Give Gorgeous
17 Members and 12541 Guests Online

Judith Ripka

I need advice on how to wear bangles and bracelets together

Started 1268674947.38 in Judith Ripka | Last reply 1269397271.3 by ~dece8~

I need your expertise! I just got the TSV bracelet, which I love, but I need advice on how to wear it with a bangle. Which one do you wear closer to your wrist? How do you wear your bracelets? Do you wear them with the charms hanging down toward your fingers, or the other way toward your elbow. Do you wear two bracelets together without any bangles. I'll appreciate any advice. Have to go now, but I'll check in later. Thanks!  Smile

Page 1 of 2
collector ­girl1268675919.0673111 PostsRegistered 6/30/2008Moreno Valley, Ca

Hi Beach-mom, I don't own any bangle's , but I do have 4 different Ripka link bracelets. I do sometimes put two on at once. I use J138989 Pearl link w/pearl charm , with TSV #2 Turquoise link w/turquoise charm ( there is no picture, but it looks alot like J34979 with turquoise only).

Doopsie1268676034.31641 PostsRegistered 11/20/2004Ohio

Beach-mom;  Don't overthink it.  Just wear what you think looks good.  There are no hard and fast rules to jewelry anymore.  Wink

Member since 1988

Charmed~Je­nna1268677936.51320023 PostsRegistered 3/9/2010~RipkaNistaVille~

have fun playing, what ever makes ur heart sing ♪♫ Love, luv  ♥ ♫♪                         

♣Happy Saint Pattys day  

Last edited on 3/15/2010

Last edited on 3/15/2010

~ Modern Classics with a Twist ~

Puck12531268679916.72762 PostsRegistered 1/18/2010Over the Rainbow

Anything goes IMHO!  I usually wear a link/charm bracelet closest to my hand and then a bangle or two on top.  Charms hanging down.  I don't see why you can't wear 2 link bracelets if the spirit moves you.  Whatever brings you joy!

bits1268680515.8171388 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I agree with the other posters. Wear what looks and feels good to you. I will often wear my Ripka watch with a rolo and a slimmer bangle/cuff. My trio of choice these days is my "try me" MOP rolo and the "little sister" bangle and watch on my left arm. Today on my right arm I am wearing my LG round diamond bangle with two LG shadow bangles. It's a phase I am going thru!  I do wear my original Ad#'s 1&4  bangles together usually on my right arm. I would think two rolos would look equally as lovely. Layer them up! Slap them on! You only go this way once.Laughing

Or.... if understated is more you, just wear one. There are no wrong ways to wear your Ripka. Just wear it and enjoy what you have now. Life is too short not to enjoy all the "stuff" we've collected.

Beach- My charm type bracelets have a mind of their own.  I just let them fall where they may. HTH

beach-mom1268686009.6579744 PostsRegistered 8/1/2007Mid-Atlantic

You've all been wonderful! Thank you so much - I always get great advice here.  Kiss   I have an idea what to do now, and I'll have fun playing! 

namealread­ytaken1268686685.6837741 PostsRegistered 7/13/2009

I like things done in odd numbers.  I wear a 14K curb link, a 14K charm bracelet and a bangle.  They fall where they may.  I also have other bracelets that I will swap out frequently but I always try to have 2 "free" bracelets with 1 stiff bangle or 2 stiff bangles with 1 "loose" bracelet.  If I wear too many, people do not notice for the right reasons, but if I wear that combination, they notice.

On the opposite arm, I wear a watch, if I wear bracelets on that arm, it is my charm bracelet with the children's silhouettes and a bangle.  My watch is "loosish," an Ecclessi.

Last edited on 3/15/2010

Last edited on 3/15/2010

Mirren1268689093.831380 PostsRegistered 1/3/2007
On 3/15/2010 namealreadytaken said:

I like things done in odd numbers.  I wear a 14K curb link, a 14K charm bracelet and a bangle.  They fall where they may.  I also have other bracelets that I will swap out frequently but I always try to have 2 "free" bracelets with 1 stiff bangle or 2 stiff bangles with 1 "loose" bracelet.  If I wear too many, people do not notice for the right reasons, but if I wear that combination, they notice.

On the opposite arm, I wear a watch, if I wear bracelets on that arm, it is my charm bracelet with the children's silhouettes and a bangle.  My watch is "loosish," an Ecclessi.

Last edited on 3/15/2010

I'm with name on the "rule of 3" but that also works with proportions. I wear a big Ripka bangle with a soft bracelet and it looks too fabulous!

My best advice, pile 'em on, play with 'em, and see what combinations you like. Even if you think something is "too much" go out of the house anyway and see what comments/compliments you get. Give yourself time to get used to a look. If you don't like the feel, take 'em off and just don't do it again! Trust me, the wrist police won't get you. (If they do, they'll just compound the problem if they try to put you in handcuffs!)

Have fun playing!

bijouix1269038113.73213 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I'm with name on the "rule of 3" but that also works with proportions. I wear a big Ripka bangle with a soft bracelet and it looks too fabulous!

