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

ford12241320079388.3973586 PostsRegistered 6/7/2010

No problem everyone if you disagree . . . that what this BB is for. Perhaps I was tired and/or my TV sound was "off." And I didn't watch all day, so I have no idea how she sounded prior to my tuning in the last few minutes last night. Just put me on "ignore," LOL.

Whatsoever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

carrob1320079491.5471816 PostsRegistered 10/6/2010 FL

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Last edited on 10/31/2011

Missey11320079558.6673174 PostsRegistered 12/21/2008Sierra Foothills CA

I had the Q on most of the day. I really like her but after so many presentations, she really sounded loud. But I wonder if their mikes(sp) are turned up more because of the noise of the mixers/appliances.

millieshops1320080024.48715140 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007

There were 2 different reps and I can't say I remember either's voice, so I'm sure I wasn't irritated.

And I did finally break down and order a cinnamon gloss later yesterday afternoon - and I'm so excited to see it has already shipped - no wait for processing, etc.! Yeah! I don't even cook or bake a whole lot - but I just know I'm going to love this machine. I've been toying with buying a new mixer for a very long time. It was going to be a new and better hand mixer than my old yardsale one, but not having to hang onto it will undoubtedly be better for me. It's the first purchase I"ve made anywhere in a very long time that I"m really excited about. Been buying just needs for the most part.

tdog1320080236.7732265 PostsRegistered 12/4/2007

She always just sounded like a friendly southern lady to me. She seems to like her job. An irritating vendor voice to me is Dennis Basso!!

molisa1320080322.341196 PostsRegistered 8/25/2010Missouri
On 10/31/2011 millieshops said:

There were 2 different reps and I can't say I remember either's voice, so I'm sure I wasn't irritated.

And I did finally break down and order a cinnamon gloss later yesterday afternoon - and I'm so excited to see it has already shipped - no wait for processing, etc.! Yeah! I don't even cook or bake a whole lot - but I just know I'm going to love this machine. I've been toying with buying a new mixer for a very long time. It was going to be a new and better hand mixer than my old yardsale one, but not having to hang onto it will undoubtedly be better for me. It's the first purchase I"ve made anywhere in a very long time that I"m really excited about. Been buying just needs for the most part.

I also ordered the cinnamon gloss. I can't believe your's has shipped, lucky you! I have also been considering one for a long time. Yesterday I got online and checked prices at Kohls, Sears, and Wal-Mart. The TSV was a really good deal. I hope you enjoy yours, I am really excited and can't wait to get mine! It is my Christmas present to myself this year!

Jo-Anna1320080418.03324 PostsRegistered 10/14/2006

well the lady with the "irritable" voice has been selling KitchenAid quite succesfully for almost 20 years on QVC. I don't know, but they started the day with 56.000 mixers and by the end of the day sold over 50.000 of them. So she seems to be doing quite well don't you think?Also do you not have anything better to do with your time than to diss someone for something they really have no control over, such as the way they sound when they speak? Celebrate human diversity and try not to be so judgemental. I know you must be a kinder person than you are presenting yourself to be here. Happy Holidays!

queendiva1320080632.353456 PostsRegistered 9/22/2006
On 10/31/2011 Jo-Anna said:

well the lady with the "irritable" voice has been selling KitchenAid quite succesfully for almost 20 years on QVC. I don't know, but they started the day with 56.000 mixers and by the end of the day sold over 50.000 of them. So she seems to be doing quite well don't you think?Also do you not have anything better to do with your time than to diss someone for something they really have no control over, such as the way they sound when they speak? Celebrate human diversity and try not to be so judgemental. I know you must be a kinder person than you are presenting yourself to be here. Happy Holidays!

Thanks for saying what I was thinking.

AnneMc1320082359.12992 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

millieshops, I bet you're going to love your new mixer! I kept going back & forth on getting one and my husband finally picked up the phone to order it for me when he caught me tuning in at 11pm to take one more look. The Cinnamon Gloss I'd been eyeing had just sold out. I see through this thread that at least a couple are going to excited recepients. I ended up getting the Black, and I'm quite pleased with that.

Back to topic - Since I tuned into several presentations throughout the day I agree that by the late night shows the poor rep's voice did come off a bit more shrill than usual. I'm guessing she was getting very raspy from talking nearly 24 hrs. and was "pushing" her voice at the end.

