TSV(R) Preview
136 Members and 15166 Guests Online

Jewelry Talk

Chuck Clemency jewelry -- yay or nay?

Started 1279304441.503 in Jewelry Talk | Last reply 1279509330.233 by chickenbutt

Some of his items are tempting ... how's the quality?

Thank you!

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." ~ Robert Brault

Page 1 of 1
Photo Don­na1279304776.4814143 PostsRegistered 12/26/2005walking the dogs

A long time ago I got a few of his things and they are OK -- nothing to die over and the price point was right.

every 6 seconds a pet dies in a shelter -- adopt

mistyada1279304929.276 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I bought a few of his items years ago when SNBC had high end jewelry. Every item was clearly defective. I returned everything. In the past year, SNBC has only been featuring lower end jewelry so I would think his quality would still be low.

chickenbutt1279304974.3524215 PostsRegistered 1/16/2006chickentown

I used to buy his stuff, WAY back when he was only selling fine jewelry in the ValueVision days, and everything I got was of very good quality in terms of stone quality, gold quality, and setting quality.

The only things I can think of that I have ordered from him recently were some of his 8mm Kellie Anne stud earrings. I have the amethyst, London blue topaz, Madeira citrine, and the rhodolite. They are all beautiful and beautifully set in 14k basket findings.

Last edited on 7/16/2010

Last edited on 7/16/2010

Bippity boppity BOOYAH!

esmeraldag­ooch1279305164.0112162 PostsRegistered 1/7/2008Adopt a Rescue Pet, who rescues who?

Are you looking at the KellieAnne pieces? I have purchased the earrings and pendant. They are pretty and the settings were well built basket settings. Hope that helps.

PS Like his Mystic coated topaz. Some sell the coating on the top which scratches easily. Chuck's are coated underneath so they hold up better.

Faith is taking the first step even when you can't see the whole staircase.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Love to re­ad1279305416.7631681 PostsRegistered 11/3/2008Southern Indiana

I have a mystic topaz ring, a larimar ring, and a pink tourmaline ring of Chuck's. All three are in silver plated in platinum and, so far, all three have held up well.

Shelbelle1279306071.8434719 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Have not bought from him in a long time, but for various reasons returned everythung I did buy in the past.

Jeanne R1279306794.3174788 PostsRegistered 7/5/2010

long time ago not bought anything

ennui1279307513.68719957 PostsRegistered 4/17/2007

Thank you for the helpful responses! I'm not looking at the Kellie Anne items, although I know he's famous for them. I'm simply window-shopping.

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." ~ Robert Brault

Sammycat11279311065.4439798 PostsRegistered 9/30/2005

Have the Kellie Anne pieces too and a number of his pieces from the Gem Treasures and NYC II line....no problems in the nearly 10 years I've been buying.

Margo Chan­ning1279314507.67313382 PostsRegistered 11/29/2007

I Love Chuck. He's nice, funny and passionate about his family.

Having said that, I am disappointed by the less than substantial settings and his frequent use of opaque and coated gemstones. The gold presence is not what it used to be and he uses a lot of opaque stones, stones that are coated and too much smokey quartz.

It's not the typing, it's arthritis.
NO-ONE puts Leisle in the corner
BRING OUR GIRLS HOME

esmeraldag­ooch1279314644.2512162 PostsRegistered 1/7/2008Adopt a Rescue Pet, who rescues who?

I got caught up in the beauty of the Mystics and then got the Sunset. Next time if I get any they will be the Aurora. Really liking the checkerboard cut tops on the Sweet16 Kellie Annes. Bet they twinkle.

Faith is taking the first step even when you can't see the whole staircase.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Sweet Susie1279324637.9172470 PostsRegistered 5/23/2007There and Back Again

I have the Kellie Annes in the citrine and rhodolite - nice for the price, but I only buy when they are on sale. Oh, I also have the citrine Kellie Anne bracelet. I haven't had any problems with the gold settings, but be aware that they are lightweight and won't take a lot of abuse. I also have almost all the colors of the little Kellie Anne studs for the second hole in my ear - also very nice for the price when on sale. I'm debating about getting the London blue topaz (original size) since they are sale right now and 6 ez pays.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." Eleanor Roosevelt

KaeKae1279330095.011026 PostsRegistered 8/13/2005

Last winter I bought his Kellie Anne earrings in rhodolite and the Petite Kellie Annes in peridot and Bahamian pink topaz (I think that was the name of the pink{#emotions_dlg.blush}) The peridot and topaz I kept, but send the rhodolite back. They just weren't pretty stones of a bracelet I own and bought from the Q a few years ago. I see another poster has them, maybe the set a got was just a dud.

Burnsite1279330293.437426 PostsRegistered 7/31/2007

I recently purchased a blue zircon/pink tourmaline ring of his on clearance, and it's the prettiest ring in the world. :) I don't shop that channel much, but I think I may have received another tourmaline ring three yrs ago that was beautiful, too.

I don't care for massive pieces. Both of these rings have 3 ct center stones and a more petite setting.

ETA Gems en Vogue, maybe? Is that Clemency? Sorry if I've pushed the thread off topic.

Last edited on 7/16/2010

Last edited on 7/16/2010

culebra1279335695.4032442 PostsRegistered 3/22/2005

I own several pairs of the Kellie Ann Studs. They are quite nice with a lot of gold presence.

Hudsongrl1279340673.553524 PostsRegistered 12/3/2006

His line is like every other jewelry line, where some pieces are nicer than others.

I have several of Chuck's rings and they are very pretty and I always get compliments. OTOH, I sent several pieces back that I felt were cheaply made.

If you read the ShopNBC reviews, I have found they are good indicators as to the quality of the individual Chuck piece. Overall, if you see something you like, I'd give it a shot.

