Labor Day Weekend Clearance
154 Members and 11651 Guests Online

Kitchen & Food Talk

Wolfgang Puck Commercial Blender $59 with Free Shipping

Started 1311812271.03 in Kitchen & Food Talk | Last reply 1313001234.873 by cookin_guy

I purchased this Wolfgang Puck 1.6hp commercial blender when it was HSN's today special the first part of June. I commented here how much I enjoy using this powerful and well built blender. It truly is heavy duty and works well with smoothies, ice, and even makes hot soups.

I purchased it for $149 and thought that was a pretty good bargain for what I got. The price is now $179 on the HSN website here. You can also read the reviews.

http://kitchen-dining.hsn.com/wolfgang-puck-commercially-rated-1-6-hp-power-blender_p-6332505_xp.aspx?webm_id=0&web_id=6332505&sf=qc&attr=181&ocm=qc|181&prev=hp!181&ccm=qc|181

I was shopping on eBay and found this blender NEW from a seller that sells a lot of WP products (mostly manufacturer refurbished). I've purchased items from him before and they are always like new. He also accepts returns if you are not satisfied with your purchase.

Now, this seller is offering this blender for $59 (shipped free) and listed as "new overstock from HSN." I purchased one in White thinking if it was even a refurbished one, for this price I would still be pleased.

I got it today and it is brand new! Shipped in the original HSN box. Truly a great deal (if you're in the market for a product like this).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110710097529&var=410031191319&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

AJ

Page 1 of 1
lacey11311877266.1972343 PostsRegistered 6/5/2009

That's a REALLY good deal. You should post it on the HSN Kitchen forum. Thanks! Post more good deals like that!

CLEM1311895340.78312522 PostsRegistered 9/1/2008PA

A few years ago I got one of his blenders for about $70 +, but it didn't last a year. I now have had a WaringPro for about 5 years and it's a dream.

Missey11311895519.2733174 PostsRegistered 12/21/2008Sierra Foothills CA

I just saw a review of several blenders and his blender came in at the bottom of the list for everything. Of course it may have been a different model.

Thingamajig1311937283.0771960 PostsRegistered 7/13/2006

ajmrn30........Thank you for posting this information. I've been looking for a new blender, and this sure does sound like a good deal!

Missey1........Can you tell me where you saw that review. I'm interested in this blender, and would like to see if it's the same model? TIA

iQue1311943466.81171 PostsRegistered 3/21/2010

I have several WP products and have ben pleased with them. However, I was not pleased with this blender. It stopped working after 45 days and I read several reviews on the other shopping network page that that has been typical that after 45 - 60 days it does not work. I would go with another brand...just not sure which one but definitely not this product. JMHO

Texasgalin­FL1311945313.29792 PostsRegistered 4/26/2010

I googled "wolfgang puck 1.6 horsepower blender" and these are "refurbished". Phooey. I sure would have liked to have had one at that price. FWIW, I have WP blender for 8-9 yrs. that I dearly love. I bought it when it was his first blender TS. I am always on the lookout for one at a good price in case something happens to this one. Thanks for posting, anyway.

Missey11311955511.5233174 PostsRegistered 12/21/2008Sierra Foothills CA

I certainly apologize as I cannot remember. However, I suspect it was one of my news channels and I will give you the site: www.fox40.com or www.kcratv.com. I was unsuccessful when I tried to find it. But you may like to try. Other that those two places just cannot remember. But it was definitely his blender and if it helps the one they used was red LOL.

cookin_guy1311972974.49178 PostsRegistered 4/2/2008

At this price I'll try it against my "torpedo" from shopnbc. The torpedo has been good for me except the outer piece of the container's handle broke off (cheap plastic clips)

Given the HSN online reviews talking about a short lifespan, (select view by lowest rating) I'd suggest one test it out well before your 30day money back period expires and don't throw out a good working blender until you're sure its proven its longetivity. Apparently there's been some lemons.

