Shoes & Handbags Offers
27 Members and 9359 Guests Online

Kitchen & Food Talk

Do any of you have to NuWave oven?

Started 1284844152.993 in Kitchen & Food Talk | Last reply 1290601425.21 by kps2005

I am thinking of buying the NuWave oven but wonder if any of you have it and if you like it. I want to get away from using my oven and it is just me in the household.

Thank you for your replies.

Page 1 of 1
jetts_mom1284844574.5672620 PostsRegistered 4/14/2010

I don't, but my sister and brother-in-law do. They absolutely love it. He actually does the cooking in it, and it's not only got him excited about cooking, he's much a much better cook now! They've had it for 1-2 years now and he talks about it constantly.

We visited over Labor Day weekend and everything he cooked in it was very good.

You were born an original - don't die a copy.

nascar fan1284844690.0471038 PostsRegistered 1/25/2005

i have one!!! i bought mine from bj's. turned down an offer for new bling ring to get it. i figured it would join all my other electic things in the garage. was plesantly surprise how often i have used it, especially this summer!!!i hadnt even turned on my new range oven that i got in july until today!! i havent had a bad experience with nuwave yet. it will take some guesswork at first till you figure out how welldone you want things. with ovenstuffer chickens start it breastside down and then halfway throught the cooking time, flip it over. that can get tricky, but is doable. mine came with the pizza pan. with frozen pizza, start it CHEESE side down, then flip using the special flipper and peel the pan off. the pan is silicone. then add your extra cheese or whatever. that way the crust gets crunchy. if you get one, let me know if i can help more. luv mine!!! nascar fan

peace-on-e­arth1284846164.623437 PostsRegistered 6/13/2005

Wow sounds good so far! Especially nascarfan that you bought a new range oven and have not used it until today! I want to cook meat, vegetables and bake small batches of cookies and other thing.

Have to go one of my friends just invited me to go out to dinner. Will check in later.

LadybugLily1284868473.03547 PostsRegistered 2/9/2008

I don't have the NuWave oven but I do have one like it from ShopNbc. The one I have is made by Sharper Image and the reason I chose this one over the NuWave is because of the glass cooking bowl. Yes the bowl is a little on the heavy side but it seems so much nicer for me. And the one I have even has a control on the dial where I add about 1-2 cups of water and a drop of dishwahing liquid to the bowl after cooking of course, and then I set the dial on wash and the fan and heat clean the bowl. Just rinse it after the clean cycle, no scrubbing. And the food taste so moist. I even make my dad biscuits from the can and they are done in 5 minutes. Wonderful product. The kitchen does stay cool!

I haven't made a turkey in it yet but this one comes with an extender ring and says that it will cook a 16lb turkey in 1.5hrs.

4uthebest1284899720.443526 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009
On 9/18/2010 LadybugLily said:

And the food taste so moist. I even make my dad biscuits from the can and they are done in 5 minutes. Wonderful product. The kitchen does stay cool!

I haven't made a turkey in it yet but this one comes with an extender ring and says that it will cook a 16lb turkey in 1.5hrs.

I have both of them having started with the NuWave 5+ years ago and now I am on my second one. I got the Flavorwave Turbo and like that as well but I use them for different reasons.... NuWave interior diameter is larger and thus I can accomodate larger cooking pans... Flavorwave gets hotter 500 vs 350 and thus I can broil better with it.

I did make our turket last year in the NuWave and the 16 lb one took a bit less than 2 hours and it was so juicy.. Will do it again this year..

About 20 years ago I had a Jet Stream Oven with 4 expander rings and I cooked a 25 lb turkey in it using a spanek roaster and it was superb,, Funny thing was I cooked it for myself and two young boys and we ate turkey the entire week they were with me but we loved it :-)

Both the NuWave and FlavorWave are very good tools and I highly recommend them. If I was to pay for another one now it would be the NuWave but I would not turn down the glass models if someone gave them to me :-)

Rae-Rae1284920952.17107 PostsRegistered 11/8/2007
On 9/18/2010 LadybugLily said:

I don't have the NuWave oven but I do have one like it from ShopNbc. The one I have is made by Sharper Image and the reason I chose this one over the NuWave is because of the glass cooking bowl. Yes the bowl is a little on the heavy side but it seems so much nicer for me. And the one I have even has a control on the dial where I add about 1-2 cups of water and a drop of dishwahing liquid to the bowl after cooking of course, and then I set the dial on wash and the fan and heat clean the bowl. Just rinse it after the clean cycle, no scrubbing. And the food taste so moist. I even make my dad biscuits from the can and they are done in 5 minutes. Wonderful product. The kitchen does stay cool!

