TSV(R) Preview
26 Members and 11949 Guests Online

Kitchen & Food Talk

Turkey Breast in Pressure Cooker???

Started 1289180790.823 in Kitchen & Food Talk | Last reply 1289323033.763 by iQue
replies

Has anyone cooked a turkey breast [2lb] in the pressure cooker? If so, could you give me some direction? Thanks!

Page 1 of 1
RedTop1289243272.6734596 PostsRegistered 9/1/2010

The recipe in my Cooks Essentials instruction guide is for Golden Turkey Breast:

salt and papper

4-5 lb. whole turkey breast, rinsed and patted dry

2 Tbsp. vegetable oil

1 cup onion thinly sliced

2 garlic cloves, crushed

1 1/2 cup carrots, peeled and thinly sliced

1 1/2 cups celery, sliced thin

1 cup chicken broth

1 cup dry white wine

2 tsp dried thyme

1 bay leaf

1 Tbsp. cornstarch

2 Tbsp. water

Liberally salt and pepper the turkey breast. Heat oil in the pressure cooker using the BROWN setting. Insert the turkey breast and brown on all sides. Remove and set aside. Add onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Brown until the onion is soft. Add broth, wine, thyme, and bay leaf, cooking for 2 minutes. Place the turkey breast back in the pressure cooker. Cover and set to high pressure. Cook for 40 minutes. Release the pressure using quick-release method. Unlock and remove lid. Carefully remove turkey and place on large plate. Cover with foil. Filter the cooking liquid. Pour it back into the pressure cooker with the cornstarch and water. Whisk until thick. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Slice the turkey. Serve with gravy.

Nightowlz1289266111.2939696 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Where do you get a 2 lb turkey breast? Is it boneless? Are you using a stovetop or digital electric pressure cooker? It will take longer in an electric pressure cooker vs the stovetop. I made an 8 lb turkey breast in ours. Cooked it for 30 mins. & that was a little too long. We cut part of the bone off the bottom before cooking so it was probably more like 6 lbs. I do recommend browning it first. Better to cook it not long enough then to overcook. You can always cook it a little longer if it's not done.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” Will Rogers

iQue1289323033.763180 PostsRegistered 3/21/2010

Thank you both for your responses. I purchase turkey breast at Whole Foods. It is probably turkey breast half. I have the WP electric pressure cooker. So I may use less time than the 30/40 mins you both mentioned----maybe more like 15 - 20mins. I will do a little testing. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1