It looks like it was a syndicated consumer report story that rated another WP model (the BBLFP050 blender/food processor, not this 1.6hp BCBB0020 ) as "worst" at blending.

The ebay seller appears to have both "refurbished" and "new overstock" for the 1.6hp blender in white red and black. I've also had good experience with products from this vendor (WP mini rice cooker, technique 6.2qt digital pressure cooker).

Last edited on 7/29/2011

Last edited on 7/29/2011

ajmrn301311988354.36138 PostsRegistered 10/31/2010
On 7/29/2011 cookin_guy said:

At this price I'll try it against my "torpedo" from shopnbc. The torpedo has been good for me except the outer piece of the container's handle broke off (cheap plastic clips)

Given the HSN online reviews talking about a short lifespan, (select view by lowest rating) I'd suggest one test it out well before your 30day money back period expires and don't throw out a good working blender until you're sure its proven its longetivity. Apparently there's been some lemons.

It looks like it was a syndicated consumer report story that rated another WP model (the BBLFP050 blender/food processor, not this 1.6hp BCBB0020 ) as "worst" at blending.

The ebay seller appears to have both "refurbished" and "new overstock" for the 1.6hp blender in white red and black. I've also had good experience with products from this vendor (WP mini rice cooker, technique 6.2qt digital pressure cooker).

Last edited on 7/29/2011

Thanks for your input Cookin_Guy.

I really enjoy mine and realize that an electronic item (any brand) is subject having a few in the bunch that do not do as well or last as long as the majority do. I was so impressed with the weight, speed, and overall ability of this blender that I purchased a second one for a gift. At this price, you can't get a NON-Commercial rated blender so I thought it was quite a bargain.

This was just released in June so I was very doubtful that Consumer Reports had done a review of this item. But, I didn't want to seem like I was trying to promote this eBay seller or trying to persuade anyone to purchase something just because I like it. That's why I didn't chime in more often.

I think you'll like this item once you get it in hand and use it. The weight of the pitcher, metal gears, and functionality of this blender (ability to make hot soup, etc.) are just a few of the features that appeal to me.

AJ

cookin_guy1313001234.81178 PostsRegistered 4/2/2008

I receceived the WP commercial type blender and it looked new and worked fine for my quicky tests. It could heat tomato soup made from condensed with room temperature water in 6 minutes continuously to around 155-160 degrees. (The torpedo makes you restart 6 times due to its limited 1 minute timer.) It could chop up berry seeds from frozen mixed berries as well as my "shopnbc torpedo" in a smoothie. They're still not completely pulverized into nothingness, but they're not left whole like the ninja, did either.

But...

While making one of those smoothies, the frozen fruit and liquid refroze into a larger solid mass which caused the blender trouble (using pulse mode at the time) and to emit some electical burning smoke smell. I looked for a resettable breaker like is found on the "torpedo" and the brand name commercial blender and found none were there. This is an important (in my opinion) feature missing, because if anything binds the blade (like my frozen fruit mixture, or maybe ice cubes and liquid) for even a second, all the 1.6 horsepower has to be dissipated somewhere, either in the motor itself or in the drive and speed control electronics. I think that's one place I guess they skimped so something started overheating. Nobody wants an appliance that smells like its burning up in their kitchen.

The WP blender survived the short pulse and still worked afterwards, but if I had just set it to high and walked away, I'm not sure it would have lived. The square shape of the jar makes it more likely to happen than the rounder one of the torpedo where the mixture could continue spinning around without the obstruction of a squared corner full of frozen fruit.

I've popped the breaker on the torpedo before, and I've seen notes of people doing similarly with other power blenders. Its easy not to realize that anything frozen plus a little liquid seeped between the pieces can refreeze into a larger hunk of solid hard material which might bind the blades. (Readjusting the jar mixture and restarting normally fixes things when that happens.)

So, I can't recommend the WP 1.6HP blender, maybe they'll redesign it or another vendor will get it right.

Last edited on 8/10/2011

Last edited on 8/10/2011

Page 1 of 1