My best advice, pile 'em on, play with 'em, and see what combinations you like. Even if you think something is "too much" go out of the house anyway and see what comments/compliments you get. Give yourself time to get used to a look. If you don't like the feel, take 'em off and just don't do it again! Trust me, the wrist police won't get you. (If they do, they'll just compound the problem if they try to put you in handcuffs!)

Have fun playing!

LOL at Mirren about the wrist police.

I agree with the 3 rule, however I always try to add one more and take off one piece before I leave the house. Mostly I wear two, sometimes will add a 3rd next to my watch. I own way too many bangles but I do notice with my gold I do 3 bangles at the same time always, recently I got a 4th as a gift and it was just too much so put the money into something else.

I use to work as a reg. mgr for cosmetic co and Saks was one of my accounts, my friend who worked in cosmetic dept, was the oldest woman in the dept (deceased now) wore her gold bangles every single day and it was about 8, 9 maybe 10 and they looked so elegant never gaudy. She collected them from all her husbands she told me. Every time I put on a bangle I think of her.

I came back to edit; JR always says two bangles with a soft link is what she likes.

Last edited on 3/19/2010

Last edited on 3/19/2010

Last edited on 3/19/2010

manicshopp­er1269038870.772828 PostsRegistered 10/21/2009Never Never Land

I agree there are no rules, but here are my preferences.

If I have a watch or a hard bangle and a link bracelet - the link goes closer to my wrist. I like to have the flexible item near my bending wrist.

On the charms - I wear the charms in the way that I can see them best - I like looking at my jewels all day so I want to see them in the best position. I wish Judith would have put diamonique on both sides of this Fluer charm - I mean - it is only diamonique - how much could it have been to do both sides??? Oh well - I still like it. Glad that there is the gold on both sides.

I wear many things all layered - I probably wear too many, but ehh - I like it so that is all that counts!

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Visaqueen1269047553.5279244 PostsRegistered 1/29/2007Suffragette City

To me, it depends on the heft of the cuff.  I like to pair a really wide cuff with a pretty link bracelet.  So, the rule of "two" would apply in that case lol!

I also like to take two matching skinny cuffs and flank them around something in between - either a link bracelet or a wide cuff.  The skinny colors of sapphire cuffs are wonderful flankers around all types of beautiful cuffs and bracelets!

It also depends on how many other pieces you are wearing.  As long as you feel balanced and like the "art" you have created with combining this jewelry, then you are doing it "right"!

I have a fever . . . and the only cure . . . is more COWBELL!

kaplan2061269091938.2910762 PostsRegistered 1/27/2008from the cradle of liberty & cheesesteak

beach-mom - The ladies have advised you properly, especially Mirren with her reference to  the wrist police!  Just do what feels right for you on any given day and enjoy!

“ I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage. They've experienced pain and bought jewelry.”  
Rita Rudner

librisfb12691134331211 PostsRegistered 2/24/2007

This is the city, Ripkanistaville USA. I work here. I carry a badge.

It was Saturday. I was working the morning shift out of the Ripka Forum. Captain Judy was on vacation so my partner Joe and I were the watch (bangle, ring, and necklace) commander. We were polishing the DMQ on our badges when I got the call. It was a job for the wrist division, but they were busy figuring out why J144980 is always missing from inventory.

"Wrist Police," I said. "Give me just the facts ma'am." If Captain Judy had taken the call she would have been more gracious. But I like to get right to the heart, another thing Captain Judy is very good at.

The caller had a confession. She'd been wearing her bracelets all wrong. I informed her that wearing two links together was a misdemeanor. She was lucky; had she been wearing three loose links she would have been guilty of the three-strikes felony rule. The penalty: three years of hard labor in the QVC Returns warehouse cleaning returned jewelry.

"I'll never do it again!" she promised. "I'll abide by the rules of the Wrist Police from here on out."

"Yes, Ma'am," I said. "You do that. Captain Judy will be back at the end of next month and she will personally review all police reports from Ripkanistaville. I'm sure you won't want to be on her Watch List."

I hung up with my usual smug smile. Enforcing jewelry law was a tough job, but somebody had to do it. I grabbed my spray bottle of Windex and silver polishing cloth. It was going to be a long day. 

Laughing  Your talk about the wrist police made me do this. Couldn't help myself....  

SalmonFiend1269114663.0471217 PostsRegistered 2/6/2008

I'm more conservative with my jewelry wearing, so have been wearing AD#2 turquoise link bracelet with a JR diamonique bangle.  I put the bangle closest to my wrist.

I think I wear fewer bracelets/bangles because I always wear earrings, a necklace/pendant, and two rings also. 

I'm curious - for the ladies that wear 3 bangles/bracelets, what other jewelry do you wear with it? 

maggiemae11269142116.831842 PostsRegistered 9/6/2007From the South

librisfb you are toooooo funny. That's a good one.

