Designer Fashion Clearance
129 Members and 12536 Guests Online

Jewelry Talk

Liquidation Channel - has anyone purchased from them ???

Started 1269136150.79 in Jewelry Talk | Last reply 1292374421.197 by Megpal27

Hi - I just made some purchases from Liquidation Channel today.  They have really pretty stuff and great prices.  But, I was not aware that no orders could be canceled are returned - what a shock - guess I didn't read the fine print when I registered.  So, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them - any input would be appreciated.  Thanks

Page 1 of 1
MissCodi1269179498.457520 PostsRegistered 8/26/2007

I used to buy from them when they were   THE JEWELRY CHANNEL.... and truthfully I ended up returning more than I kept from them.

That was back in the good old days when they accepted returns.  However  they apparently went out of business, or said that they were..and put everything on so called LIQUIDATION which was suppose to be amazing prices but really were not much different than the regular prices. At that time they put the NO RETURNS  deal into effect. 

They finally closed about 3 months later, and opened the next day as THE LIQUIDATION CHANNEL with the no return policy in place. 

I have not bought from them and I would actually be scared to now.  Hope you are happy with your purchases.  My advice would be not to order anything else until you  see if you are happy with what you have already purchased.     Kiss

PalmsPlace1269185376.38732 PostsRegistered 8/15/2007

Thanks for the info Shopping Gal.  I am beside myself today trying to cancel an order that I made yesterday and not only do they refuse to cancel (even though it has not shipped yet) but they refuse for me to return the item.  I am NOT going to make any more purchases - it's just not worth taking a chance that I might have to keep something that I don't like. This is one of those companies that BUYER BEWARE is so true.

PalmsPlace1269204025.9532 PostsRegistered 8/15/2007

87 views and only 1 reply.......now I'm really worried  :(

gidgetgoes­hawaiian1269205225.94710304 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

We don't have that channel on our cable lineup.  I hope your purchase works out well for you.

esmeraldag­ooch1269267676.4512189 PostsRegistered 1/7/2008Adopt a Rescue Pet, who rescues who?

I don't get that channel either so went online to check it out.   Odd that they don't show any information on the show hosts... Are they using transients?

Faith is taking the first step even when you can't see the whole staircase.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Joanne6161283423177.8231 PostsRegistered 9/2/2010

Hi! If you look on the TV screen it on the upper left hand corner it tells what is returnable and what is not. Items over $200.00 can be returned. I have made several purchases and have been very pleased. In fact I had ordered a 30" pearl necklace and I received a call from their office saying that they were giving me a refund because the necklace did not meet their quality standards. I have ordered jewelry from QVC, the Jewelry channel and now this one and I also make jewelry, but to be honest even some of the simple beading necklaces the Liquidation channel can do it cheaper than I can.

I have purchased some tanzanite jewelry and took it for appraisals and most of the pieces appraised at 3 times what I paid.I don't think you have anything to worry about. Just sit back and wait for the package to arrive and hope you don't get to addicted.

Mathilde1283431071.5831091 PostsRegistered 2/29/2008

This channel appeared in my lineup just recently, and I've watched some. I'm glad you posted the question, Palms Place.

Their website was being revamped and was down for days. I notice it isn't working again right now. It's a simple site, so I hope they add more to it -- when it's up and running again. The items that are returnable are marked on screen and on the site, and everything else isn't returnable. I think even their return policy is very stringent.

Maybe at some time I'll order something to see how it goes.

Joanne16, it is always suspicious when someone pops up and with their first and only post gives a glowing review of some vendor. In the past, the poster has almost always been a schill for and somehow connected to the vendor. I'm going to have to take your review with a grain of salt.

SFGIANTSGI­RL1283436502.783313 PostsRegistered 12/5/2008Clayton, CA

Hi Palms--

I purchased a lot from them when the were the Jewerly Channel. As the previous poster mentioned, they did this going out of business thing and best prices ever, we are closing our door and the last day, hours later, they were back on air under the new name. After that whole thing, I was disgusted by them and didn't buy again. They had two top lines, Iliana and Rhapsody and they stated that you should get yours now because they might become collector pieces etc. knowing that they were going right back on air selling the same two lines. False advertising {#emotions_dlg.angry}

Almost everything that I purchased in the past was very good quality and the prices were good. I bought Tanzanite and a bunch of other gemstones and only had a few quality issues.

I hope you love what you get and that there are no issues.

Deb {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Dachsie1283437518.2972607 PostsRegistered 6/4/2006

"Joanne16"

was said by Mathile to maybe be a suspecious shill-type poster, but I do not think that is a fair statement because what Joanne posted can be verified by each of us. We can go to the website and see if some items are returnable and if those items are cleared marked and if their policies are clearly printed on the website. We can save screen shots and policies on to our own computers and have some documentation if a return problem ever arises. Those are FACTS that we can each verify or judge to be unfounded and not verifiable statements.

Yes, it is good to be on the lookout for posters who only come around and post glowing reviews but are not around any other time because shills do happen to these forums, but in this case, for the reason stated above, I do not think Joanne16 is a shill.

I guess I could go and find the site and see for myself and surely do not get it on my cable lineup on TV, but buying jewelry items over $200 is sort of out of the question for me these days.

manicshopp­er1283441389.232828 PostsRegistered 10/21/2009Never Never Land

I've seen others post here that they ordered and didn't read the fine print about the returns.