I like her as a vendor because she knows her products and seems more interested in imparting info on items she's selling than others who might be more telegenic but appear more focused on being cute and entertaining.

suzyQ31320082683.01325128 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007

You're really barking up the wrong tree here. Ford is a very considerate and intelligent poster. IMO, your slam is unwarranted.

The single story creates stereotypes, and the problem with stereotypes is not that they are untrue but that they are incomplete. They make one story become the only story -- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Hooty1320082932.79719135 PostsRegistered 9/4/2006~War Eagle Country~

I don't find her voice annoying, but definitely high-pitched! I understand she is from Alabama, but not sure what part of the state, but I don't have a voice like that, LOL!

molisa1320083106.0431196 PostsRegistered 8/25/2010Missouri
On 10/31/2011 AnneMc said:

millieshops, I bet you're going to love your new mixer! I kept going back & forth on getting one and my husband finally picked up the phone to order it for me when he caught me tuning in at 11pm to take one more look. The Cinnamon Gloss I'd been eyeing had just sold out. I see through this thread that at least a couple are going to excited recepients. I ended up getting the Black, and I'm quite pleased with that.

Back to topic - Since I tuned into several presentations throughout the day I agree that by the late night shows the poor rep's voice did come off a bit more shrill than usual. I'm guessing she was getting very raspy from talking nearly 24 hrs. and was "pushing" her voice at the end.

I like her as a vendor because she knows her products and seems more interested in imparting info on items she's selling than others who might be more telegenic but appear more focused on being cute and entertaining.

I think the black will be beautiful! I purchase from the Q quite often but am really excited about this purchase! Enjoy yours!

purrmom1320083479.693400 PostsRegistered 5/27/2010Mid-MO

We are all blessed with the voice God gave us.

ford12241320083492.1273586 PostsRegistered 6/7/2010
On 10/31/2011 suzyQ3 said:

You're really barking up the wrong tree here. Ford is a very considerate and intelligent poster. IMO, your slam is unwarranted.

Thanks for those kind words, SuzyQ. I enjoy debate and usually see the other side quite readily. I try not to personally attack anyone, and don't usually respond to personal attacks on me, I let them go. You disagreed with me about this topic and I responded to you as I did. I imagine if we were face to face with this disagreement (on a rather silly topic when you think of it) we would be laughing together at the end. Debate never has to get nasty.

luvmypupz1320083577.9674991 PostsRegistered 8/30/2010By the Sea Shore

I ordered one for my DIL for Christmas, she wanted the tangerine. I didn't find the reps voice irritating at all.

"I confronted the fact that I was not only talking to a dog, but answering for one." - Claire Cook, Must Love Dogs

Krimpette1320083862.83310206 PostsRegistered 9/7/2007MidAtlantic

(I'm sorry, but it just pains me to hear someone criticized for something they can't help.)

I've watched many of her presentations and really hadn't noticed much beyond her thorough explanations of the products she's presenting. As someone else mentioned, she's been representing KA for years now.

Jo-Anna1320089045.40324 PostsRegistered 10/14/2006

ford1224 :) I have never had a problem with constructive critisism. In fact I welcome it. But critizing someone for something they can't change is just petty in my opinion. I am sure you're a nice gal and we'd have a laugh. I hope you understand my point of view. You expressed yours, thanks for letting me express mine. Have a wonderful day! And again Happy Holidays to you and yours {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

annabellet­hecat1320090044.0614506 PostsRegistered 9/23/2006
I think she seems sweet. I worry about her though. It just seems like they work her to death. She does all presentations. She has to mix and grind over and over.

annabellet­hecat1320090121.3414506 PostsRegistered 9/23/2006
Jo Anna you said in a few good chosen words that took me too long to say. Well said.

PamelaSue721320090347.147589 PostsRegistered 9/22/2011

I just thought she sounded a little "breathy", like she was out of breath from talking so much and trying to work with the mixers. But she didn't seem overly irritating.

k9buddy1320090516.8231408 PostsRegistered 11/12/2007
Ford, I LOL'd when I saw the thread. I wanted to watch the show last night but had to change the channel as her voice was driving me CRAZY!!

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next