When life gives you lemons, put them in your sweet tea////Best Wishes from a Southern Girl.////////Maggie

kaplan2061269177811.03710762 PostsRegistered 1/27/2008from the cradle of liberty & cheesesteak

Oh my gosh, librisfb, I almost spit out my tea reading your post.  You gotta give a person warning!  :)  What a fabulous "Dragnet" spoof you did.  Bravo!!!!!!!!!

Last edited on 3/21/2010

Last edited on 3/21/2010

“ I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage. They've experienced pain and bought jewelry.”  
Rita Rudner

trixie071269180276.13202 PostsRegistered 1/6/2008under the sweet georgia pines

librisfb, thanks for the laugh this am, that was wonderful.  Miss Judy would love it, someone should send it to her. It was just what I needed this morning to get me started.  I'm off to Church now, and I'm going to ask a Blessing for all my Ripka Ladies that bring me so much Joy and laughter, everyone have a great day.......trixie

deja vu1269183548.726201 PostsRegistered 7/9/2007East Coast

librisfb, that short tid-bit was just hilarious. I'd like to know if the job pays well and are there any openings ?? and what does Joe look likeCool

I'm glad beach-mom asked about this as I've wondered about this to, even though it does not matter how I put my bracelets on they always move at there on will.....

thanks for the laugh !!

dejavu~

~ life is short~pick your battles ~

Charmed~Je­nna1269184304.11320023 PostsRegistered 3/9/2010~RipkaNistaVille~

Libby...thats a hoot!!! thanks for the laughS.

enjoy ur day Peepets!  Kiss

~ Modern Classics with a Twist ~

newjerseyg­irl1269186559.1733632 PostsRegistered 11/20/2007Central New Jersey
On 3/20/2010 librisfb said:

This is the city, Ripkanistaville USA. I work here. I carry a badge.

It was Saturday. I was working the morning shift out of the Ripka Forum. Captain Judy was on vacation so my partner Joe and I were the watch (bangle, ring, and necklace) commander. We were polishing the DMQ on our badges when I got the call. It was a job for the wrist division, but they were busy figuring out why J144980 is always missing from inventory.

"Wrist Police," I said. "Give me just the facts ma'am." If Captain Judy had taken the call she would have been more gracious. But I like to get right to the heart, another thing Captain Judy is very good at.

The caller had a confession. She'd been wearing her bracelets all wrong. I informed her that wearing two links together was a misdemeanor. She was lucky; had she been wearing three loose links she would have been guilty of the three-strikes felony rule. The penalty: three years of hard labor in the QVC Returns warehouse cleaning returned jewelry.

"I'll never do it again!" she promised. "I'll abide by the rules of the Wrist Police from here on out."

"Yes, Ma'am," I said. "You do that. Captain Judy will be back at the end of next month and she will personally review all police reports from Ripkanistaville. I'm sure you won't want to be on her Watch List."

I hung up with my usual smug smile. Enforcing jewelry law was a tough job, but somebody had to do it. I grabbed my spray bottle of Windex and silver polishing cloth. It was going to be a long day. 

Laughing  Your talk about the wrist police made me do this. Couldn't help myself....  

Thanks for a good story!Laughing

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~

Sheesh1269192927.0539806 PostsRegistered 12/8/2007Funkytown

OMG, librisfb, you got me at "This is the city, Ripkanistaville USA. I work here. I carry a badge."  Fabulous, just fabulous....please keep writing for us.....you are very talented! Wink

" I'd luv to kiss ya, but I just washed my hair." Bette Davis

2zbeach1269199204.662307 PostsRegistered 5/2/2005

Pile them on...then take one off.  Too much can be tacky. I often wear a watch, a charm bracelet, a bangle or a cuff together. Depends on the mood.....

Karenka1269202103.51881 PostsRegistered 1/4/2008Ct

librisfb,that story was Fantastic! If you are not a novelist,you should be!Smile

librisfb1269219832.4531211 PostsRegistered 2/24/2007
On 3/21/2010 Karenka said:

librisfb,that story was Fantastic! If you are not a novelist,you should be!Smile

Thanks to all for your kind words...I'm glad my attempt at humor gave you some smiles. That was my intent.

Karenka, you caught me. I am a novelist, but don't go running out to find my book as I'm not yet published. Maybe never will be (OK, honestly, probably never will be.) But I keep trying...

kaplan2061269224775.09710762 PostsRegistered 1/27/2008from the cradle of liberty & cheesesteak
On 3/21/2010 librisfb said:
On 3/21/2010 Karenka said:

Thanks to all for your kind words...I'm glad my attempt at humor gave you some smiles. That was my intent.

Karenka, you caught me. I am a novelist, but don't go running out to find my book as I'm not yet published. Maybe never will be (OK, honestly, probably never will be.) But I keep trying...

Bravo!

And you need to "publish" this ditty to Miss Judy, Mr. Peyton & LisaR.  They will flip out!

You rock, girl!

Rita Rudner

Page 1 of 2