Guaranteed Delivery
103 Members and 18985 Guests Online

Kitchen & Food Talk

HSN TSV - Wolfgang Puck 6 pc. knife set

Started 1291502137.28 in Kitchen & Food Talk | Last reply 1291652521.533 by Daysdee

I really wanted this WP set, because I've been looking for some good kitchen shears and a chef's knife for a long time. Well, after watching the presentations a few times, I thought I'd go for it, because the price seemed quite reasonable. I began wavering because of the S&H and then decided not to order it.

I then went to Ebay and found the exact same knife set being offered today on HSN and did ordered it with "buy it now" for $29.99 with FREE shipping. I was also able to get it in blue, which will match my kitchen. HSN has green, black, red, orange and white. Ebay has red, black and blue. Anyway, I'm really happy I saved the cost of S&H, because every penny counts, especially this close to Christmas.

If anyone else likes this Wolfgang Puck knife set, check out Ebay first. You may save yourself some money and your purchase is protected if you use Paypal.

Mend and Make Do.

Page 1 of 1
Idacat1291507640.2074707 PostsRegistered 7/26/2005Idaho !!!!

You'll love it. I have 2 sets of WP knives, they compare well to my Henckels and Wustofs at twenty times the price.

But, I'd be willing to bet you didn't get this set, I bet you got the last small set, that I have, which is a little different.

Idacat1291508495.964707 PostsRegistered 7/26/2005Idaho !!!!

NEW Wolfgang Puck 6 PC Cutlery Knife Set w/Block BLUE

11061026122

onlineauctionsltd

98.9 positive feedback (I don't personally buy if below 99%)

BIN $29.99 free shipping

This is not the current TS, it is an older 6 piece set which I have and love.

It has shears, 7 inch chef's, scalloped sandwich knife, paring knife, 5 inch utility, and block. It does not have the vegetable knife or the serrated knife.

I'm sure you will love it, but, it is NOT the TS.

I'm still debating the TS just for the serrated knife and the vegetable knife.

ETA-did you know HSN takes PayPal?

Last edited on 12/4/2010

Last edited on 12/4/2010

4uthebest1291550532.6373527 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009
On 12/4/2010 Idacat said:

I'm still debating the TS just for the serrated knife and the vegetable knife.

I chose the set for the same two knives and the added 1 yr subscription to the mag is a nice bonus.

gone count­ry1291558844.823333 PostsRegistered 10/27/2010Midwest USA
On 12/4/2010 Idacat said:

NEW Wolfgang Puck 6 PC Cutlery Knife Set w/Block BLUE

11061026122

onlineauctionsltd

98.9 positive feedback (I don't personally buy if below 99%)

BIN $29.99 free shipping

This is not the current TS, it is an older 6 piece set which I have and love.

It has shears, 7 inch chef's, scalloped sandwich knife, paring knife, 5 inch utility, and block. It does not have the vegetable knife or the serrated knife.

I'm sure you will love it, but, it is NOT the TS.

I'm still debating the TS just for the serrated knife and the vegetable knife.

ETA-did you know HSN takes PayPal?

Last edited on 12/4/2010

I know it's not the exact one that was offered as the TSV on HSN yesterday, but I know it'll be comparable in value. I also like the blue color. My hubby and I were comparing the two last night and could see there was a difference. We liked the one I ordered better because it didn't have the metal attached to the wooden holder.

I've got a WP stand mixer and WP stainless steel cookware and have not been disappointed, so I'm sure I'll be pleased with the knife set, too.

Regarding the magazine, I didn't want it as I'm on magazine overload now. Never have time to read them all. I can also get a subscription for $5 if I wanted one.

Mend and Make Do.

Idacat1291565890.8874707 PostsRegistered 7/26/2005Idaho !!!!
On 12/5/2010 4uthebest said:
On 12/4/2010 Idacat said: <table class="vi-is1"> <tbody> <tr> <td>
<p class="vi-is1-titleH1">I'm still debating the TS just for the serrated knife and the vegetable knife.

</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

I chose the set for the same two knives and the added 1 yr subscription to the mag is a nice bonus.

How funny.

You know what they say about great minds ;)

For once in my life I managed to resist, but I was fighting this impulse to the very end,,,,11:59PM.

Idacat1291566345.2074707 PostsRegistered 7/26/2005Idaho !!!!
On 12/5/2010 gone country said:

I know it's not the exact one that was offered as the TSV on HSN yesterday, but I know it'll be comparable in value. I also like the blue color. My hubby and I were comparing the two last night and could see there was a difference. We liked the one I ordered better because it didn't have the metal attached to the wooden holder.

