TSV(R) Preview
137 Members and 10671 Guests Online

Kitchen & Food Talk

*~*~*FYI: Keurig recall on noisy models*~*~*

Started 1290892568.04 in Kitchen & Food Talk | Last reply 1291438078.777 by cookiegal

Was at BBB (Bed Bath and Beyond) this past week and a man was returning a large Keurig unit that he said he had in his home for over 18 months and had just learned that they were recalled because the model he owned was VERY noisy and customers back when he purchased didn't know they should not be that way when using...

No slip, no box and still wet from that mornings coffee & the manager of BBB handed him a brand new Keurig...

I asked if he would recommend for a small household and he said ABSOLUTELY!

***Is this a known recall? Strictly thru BBB? I don't know. But thought those of you who have a unit that is noisy should know that somehow Keurig has recalled those model(s).

I hope this info helps those that have suffered with a noisy Keurig... thinking of getting one for myself...

If questioning this recall I would suggest calling your local BBB.

HTH,

~Star826*

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know PEACE" ~ Jimi Hendrix

A helpful decision maker: Ask yourself, "What would Cher do?"

Page 1 of 1
icuryy1290892668.907533 PostsRegistered 6/15/2010

I believe QVC bought these models and they are your TSV for Sunday!!..{#emotions_dlg.lol}

star8261290894109.7612387 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Coastal Ripkaland bordering Bixbyville and Dawkinstown

Not sure what model they are selling as the TSV but it is an older model that's recalled.

Hope anyone that already owns a noisy Keurig gets to see this info...

IC~ Hope you're wrong... But you never know where the Q gets their goods...

If it's noisy, you now know it should not be.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know PEACE" ~ Jimi Hendrix

cookiegal1290894311.78598 PostsRegistered 2/6/2007

That's interesting--we purchased a Keurig almost two years ago from QVC (a TSV) and we've never had a problem with it----but it is quite noisy!!!!!!! I guess I better look into this!!

AnikaBrodie1290894494.68315086 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008The NE state of mountains and valleys