I have this one too its called Flavorwave. I like it because of the self clean feature and love the bowl, I can use it for other things like potato salad. The only drawback with the Nuwave and Flavorwave is having to turn over the food, but its a minor drawback.

I was skeptical that it would make cruncy french fries but it did and I loved not using oil. I recommend this to anyone who is thinking about it as it cooks the food so quickly. I just turn it on and walk away at the ding I come back turn it over if needed and then walk away again. For $100 its not a bad kitchen gadget to have it is well worth the cash.

Last edited on 9/19/2010

Last edited on 9/19/2010

Mary Bailey1284925933.4677210 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004sw of Chicago

I want one!!!! I saw a small one at Menard's yesterday on sale for $40. Didn't get it, DH said no more kitchen gagets - I know he's right -lol- but still I want it....

Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.

jetts_mom1284926029.512620 PostsRegistered 4/14/2010

Wow - $40? My BIL paid over $300!

You were born an original - don't die a copy.

Mary Bailey1284926129.9337210 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004sw of Chicago
On 9/19/2010 jetts_mom said:

It was a smaller style, with glass bowl. The NuWave was there also - I don't remember the price.

Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.

debc1285002654.1072472 PostsRegistered 10/27/2009

LOL, I must be doing something wrong, I hate it. And my sister loves hers.

Not sure what the name of the one I had years ago was, but that one I loved.

Cheese with that whine?

Rae-Rae1285019793.36107 PostsRegistered 11/8/2007
On 9/19/2010 jetts_mom said:

Wow! They sell for $100 bucks now. Don't get it from the infomercial.

Speedie641290450192.5912 PostsRegistered 1/8/2008

HELP... anyone know how to cook a Turkey in the Sharper Image Super Wave Oven... ???

Time and temp. for a 14 pound turkey needed...

Can I stuff it and cook it in this machine...

HELP, Thankgiving is going to be a disaster otherwise.. PLEASE???
Thank you, Betty in Va.

bjhopkins@verizon.net

omnibus1290562554.437129 PostsRegistered 7/12/2010NE Wyoming

Our first experiment with the super wave oven (sharper image) was a complete success.

We made a porkroast with garlic and rosemary, recipe in the included booklet. It turned out juicy and tender, words we've never before used when describing a pork roast.

lovinglife1290563188.9831070 PostsRegistered 4/12/2005
On 11/22/2010 Speedie64 said:

HELP... anyone know how to cook a Turkey in the Sharper Image Super Wave Oven... ???

Time and temp. for a 14 pound turkey needed...

Can I stuff it and cook it in this machine...

HELP, Thankgiving is going to be a disaster otherwise.. PLEASE???
Thank you, Betty in Va.

bjhopkins@verizon.net

The Shopnbc site has a Quick cooking guide (which opens in another window) under the description for the SuperWave. The guide gives a cooking time for a 6 lb turkey.

"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."
\

kps20051290601425.212 PostsRegistered 11/24/2010

We have had our Nu-Wave for 3+ years. Hubby LOVES it and it does come in handy. HOWEVER: be aware - after about nine months or so, the plastic dome will become all spotty with baked on grease. It does not matter if you clean it everyday or not, once this happens, it will be spotted and will be brownish in color due to all the heat, and there is no way to clean it off. I have tried everything and even called cust serv at NuWave. They don't know what to do either. I suggested they make the dome in glass, they say it would be too heavy. I would like to have the option, because even with washing after every use, the oven just looks dirty from all the spots. Also, we've had a dome crack from excessive heat from cooking a chicken, and recently, the power head quit working. It started clicking and only the lower temps would work, but power levels 7,8,9,10 would not. Had to buy a new power head, since hubby will not part with it. We do use it everyday, tho. It's just one of those things I live with till something better comes along that will be cleanable and look nice in the long run. I like the Sharper Image one, but it is not infrared like the Nu-Wave. If it was, I would buy that one in a heartbeat.

Page 1 of 1