Barbara in­ Virginia1279344443.8577822 PostsRegistered 5/22/2010

No, Gems en Vogue ll are by Michael Valatutti. IMO his pieces are much better quality than Chuck Clemency's. I bought one of Chuck's pieces back in the day for the setting only. Took out the center stone which was not good quality and replaced it. I have several Gems en Vogue pieces from back in the day when everything was gold. They are beautifully designed with excellent stones and are substantial. Michael designs all of his pieces himself and I think that Chuck buys already fabricated items from gem shows.

floosey mo­mma1279345175.71331 PostsRegistered 7/12/2010

I think Chuck's jewelry has changed over the years. I've purchased a few pieces in the past, very nice large stones, 1 in a very substantial 18kt setting.

I've also purchased Michaels items before in gold...it appears now everything is coated in paladium & 18kt. Still kicking myself for returning a tahitian pearl ring in 18kt years ago{#emotions_dlg.crying}{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Bella HS1279345402.8378076 PostsRegistered 12/17/2007East Hampton, NY

When he was a top vendor selling fine jewelry about 10 years ago he had beautiful unique designs now his jewelry is all lower end just like everything else at SNBC

kat_lvr1279345557.22620 PostsRegistered 4/20/2010

I own a couple of of his rings from Chuck's earlier days and they are in heavy gold and beautiful. I ordered one last year and sent it back because it wasn't the heavy gold I love and the stone fell out as soon as I tried it on. I love the man himself but what a difference in his pieces from a few years ago and now.

I ordered DD a Michael Valitutti ring recently and it was nice and heavy and artistic. Just what she wanted.

CalmInTheH­eart1279389404.1737277 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007

If you buy his higher end pieces, they are pretty good quality. I have some of his rings with undergalleries and high quality gems. Some of his 14k/gem crosses are outstanding. I love his Kellie Anne earrings too.

I avoid his gigantic sized gems for two reasons....1) look/style, and 2) they are often set in minimal gold so they won't stay on top of the finger.

Peace

imamagpie1279399138.15790 PostsRegistered 3/15/2010
My first major (for me) online/tv shopping purchase was one of Chuck's rings, a large-stone green amethyst ring set in gold. That was a little over a year ago, so I can't compare with his earlier pieces. This first ring was a thrill that started me on that dangerous path of online shopping! The stone was incredible but the gold band was a bit thin, but in comparing with what is available in brick-and-mortar stores, I would never have been able to afford it locally. I have since branched out (substantially, to my budget's dismay) to other stations and vendors, but I always watch Chuck when he's on if I can. He's a hoot, and he has often surprised with merchandise unavailable elsewhere. I just bought two Chrome Diopside line bracelets from his NYC II line. They are absolutely beautiful and the best I have found, both in quality and size of stones. I had previously tried CD bracelets from 3 other places and sent them back because they were too small and light in color. HOWEVER, these are the only two NYC II items I have kept, as I don't like all the fakey texturing on cheap-looking settings that make the rings look cheap. The Gem Treasures line is better, but you have to shop very carefully. I've learned a lot from Chuck, too. And the Kellie Anne studs are a very good deal. At first I couldn't stand him, but he's grown on me. I agree with other posters that SNBC seems to be going downhill.

Shaz1279414144.647450 PostsRegistered 4/20/2007

I can't speak to much because I only own two pair of the Kellie Anne gemstone earrings, I absolutely love them! Beautiful stones and well priced.

Loves_to_D­ress_Up1279471364.55758 PostsRegistered 1/29/2009Nevada

When Value Vision was the 'other shopping channel' I discovered Chuck Clemency and Michael Valitutti. I have a Ruby & Diamond 14kt gold ring and a African Amethyst in white 14kt along with the matching pendant from Michael. All are nice and substantial and I've enjoyed them since receiving them. I have a Mystic Topaz, Zircon & Diamond and a Pink Sapphire Ring in 14kt and several Kellie Anne studs and a Bahaman Pink Pendant. Also a Mystic Topaz & Diamond 14kt Enhancer and a Ametrine & Diamond 14kt Enhancer - I actually forgot about the enhancers as I haven't worn them on the 14kt 4mm Gold Omega that I bought to wear them on when Omegas were the "have to have item". I haven't worked in 6 years so the occasions to dress up - Omegawise - are vastly reduced and I live in an area that no one bothers to try and look nice on an everday basis. I still dress the way I have always dressed which includes "accessorizing" but I've toned it down quite a bit for everyday retirement living in this econmically depressed area.

The point of my posting to this thread is that back in the day of VV - Chuck included a mailing envelope with each piece of his 14kt Jewelry and you had a year to send it back to his factory for resizing or if you had any issues with the stones falling out. I never did, but it was nice to know you had that support after the sale. Now all these years later my ring finger size has changed and I couldn't wear any of the rings. I did recently pay to have all the rings sized up so that I can wear them again. I am so glad I did because I look at the stuff being sold today and know the quality is not there. Also if those rings had been the "plated metals' they could not have been sized.

I still enjoy the "enthusiasm" that both Chuck & Michael bring to their on air showings but I no longer will purchase anything at SNBC. When I see their programs listed I will watch and enjoy.

chickenbutt1279509330.2324215 PostsRegistered 1/16/2006chickentown

Loves - I remember when Chuck C sent those little return envelopes and had that warranty. I purchased a 950 Platinum, Tanzanite and diamond, ring from him back then and for some reason I had occasion to send it to him. Got it back good as new.

I spent nearly $2,000 dollars for that piece, so it was nice to know he backed up his products. He also sent out professional appraisals with his stuff. I had a $5,000+ appraisal that came with that ring.

Last edited on 7/18/2010

Last edited on 7/18/2010

Bippity boppity BOOYAH!

Page 1 of 1