Fall Fashion Clearance
149 Members and 12962 Guests Online

Jewelry Talk

Do all Diamonique rings say "CHINA" on the inside?

Started 1270990525.64 in Jewelry Talk | Last reply 1271207948.963 by QsMom

Hello!  The reason I ask this question is that I may order a Diamonique ring as a temporary engagement ring. I want silver, white gold or platinum clad.  I might be embarrassed if I take the ring off in front of someone & it says "CHINA" on the inside.  I just seems to cheapen the ring.  Do the rings look real in person, or cheap?  I'm normally not the kind of person who tries to impress others, but I want an engagement ring that does not look cheap.  If they all say "CHINA," do you have suggestions for another place I can buy a ring?

Also, if I would choose Epiphany, does the platinum stay on, or does it peel?

Any suggestions for specific rings would be appreciated, too.

Thanks for your help. I do not wear very much jewelery (no rings), just silver hoops, a watch & occasionally a necklace.

Thanks for your help!

Sarah

Page 1 of 1
esmeraldag­ooch1270996379.04711774 PostsRegistered 1/7/2008Adopt a Rescue Pet, who rescues who?

If you type in Diamonique USA in the search box, 204 items come up to choose from.  Some are rings.  Hope this helps

People are meant to be loved and things are designed to be used. The problem today is, things are being loved and people are being used. Lets change that.... G.Beck

lulu21271008428.97320760 PostsRegistered 8/1/2007

Why would you take your engagement ring off to show someone? Who would read the inside of someone's ring

As for does DMQ look real; those that like it will tell you YES.  Those that do not like it will tell you NO.  If someone is rude enough to ask if it is real; I'd probaly say it's a real ring.  I would never lie and tell someone it is a real diamond.

FrankieKay1271009656.193943 PostsRegistered 9/5/2008

I have a few pieces of diamonique and I've been pleased with them.

I strongly prefer 14k gold, I think you'll get a much more "believable" factor, if cost is important, then, I'd suggest Epiphany over yellow gold clad.

I have a couple of Epiphany rings, and I honestly cannot tell a difference in color from my 14k White Gold.

Yellow gold clad, I don't care if it's from QVC or the highest end retailer, I simply think it's the rare exception that looks believeable.  For some reason, it seems next to impossible to nail the "real deal" color, in clad.

I'd also stay with a realistic carat weight in the stone(s).  Not only do the bigger stones tend to look more fake, if you're like the vast majority of us, we're not going to shell out $50,000 or more, for a high quality 4 carat+ stone.

If the SO or I had that kind of $$$ to play with, it wouldn't be on my finger {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

ennui1271090681.72719957 PostsRegistered 4/17/2007
On 4/11/2010 FrankieKay said:

I'd also stay with a realistic carat weight in the stone(s).  Not only do the bigger stones tend to look more fake, if you're like the vast majority of us, we're not going to shell out $50,000 or more, for a high quality 4 carat+ stone.

A high quality 4-carat diamond would cost A LOT more than $50,000. That's the problem with believability -- it seems that women have absolutely no clue how much real diamonds cost.

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." ~ Robert Brault

chickenbutt1271092937.3423427 PostsRegistered 1/16/2006chickentown

I think now that most of them are made in China, yes, they will be hallmarked with that.  Most jewelry, at least that which is made with precious metals, will be hallmarked with the name of the country in which they were manufactured.

I just checked the one piece of DQ that I have (I am more of a diamond girl).  It is a channel-set eternity band that I bought many years ago, and it is stamped 'Korea'.    I think between then and now QVC has moved to having many more things, including jewelry, made in China.

Last edited on 4/12/2010

Last edited on 4/12/2010

Bippity boppity BOOYAH!

bebeuser1271093355.862484 PostsRegistered 5/7/2007
On 4/11/2010 esmeraldagooch said:

If you type in Diamonique USA in the search box, 204 items come up to choose from.  Some are rings.  Hope this helps

that's nice to know! learn something new every day around here.Kiss

esmeraldag­ooch1271093409.43711774 PostsRegistered 1/7/2008Adopt a Rescue Pet, who rescues who?

I have plenty of items created in China and USA which do not have the country of origin hallmarked on the inside.  I know from asking the manufacturer the origin of creation before buying them.

Last edited on 4/12/2010

Last edited on 4/12/2010

People are meant to be loved and things are designed to be used. The problem today is, things are being loved and people are being used. Lets change that.... G.Beck

Charmed~Je­nna1271094154.25720023 PostsRegistered 3/9/2010~RipkaNistaVille~

Hi Everyone

 

Sarah...Judith Ripka's DMQ rings dont.  It says Thailand on the inside. 

She has many different types of rings to choose from.....but one that I am fond of is..

CLICKIES this one.  Made similar to her own ring she wears alot and was ask to make a     JRQ version of.   HTH  ♥ good luck

~ Modern Classics with a Twist ~

DebbieDD1271098053.0478109 PostsRegistered 10/18/2004
On 4/11/2010 lulu2 said:

Why would you take your engagement ring off to show someone? Who would read the inside of someone's ring

As for does DMQ look real; those that like it will tell you YES.  Those that do not like it will tell you NO.  If someone is rude enough to ask if it is real; I'd probaly say it's a real ring.  I would never lie and tell someone it is a real diamond.

ITA!  Anyone holding a diamonique ring would instantly know it to be fake as the settings would not fool a soul, be itepiphany, silver, gold....  Get a 1 carat ( or smaller) round cut (other cuts look glassy), wear it on your finger and nobody will be the weiser.

Last edited on 4/12/2010

Last edited on 4/12/2010

MrsSweetie­Bear1271152159.8976265 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Somewhere UNDER the rainbow

And they also say CZ inside besides being hollow and flimsy.  Nothing like my real diamond engagment and wedding rings.

My favorite people are dogs, and
Dogs are my favorite people.

QsMom1271207948.96744 PostsRegistered 6/22/2008
On 4/11/2010 SarahJo said:

Hello!  The reason I ask this question is that I may order a Diamonique ring as a temporary engagement ring. I want silver, white gold or platinum clad.  I might be embarrassed if I take the ring off in front of someone & it says "CHINA" on the inside.  I just seems to cheapen the ring.  Do the rings look real in person, or cheap?  I'm normally not the kind of person who tries to impress others, but I want an engagement ring that does not look cheap.  If they all say "CHINA," do you have suggestions for another place I can buy a ring?

Also, if I would choose Epiphany, does the platinum stay on, or does it peel?

Any suggestions for specific rings would be appreciated, too.

Thanks for your help. I do not wear very much jewelery (no rings), just silver hoops, a watch & occasionally a necklace.

Thanks for your help!

Sarah

How temporary is this ring going to be (e.g., do you want it for only a couple of months, or for a year)?  What is your budget?  What styles do you like (shapes of center stones, with or without sidestones, etc.)?  If you let us know, we can make more specific suggestions (particularly as to where to buy).

BTW, I know many women who do not take off their e-rings for anyone to try on.  If you are not like those women, and you do want to let other people try on your ring, a Diamonique ring is probably not the way to go.  Even if they don't say "China", they DO all say "CZ" somewhere inside or on the side of the band.

Anyway, I and others on this forum can offer suggestions if you let us know what your likes/dislikes are.

Last edited on 4/13/2010

Last edited on 4/13/2010

Page 1 of 1