I've got a WP stand mixer and WP stainless steel cookware and have not been disappointed, so I'm sure I'll be pleased with the knife set, too.

Well, like I said, I have this set (and another several years old, larger but black handles, relegated to the knife drawer but still used) and I love it.

At the time I bought it I bought it for the paring knife, shears, scalloped sandwich knife, and red color, which matches my kitchen. The 5 inch utility has annoying grooves, I don't use it very much.

I couldn't care less about the magazine either.

Because I have those really good "big bucks" knives and have compared them head to head with the WP knives, I can honestly say that I have NO CLUE how WP sells knives of this quality for the price.

If you don't have one, pick up a little pull through sharpener and keep them sharp rather than letting them get dull and having to have them professionally sharpened.

Last edited on 12/5/2010

Last edited on 12/5/2010

cody21291566835.1436410 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I ordered his set of three santuko (sp) knives with the bread board a few years ago and absolutely love them. We have a set of Heinkles but these are the three knives that we always use. So I jumped on this new set. Got three sets. One for us and one for my son and daughter for Christmas gifts. At $29.95 you can't lose.

QVC old-ti­mer1291643582.297244 PostsRegistered 7/31/2007

Idacat: Totally agree with you on the quality of Puck's knives. Gave away all my Henckles except the cleaver - they just don't stay sharp. I have 2 Puck sets and also debated until the last minute on the TS and passed on it. I have a huge, filled knife block and a slightly smaller one. I can open a store LOL.

SweetWood ­Max1291643692.63312239 PostsRegistered 9/7/2010

I'm thinking of this set, you can't lose

Also known as Maxs-Grandma!


Laundry is the only thing that should be separated by color

Girlo1291643794.6072949 PostsRegistered 1/20/2007

About 5 years ago I bought a ss block set of Wolfies knives....They are so sharp! A friend who is a chef commented on how wonderful they are as well..... I too have wustoff but they do get dull fast....I like my ceramic knives as well by kamachi (spelling).

We are all mortal till the first kiss and the second glass of wine.

gone count­ry1291644101.593333 PostsRegistered 10/27/2010Midwest USA
On 12/5/2010 Idacat said:
On 12/5/2010 gone country said:

I know it's not the exact one that was offered as the TSV on HSN yesterday, but I know it'll be comparable in value. I also like the blue color. My hubby and I were comparing the two last night and could see there was a difference. We liked the one I ordered better because it didn't have the metal attached to the wooden holder.

I've got a WP stand mixer and WP stainless steel cookware and have not been disappointed, so I'm sure I'll be pleased with the knife set, too.

Well, like I said, I have this set (and another several years old, larger but black handles, relegated to the knife drawer but still used) and I love it.

At the time I bought it I bought it for the paring knife, shears, scalloped sandwich knife, and red color, which matches my kitchen. The 5 inch utility has annoying grooves, I don't use it very much.

I couldn't care less about the magazine either.

Because I have those really good "big bucks" knives and have compared them head to head with the WP knives, I can honestly say that I have NO CLUE how WP sells knives of this quality for the price.

If you don't have one, pick up a little pull through sharpener and keep them sharp rather than letting them get dull and having to have them professionally sharpened.

Last edited on 12/5/2010

Aren't the grooves supposed to help keep food from sticking to the knife, like when you're cutting block cheese? I saw a demo on the Q and they were using a knife with the side grooves and explained it was for that reason.

Mend and Make Do.

avey1291644743.6671202 PostsRegistered 2/22/2010TN

Thanks for the ebay tip.

Avey

Idacat1291649192.414707 PostsRegistered 7/26/2005Idaho !!!!
On 12/6/2010 gone country said:

Aren't the grooves supposed to help keep food from sticking to the knife, like when you're cutting block cheese? I saw a demo on the Q and they were using a knife with the side grooves and explained it was for that reason.

The Q doesn't have a knife like the one I'm referring to. I think you mean a Santoku, they are great but don't really work well on block cheese (I use a wire cheese cutter). But that is not what I am talking about.

You'll see what I mean when you get your knives, the 5 inch has long grooves, thin and deep parallel to the edge. It's supposed to keep things from sticking also. I pretty much don't use that knife but grab the 7 inch chef's knife for most uses; not because there is anything wrong with the knive, it just isn't the most useful size, IMO.

Daysdee1291652521.53319227 PostsRegistered 1/23/2007

If I had seen the white, I would have ordered.

Page 1 of 1