I watch sometimes - and I see on the screen - it says when things are returnable and when not. Definately you have to pay attention. In this day and age, it is really unusual for a retailer to not accept returns, so I can see how you would not "look" for that information or see it. But I think you are out of gas in terms of trying to cancel your order. Hopefully you like the items you ordered since you will be stuck with them!

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"

- Eleanor Roosevelt

ennui1283448033.01319957 PostsRegistered 4/17/2007
On 3/21/2010 Bixbygirl said:

I used to buy from them when they were THE JEWELRY CHANNEL...

Are y'all sure it's the same people? I never got TJC ... on my cable system, we had Gems TV, and they filed bankruptcy, and now we get the LC in its place.

I've been to the LC website in the past, and they have Honora and Judith Ripka, and a lot of the same items sold on QVC. And, they had a contact link for businesses that want to liquidate their inventory.

Mostly, I've noticed that the LC only sells certain sizes. Most rings are a 7, for example, which is the standard at brick and mortar stores.

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." ~ Robert Brault

SFGIANTSGI­RL1283472523.1173313 PostsRegistered 12/5/2008Clayton, CA
On 9/2/2010 ennui said:
On 3/21/2010 Bixbygirl said:

I used to buy from them when they were THE JEWELRY CHANNEL...

Are y'all sure it's the same people? I never got TJC ... on my cable system, we had Gems TV, and they filed bankruptcy, and now we get the LC in its place.

I've been to the LC website in the past, and they have Honora and Judith Ripka, and a lot of the same items sold on QVC. And, they had a contact link for businesses that want to liquidate their inventory.

Mostly, I've noticed that the LC only sells certain sizes. Most rings are a 7, for example, which is the standard at brick and mortar stores.

Hi Ennui--

I am possitive. I watched the day it went off air and a few hours later came back on air. The host are all the same and I became friend with a girl named Pam in customer service and she told me when I complained about them going off air, that there was a big surprise. The big surprise is that they changed their name but that was all.

Deb

nckjm1283554802.237828 PostsRegistered 7/20/2009NC

1. I can't bring myself to buy jewelry from a place called Liquidation Channel...has the wrong connotation for me.

2. I can't buy jewelry I've never seen in person or tried on, without a return policy.

3. I don't like the reverse auction selling technique. Talk about impulse buying!

That's three strikes.

Mathilde1283625387.3631091 PostsRegistered 2/29/2008
On 9/2/2010 Joanne616 said:

I have purchased some tanzanite jewelry and took it for appraisals and most of the pieces appraised at 3 times what I paid.I don't think you have anything to worry about. Just sit back and wait for the package to arrive and hope you don't get to addicted.

Dachsie, this is the part of Joanne616's post that I found troubling. For a first post, it seems odd to me that she would give such a glowing report and such untempered encouragement to others. JTV and Liquidation Channel both claim that their jewelry will appraise at far more than what is paid for it, but I know from experience with JTV that this is rare and doubt that Liquidation Channel is any better.

I don't find this part of the post credible. If you do, OK.

I wasn't disputing the information about returning items. I posted the same information myself above with less detail.

Gopress1291932674.1737 PostsRegistered 10/4/2010

I have purchased quite a bit from them. I don't like their non-returnable policies for purchases under $200. I have had a problem with their earrings arriving bent and when I try to straighten them so I can wear them, they the fishhook, etc break. I have also lost gems from the rings. I have complained to them on several occasions and have received a $15 credit. I am disappointed in them. I get better customer service and products from the Jewelry Channel.

Townsend1292050369.4531067 PostsRegistered 7/31/2007

I also have purchased quite a bit from them. Lately I purchased two higher-cost tanzanite pieces that are absolutely beautiful. I have no complaints, and my jeweler went nuts over them. I haven't had them appraised yet, but will, and I do expect them to appraise for a lot more than the cost. I did receive a bracelet with a faulty clasp that was under $200, and they refunded very quickly when I returned it with no problem. I also returned a $5,000 ring at one point that they processed immediately. I really have no complaints thus far. You just have to be certain to read & understand their policies. They do offer some lovely tanzanite as they own one of the sites in Tanzania that produces the stone so have access to more of it than most other jewelry companies. Good tanzanite is difficult to find in any jewelry store, much less the triple and quad graded stones at such good prices. I am a tanzanite junkie, unfortunately! Just be certain you like what you purchase if it's under $200.00. Over that cost, there's no problem with returns.

horsearound1292292345.82375 PostsRegistered 4/18/2010

I have purchased several items through their online auction and online store. Many of their pieces are unbelievably reasonable, as well as beautiful. I, too, have returned two or three items which were received broken. My CC was credited, no questions asked. A couple of times they called to say they wouldn't send the item because it didn't pass quality control. Still, I buy knowing I can't return the items, which is okay. Every once in a while, they will have free shipping or 99 cents shipping. That's when I buy stuff I've had my eye on. You can sure build your jewelry wardrobe in a hurry, and their pieces are unusual. My sister can't believe what I have paid for my jewelry. I say go for it!

Megpal271292374421.19729 PostsRegistered 10/13/2006Wisconsin

I purchased from them back when they were the Jewelry Channel also. I was happy with the items I got, although if I wasn't able to return something I wouldn't purchase from them. Back when I ordered from them before, you could.

Hope you like your stuff!

Megan

Page 1 of 1