Weekend Preview
164 Members and 10512 Guests Online

Kitchen & Food Talk

Which ONE would you rather have KitchenAid food processor or Ninja?

Started 1307934961.13 in Kitchen & Food Talk | Last reply 1312775103.813 by annabellethecat

?

Buzzards fly in packs. Eagles soar alone.

Pray for the USA.

"Let's roll." ~ Todd Beamer, 9/11/01.

Page 1 of 2
septemberb­aby1307935504.6675 PostsRegistered 3/22/2011

Please weigh in on this question. I want to know what others think also.

kiddo1307935799.2810263 PostsRegistered 12/6/2006

Considering that both the Kitchen Aid food processor and the Ninja are offered in a variety of models, it seems to me that first we'd need to know what tasks, exactly, you need a machine such as those.

Would need to factor in the price of the machine --

and the expected lifetime before that machine will fail (look at the manufacturer warranty period for the deadline AFTER which the machine is most likely to fail)

and the frequency of use -- which with the price of the machine during ITS expected lifetime yields the cost per use.

Last edited on 6/12/2011

Last edited on 6/12/2011

Be kind; Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
----
Invite Jesus to POSSESS your heart. (And your mind, your thoughts, your actions, your words, your dreams, your plans.)

Maggie Nol­ia1307936380.49314669 PostsRegistered 1/30/2006
On 6/12/2011 scriba said:

Considering that both the Kitchen Aid food processor and the Ninja are offered in a variety of models, it seems to me that first we'd need to know what tasks, exactly, you need a machine such as those.

and the expected lifetime before that machine will fail (look at the manufacturer warranty period for the deadline AFTER which the machine is most likely to fail)

and the frequency of use -- which with the price of the machine during ITS expected lifetime yields the cost per use.

Last edited on 6/12/2011

The question is which one would YOU rather have.

Pray for the USA.

annabellet­hecat1307936498.69314424 PostsRegistered 9/23/2006
Actually, I'm embarrassed to say I own 2 big kitchen aid thingys in red, 1 black ninja and I have here a yellow ninja I just bought my daughter. I have 1 small kitchen aid thingys in red. Let's not forget the Wolfgang Puck stuff. All.that and I don't cook.

kiddo1307936533.09710263 PostsRegistered 12/6/2006
On 6/12/2011 Maggie Nolia said:
On 6/12/2011 scriba said:

Last edited on 6/12/2011

The question is which one would YOU rather have.

Yeah. I know.

My answer for which one *I* would rather have -- I don't know. I'd have to research what particular tasks for which I'd need either one of those.

Then, I'd need to research WHICH of the models of both KA and Ninja have those features.

Then, I'd need to research expected life of each of them.

And look at the price as well as how many times I was estimating I'd be using them over the same period of time.

Oh. Wait. I'd need to research whatever comments on THAT particular model of KA and of THAT particular model of Ninja are available for me to read. After all, I'd want to know what other peoples' experience is with them both.

HTH.

In other words, I can't tell you which brand, in general, I would consider to be most appropriate for however *I*'d be using it until I'd researched those criteria.

Last edited on 6/12/2011

Last edited on 6/12/2011

----
Invite Jesus to POSSESS your heart. (And your mind, your thoughts, your actions, your words, your dreams, your plans.)

Maggie Nol­ia1307936871.8514669 PostsRegistered 1/30/2006
On 6/12/2011 annabellethecat said: Actually, I'm embarrassed to say I own 2 big kitchen aid thingys in red, 1 black ninja and I have here a yellow ninja I just bought my daughter. I have 1 small kitchen aid thingys in red. Let's not forget the Wolfgang Puck stuff. All.that and I don't cook.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Pray for the USA.

kiddo1307936966.57710263 PostsRegistered 12/6/2006
On 6/12/2011 annabellethecat said: Actually, I'm embarrassed to say I own 2 big kitchen aid thingys in red, 1 black ninja and I have here a yellow ninja I just bought my daughter. I have 1 small kitchen aid thingys in red. Let's not forget the Wolfgang Puck stuff. All.that and I don't cook.

I've got the 9-speed KA hand-held mixer.

And the KA 3-cup twirly-cutting thing that you plug in the wall.

I barely use either one. They work just fine. I just don't really have a huge need for either.

