Labor Day Weekend Clearance
77 Members and 8130 Guests Online

Judith Ripka

How can I keep my toggle bracelet from falling off?

Started 1301252541.413 in Judith Ripka | Last reply 1301562346.057 by kachina624

My toggle bracelets are too big on me but I didn't think they would actually come undone but they do. I don't really wear them because of this, but last night I wore the pearl one & it fell off twice, I finally put it in my purse & now I'm here looking for a good solution....and please don't tell me to buy a smaller one, I would have but they didn't come in a small {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Page 1 of 1
librisfb1301253774.751203 PostsRegistered 2/24/2007

Hi loves.

Depending on the bracelet, you may be able to have a link or two removed. I've had that done with a couple of my JR link bracelets and it has helped with the fit quite a lot. Must say, even when they were a bit too big the toggle never became undone. One other possibility, again depending on the specific bracelet in hand: can you double loop the toggle through the ring? Might be tricky, but you could try. Good luck!

newjerseyg­irl1301255038.893595 PostsRegistered 11/20/2007Central New Jersey

Hi loves, It is just that reason that you mentioned, the toggle coming undone, that I don't really like toggle bracelets.

However, I do have one toggle bracelet, the one with the small citrine heart from the original AD series.

When I wear that bracelet, I take a small safety pin (which is silver, so not really noticeable) and pin the last loop of the bracelet through a loop in the chain with the toggle. It is not really noticeable, and if the toggle comes undone. the safety pin is holding the bracelet together.

I showed this to another Ripkanista who had lost a JR toggle bracelet because it fell off her wrist and she thought it was a good idea.

I hope it works for you.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~

che1301255067.84311292 PostsRegistered 2/7/2009seattle, Wa.

I have had this happen many times...to prevent this I hang a charm from the toggle "O" ring...does the trick...even lost one once...HTH{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened!

In Loving Memory of my Dear Sweet Bubba...Nov. 21, 2011

beach-mom1301256101.839490 PostsRegistered 8/1/2007Mid-Atlantic

I was always afraid of this and never wanted one. I just couldn't understand why designers would MAKE these in the first place! And necklaces too! Then my husband gave me a beautiful toggle bracelet for Christmas. When I expressed my concern, we took it back to the place where he got it. They put a safety chain on for me. I felt so much better wearing that. Now, because of JR and BB, I have quite a few. I don't have safety chains on yet, but I plan to have them put on!

waterbaby1301258240.5574298 PostsRegistered 7/27/2006Georgia

Hanging a charm at the toggle side always keeps them in place for me. Most of mine are fine but the ones I have had problems with are from RLM.

Let go, let God.

Blessings,
waterbaby

Charmed~Je­nna1301260215.4420023 PostsRegistered 3/9/2010~RipkaNistaVille~

I've used a charm to secure mine...and one time at work....I used a clear rubber hair band.....it worked in a pinch. (put it around the toggle bar...and it made it grip better.

Best wishes~

~ Modern Classics with a Twist ~

GGBOXERS1301271097.947449 PostsRegistered 1/30/2007Greensburg, PA
On 3/27/2011 newjerseygirl said:

Hi loves, It is just that reason that you mentioned, the toggle coming undone, that I don't really like toggle bracelets.

However, I do have one toggle bracelet, the one with the small citrine heart from the original AD series.

When I wear that bracelet, I take a small safety pin (which is silver, so not really noticeable) and pin the last loop of the bracelet through a loop in the chain with the toggle. It is not really noticeable, and if the toggle comes undone. the safety pin is holding the bracelet together.

I showed this to another Ripkanista who had lost a JR toggle bracelet because it fell off her wrist and she thought it was a good idea.

I hope it works for you.

It matters not what size my toggle bracelets are, they still come off my wrists! That is why I do not purchase them any more no matter how much I love the bracelet. THANKS for this safety pin suggestion! I will give it a try. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

BurbankKate1301271720.476188 PostsRegistered 11/18/2007Home of: Disney Studios,W. Bros, Nickelodeon, Cartoon network, media capital of the world

1) If you roll up a piece of wax and stick it on the inside of the loop, it will keep the toggle from coming out.

2) You can have the bracelet shortened.

Last edited on 3/27/2011

Last edited on 3/27/2011

- A government big enough to give you everything you want, is then strong enough to take everything you have.
- Thomas Jefferson

gypsy21301272621.3231906 PostsRegistered 5/24/2010

The only toggle bracelet I ever bought came off my arm twice so I refuse to buy any more. Sounds like you have some good suggestions though.Hope they work!

softly091301274525.57224 PostsRegistered 6/21/2009

Jus a lil info on a toggle bracelet I had ..... I got it lengthened the part that goes through the ring of it. A jeweller can do this and it is not a costly expense. Hope this might help!!!!

Nonie Lee1301276208.513577 PostsRegistered 10/22/2008North of Cincinnati

I just have the jeweler add a safety chain. I've done this for years for my bracelets and my daughters.

lovetoshop­too1301520659.14128 PostsRegistered 7/6/2006northeast PA

Thanks for all the great ideas, I knew I was coming to the right place for help {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} I went to the mall today with my bracelet in hand (J138988 ) thinking I was going to get the safety chain put on but that wasn't the case. Kay Jewelers told me they only work on silver if it was purchased there, the silver stands in the middle of the mall don't do it at all & Littmans said they could send it out for an estimate but I should be aware the cost of everything has gone up! I came home with my bracelet & had a great idea & it seems like it's going to be fine & I thought I would share it with you in case anyone else needs some help. I took one of the bails that came with an enhancer & used that like a catch I guess, I put it through the first big link on one end of the bracelet & then I connected it to the o ring & closed it up & it looks fine. I turned the bail to the outside of the bracelet so all of the detail kind of blends with the links & I don't even think you would notice it & the best part of all ..it didn't cost a penny more {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} Thanks again for all of your great ideas !

dkh1301521051.091130 PostsRegistered 1/4/2011Virginia

One idea, which has worked for me. CP (Sincerely Southwest jewelrey) uses a lot of toggle bracelets and I was having the same trouble with them falling off, so I used a pair of pliers and "pinched" the O ring a little so it isn't so round (more oval now), so the toggle end wasn't so apt to come out. Works every time for me and it's much cheaper and less time comsuming than running to the jewelry store everytime I get a new bracelet.

Living your life well is the best revenge.
Blonde, green eyes, cool with pink undertone.

benzgirl1301523872.145607 PostsRegistered 12/23/2006Tennessee by way of the great state of NY
On 3/27/2011 newjerseygirl said:

I hope it works for you.

newjersey,

You beat me to the solution! I was just thinking that the pin idea might work and was going to suggest it. I have never had any problems with my JR toggle bracelets, so I never tried this idea but I think it would work well!

"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God". ~ Bob Pierce ~ Founder of World Vision

Pray for the USA, Pray for Israel

kachina6241301562346.01315423 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004New Mexico

If there is a jump ring beside the toggle, you can buy a chain about 2" long with a ring clasp on each end and attach it to each side of the toggle, a safety chain as it were. I've done this to a couple of my bracelets. Bought the chains on eBay.

Page 1 of 1