I purchased the Keurig Platinum model in January 2010 and it is so quiet. I can't imagine why others are so noisy. I love my Keurig.

~~~The Silver Fox ~~~
“... We don't meet people by accident. They are meant to cross our path for a reason..." (Anonymous)

star8261290900085.81312387 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Coastal Ripkaland bordering Bixbyville and Dawkinstown
On 11/27/2010 cookiegal said:

That's interesting--we purchased a Keurig almost two years ago from QVC (a TSV) and we've never had a problem with it----but it is quite noisy!!!!!!! I guess I better look into this!!

This was surprising when the man was exchanging. He said it was the 1st one purchasedf for his family and they thought that's how it was supposed to be...

Guess not...

Check with a BBB store, maybe they will give you the model # that's recalled... It was still in stock in order for them to hand this man a new, sealed in box Keurig...

I was impressed that they were recalled and BBB took the item back after 18 months of use...

ETA: Just contacted the local BBB in my area and the answer is models B60 and B70 and a cuisinart single brew model made by same co. have had "pump" malfunctions. Along with the fact that many of the older models were noisier than should have been. It's not a Keurig company recall per se but Keurig made BBB aware and they happily are exchanging for new units same models.

HTH all the Keurig lovers out there... Enjoy!

Last edited on 11/27/2010

Last edited on 11/27/2010

cookiegal1290910799.04598 PostsRegistered 2/6/2007

Star826, thanks so much for checking it out for us!!! I had looked at BBBs website and didn't see anything so I sent their customer service an email. I don't know if they'll respond. Thanks for calling them and finding out the model numbers. I'm going to check it out right now and see which model we have. This is our first keurig as well so we always assumed that's how loud it should be--actually, sometimes when we use it, it's louder than at other times. Strange. But other than that, we've never had any problems with it. I'll go check now.....Thanks again!!!

cookiegal1290911161.53598 PostsRegistered 2/6/2007

I just checked--ours is model B66. When you say "B60" I wonder if its the B60 series or just B60. We're going to check it out tomorrow. We had planned to do some Christmas shopping and going to BBB anyway!!!

bourgs41290911549.84232 PostsRegistered 3/17/2009

I HAD the same keurig as the upcomming tsv I bought from my local Bjs. I also exchanged it after 3 months because it just stopped brewing. They took it back and told me they no longer carry that model because too many people returned it. I chose the B60 instead. So far so good and that was 5 months ago.

bajsf1291320557.603226 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007

What? I just checked my brewer and its a B60 purchased from BBB about a year ago. So what's going on? It can be exchanged for another one? It is very noisy, but thought it was the way it worked. Also been having water issues with it, and called Keurig today, and was not satisfied with them. Made me do the same thing that I;ve done before, descale, clean the needles and reset the coffee size. I may just have to march into BBB, I do have my receipt,(I think) and see what happens. Do you have any more info on it? thanks

paShar1291320902.7071862 PostsRegistered 1/14/2006Western Pennsylvania

Is it just models purchased at BBB? Why would they be exchanging models purchased elsewhere?

Shar

Gabby651291322880.333710 PostsRegistered 1/27/2008

Very interesting. Ours is a B60 purchased 3 years ago. Not from QVC. It's alway's been somewhat noisy but not obnoxious. I'm afraid of exchanging it since I've never had a minutes trouble with it and the way things are these days I'd be afraid of getting something that wasn't made as well. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

BAGGIRL1291331483.073955 PostsRegistered 3/9/2010Massachusetts

Someone had told me that Bed Bath and Beyond had stopped selling some Keurig models a few months back because so many customers were returning them.

Keurig never recalled any models. If you have read any of my previous posts, you know what I went through. IMO They should have recalled some models ( I had problems with 2 different ones) but, they just kept replacing them until customers were lucky enough to get one that worked properly !

I can't complain too much though, they were very good to me and they went out of their way to please .... which they should !

sal20081291349249.197182 PostsRegistered 7/2/2010

i have a B60 that I purchased from QVC over two years ago...it does make noise when I first turn it on, but other than that, has run perfectly. I thought all the older models had this noise problem.

busygirl1291378021.3472138 PostsRegistered 5/24/2007

Mine is a B66 and it is noisy. I got it from QVC about two years ago. Works great but loud. I thought that was odd for such an expensive item.

tmarie1291385891.747118 PostsRegistered 2/15/2007

i called both keurig and bbb......

keurig said that they do not have any items that have been recalled.

bbb said that they would gladly take it back and give me a new one.

so at least they are willing to take them back with no receipt or box considering the company didnt actually do a recall on the item. i hope this helps because i was wondering why keurig didnt send a recall notification to their customers if it was actually recalled.

smile.....there are no coincidences

Southern B­ee1291391824.23249 PostsRegistered 3/23/2006

Iam interested in the B70 but not sure because of the price and the mixed reviews. I would like this becuuse of the no mess and eaisy to use.The other concern that I have- spouse is very picky about his coffee brands and we have to use the decaf- with the my cup extra cleaning. This would be great for when we have company they would have different varities. I had forgot that our extra coffee pot had died and for TG had only one coffee pot and decaf coffee.Any input or suggestions appreciated. I was looking at the B70 Platinum quiet series.

cookiegal1291396185.6598 PostsRegistered 2/6/2007

Busygirl, that's the same one I have (purchased two years ago from QVC as a TSV)---and it's VERY noisy. I contacted my local BBB and they said they are not recalling any Keurigs. I also contacted Keurig via email and just got a response yesterday--they also said that there have been no recalls and that if mine is noisy, perhaps it's because of the surface it's on--saying if it's on granite/tile, etc., that could make the "sound" louder and make it vibrate more. They also said that there is some "normal" noise and vibration when in use. The CS rep said to place a mat underneath it to see if that makes it any difference. And if I still feel it's TOO noisy to contact their CS via telephone. I'm not sure what to do because I know it's louder than their other models. But at the same time, I've never had a problem with it. Maybe I should just let it be!! Smile

labodorlov­er1291397083.747318 PostsRegistered 8/20/2010Lansdale

Same thing happened to me, I purchased one for my mom last year for Xmas from BBB. And I took it back this past summer because the coffee was over flowing and wasting K-cups and I thought my mom was crazy or not using it correctly(she's electronically challenged). So we took it back and they gave us another one, and she called to tell me it's acting up again. So this time when I take it back I think I might try the Cuisinart, since it uses the K-cups too. Love the Keurig and I have one that is working just fine but I'm thinking that mine is working well, because I purchased mine before they became so popular and only paid 75 dollars for mine from BJs. Maybe they are making them to fast and not paying attention to what they are doing. Get it right Keurig! It's a really great product but if we have to return it, not so great. And I wouldn't suggest buying it from QVC because after 30days your are SOL!

labodorlov­er1291397247.553318 PostsRegistered 8/20/2010Lansdale
On 12/3/2010 tmarie said:

i called both keurig and bbb......

keurig said that they do not have any items that have been recalled.

bbb said that they would gladly take it back and give me a new one.

so at least they are willing to take them back with no receipt or box considering the company didnt actually do a recall on the item. i hope this helps because i was wondering why keurig didnt send a recall notification to their customers if it was actually recalled.

they did do a recall, I do not know why they are telling you that but when I took mine back, I was informed by the salesperson at BBB that they did have a recall out about the noise but that was not what I took mine back for.

wookie1291415266.8038343 PostsRegistered 4/30/2006

My B60 has always been super noisy, so thanks to star86, I returned it to BB&B today, and they gave me a brand new replacement. How's that for customer service?

I upgraded to the TSV because I was afraid my B60 was going to stop working, not knowing I could return it after 2 years! Thankfully, I can use the new B60 somewhere else.

Thank you so much, star86!

BAGGIRL1291420941.907955 PostsRegistered 3/9/2010Massachusetts

Some older models or should I say brewers may be noisy due to the fact that they do not have the quiet brew technology. My 1st machine which was the Breville was quite noisy ! That's just how they were made. If they are working properly, I would attribute it to that fact.

Last edited on 12/3/2010

Last edited on 12/3/2010

sunshine451291436708.41741077 PostsRegistered 1/13/2007east coast and west coast

i bought mine two years ago from qvc and it is NOISY.... even with it sitting on a pad underneath.

"When will our consciences grow so tender that we will act to prevent human misery rather than avenge it?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

cookiegal1291438078.777598 PostsRegistered 2/6/2007

Actually, I think my model (B66) was suppose to be "quiet"--not the newest technology, but still a "quiet" version. And like I said, it's loud. Very strange!!! And it's also odd that the email I received yesterday from Keurig says that there is no recall!!! So frustrating!!! But at the same time, I don't know if I would want to exchange it after hearing about some of the problems others have had with their brewers. Other than the noise, mine has been fine (knock on wood!!!)

Page 1 of 1