I've got a WP (super-dooper and very strong) food processor that the blades store in a drawer underneath it. Haven't used it yet. Don't need it but I'm glad I have it. It's a customer pick all the time. It's one of the few WP electrical things that actually consistently do the job well.

I've got the 7-cup WP rice cooker. It works great, too.

But KA food processor? Nope. Don't have that one. I need to use my WP one since I have it, already.

Ninja -- I dunno. I don't think I need it. I think my WP food processor yields the same results as any Ninja. If I can't do what I need to do with my WP food processor or anything else I have, I might consider getting a Ninja. But not one that has a small bowl.

----

Boomerjo1307937175.6931445 PostsRegistered 11/29/2004Indiana

Well at least your kitchen looks as though you do. Way to go Betty Crocker. lol {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Greenner1307938080.367303 PostsRegistered 11/17/2008

Probably the ninja. I don't use a machine to chop food, except if I need to do it fine and then I can use my KA mini chopper (easier to clean then a food processor or ninja). With the ninja I think there is a bread "blade", so if I can make drinks, pie crust, bread, etc. with the ninja I would take that. Then again, I think the food processor would work better for mixing dough then the ninja. I have a ninja and I don't like the way the blades have to come apart to clean. It seems dangerous. I'm not that impressed with it because I don't like the heavy power top you need to put on and off. I like the new model better that looks more like a blender. Does the food processor make pasta? Guess I'm not much help, but the food processor seems big to store.

fanyankee1307955376.253197 PostsRegistered 10/12/2009Central area of Alabama

Annabelle, you and Boomerjo made me laugh!! I needed that thank you. I'm kinda like Annabelle, I have the KA blender, food processor, mini chopper, toaster. I use to have the KA stand mixer but threw it out (was leaking oil). I now have the 7qt Cuisinart stand mixer. And yes I do cook (not well but I try). Thanks again for the chuckle !!!{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}Smile

waving at everyone!

Beebo1307966185.7376959 PostsRegistered 4/13/2010

I own a large KA food processor, a small KA food processor (3 c), and a Ninja. I probably use the small food processor the most because that is what sits out on my counter. I use it mostly for chopping onions, green peppers, carrots for meat loaf and such. There seems to be things that both the Ninja and the food processors do and things that are particular to one or the other. If you want to do pie dough, I think only the large food processor will do that. The Ninja does frozen drinks, ice cream, sorbets, smoothies and I don't think the food processor does. I would say that I use the large food processor the least and I think the things I use the snall food processor for, I could probably use the Ninja for. Probably the reason that I use the small food processor more than the Ninja is only because I had it first, so I got used to it, and also it is what is out on my counter. I should also add that I have the Chris Freitag smoothie maker that I use everyday for smoothies. If I didn't have that, I would probably use the Ninja more than I do.

lacey11307966586.312350 PostsRegistered 6/5/2009

I have the KA food processer and the 1100 ninja. I use the ninja almost every day to make a smoothie. The FP I use for certain jobs like making Hummus, bread crumbs, and pasta dough. I like having them both because they're not really interchangeable.

Idacat1307969328.7634707 PostsRegistered 7/26/2005Idaho !!!!

The food processor.

You cannot SLICE or shred cheese with the Ninja.

And, it took me years of things I hated, including the little Kitchenaid chopper to find a chopper I liked that didn't leave me with a pile of mush and that's the cheapie CE K31651, love it !!!

Although I do like and use that CE chopper I have come to realize that I sort of like chopping with a knife and cutting board.

GOLDEN KAR­EN1307969761.3532288 PostsRegistered 10/25/2007

I replaced my Kitchen Aid Food Processor with a Cuisinart. I had leakage problems with the Kitchen Aid & a few others so I replaced with a Cuisinart. I also own the Ninja Blender System which I love. I'm sorry - I don't care what they say the Ninja (in any form) does not replace a food processor. You can slice & do a lot of other things a blender system won't due so I just prefer to have both. I do have a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer & love it, I just didn't care fof their food processor.

GMF1307969945.689 PostsRegistered 8/2/2008

THE NINJI, CHEAPER AND WORKS BETTER

Beebo1307971163.5476959 PostsRegistered 4/13/2010
On 6/13/2011 GOLDEN KAREN said:

I replaced my Kitchen Aid Food Processor with a Cuisinart. I had leakage problems with the Kitchen Aid & a few others so I replaced with a Cuisinart. I also own the Ninja Blender System which I love. I'm sorry - I don't care what they say the Ninja (in any form) does not replace a food processor. You can slice & do a lot of other things a blender system won't due so I just prefer to have both. I do have a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer & love it, I just didn't care fof their food processor.

I forgot about using the food processor for slicing things. It really boils down to what you want to do with the appliance.

camochef1307971457.587582 PostsRegistered 3/28/2010Gettysburg, Pa.

I love my Kitchen-aid 12 cup food processor and my Kitchen-aid 6 qt stand mixer with its many attachments but my ninja pro actually saved my life!

Last summer was so hot and humid and dry, that I had to water my gardens almost daily just to keep them alive. If it wasn't for the ninja, and the many snow-cones and smoothies that I made daily I wouldn't have survived.

But you just can't slice a lot of veggies with the ninja, or make tasty potato pancakes with it. Like Idacat, I prefer using a good knife and cutting board for many prep chores, but there are times that kitchen aid just saves hours!

I think you need them all as they really do different tasks.

Camo

Kathleen1307971497.74313145 PostsRegistered 8/7/2006East Side, West Side, All Around The Town ... London Bridge is Falling Down

I have both.

septemberb­aby1307971609.9635 PostsRegistered 3/22/2011

Thanks for all the input. I want to make coffee drinks and ice cream mostly, and that's why I bought the Ninja. (Haven't done it yet though.) There were many configurations of the Ninja available. I got confused by them. Finally broke down and bought the entire "Kitchen System." Hope I have everything covered this way. Does anyone have this model?

Any tips for making the (low-fat) ice cream in the Ninja?

septemberb­aby1307971611.3135 PostsRegistered 3/22/2011

Thanks for all the input. I want to make coffee drinks and ice cream mostly, and that's why I bought the Ninja. (Haven't done it yet though.) There were many configurations of the Ninja available. I got confused by them. Finally broke down and bought the entire "Kitchen System." Hope I have everything covered this way. Does anyone have this model?

Any tips for making the (low-fat) ice cream in the Ninja?

clista1307975725.831099 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Kitchen Aide anything is better than any other brand. I hace a hand mixer, stand mixer, and a chopper.

gloriajean1307976216.09312266 PostsRegistered 12/31/2006MN

I don't know anything about the Ninja but I just love my KA food processor. I slice my cucumbers for salads in it, nice thin slices, I shred my potatoes for hash brown in it, works perfectly and wow! So fast!! I used to use that hand thingy for shredding, and always got some scrapes on my hands, so this I love, I shred carrots in there for salads too.

It's also great for chopping onions, celery, and chicken for making chicken salad. I use mine alot! I cook all the time!

Today I'm making bread.

Your life is God's gift to you
The way you live it is your gift to God

“Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.”

― Mother Teresa

Alexa63521307976257.34541 PostsRegistered 7/18/2006

I've had a food processor for over 30yrs. I had a Cuisinart for 30 yrs and I just recently repalced it with the Kitchenaid. Itwasn't broken, I just wanted a new one and my Kitchenaid has 3 bowls. I use my Kitchenaid to do most anything. I recently bought the Ninja TSV, solely to mix Protien shakes. I figure for $29.00 it was worth it. If it does other things, it's a Bonus! I

haddon91307978167.956153 PostsRegistered 10/18/2005Bucks County, Pa

While the KA food processor looks really nice and I'm sure is wonderful for those who like to cook, I prefer the Ninja. I have one and use it a lot for smoothies, salsa, guacamole & frozen fruit ice cream. I plan on making some frozen cocktails this summer with it too!

Sooner1307978894.87715184 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I have the big 16-cup Cuisinart food processor with three bowls. It is my third Cuisinart since the 1970s. I could not be without it and I'm VERY good with a chef's knife. But I use the processor to chop nuts, chop and slice veggies, make hamburger in a hurry, mix pie dough and pizza dough, and do all sorts of things. I never used one of those little choppers, but I use the small bowl in this one all the time, because it circulates the food and it gets so evenly chopped and mixed.

I have a Vitamix and for us it is worthwhile becaue we are on the go a lot and get fruits and veggies and dairy through smoothies and ices and such. Love it. Can't speak to Ninja, but it would never replace or displace my Cuisinart!

Page 1 of 2