Fall Fashion Clearance
125 Members and 17153 Guests Online

Jewelry Talk

DMQ watches - I'm impressed!

Started 1343313216.92 in Jewelry Talk | Last reply 1343334836.783 by Retired08

In 2008 I purchased a TSV - a diamonique silvertone tank watch. I think it was just under $100 and I didn't expect much. I loved the look of it on TV but I figured any watch that wasn't at least $700+ wasn't worth much by way of excellent quality. Yes, I was one of those people that assumed if it cost more it was for a darn good reason. I was 25 at the time..give me a break. This DMQ watch has held up beautifully - I've had it for 4 solid years, I have not been gentle or kind to this watch, it's been submerged in running water quite a few times and I've only had to replace the watch battery twice. The thing still looks AMAZING and the diamonique side stones look great too.

Now my 30th bday is coming up and I wanted a new watch. Similar style to the tank (and I would be getting another one if they still made it) but I wanted to go BIG with my purchase. I was looking at Tags, Frederique, Bulova, Movado, etc. I almost put $1050 down yesterday for a watch....until they told me it only came with a limited 2 year warranty. 2 years? My $80 DMQ watch has lasted me 4 years with no issues.

Perhaps turning 30 isn't a time to spend a fortune on myself...perhaps it's now time I start making better decisions.

To wrap this up....I'm not getting some expensive watch that looks cheaper than my DMQ and probably performs just as well. I highly recommend these watches!

Page 1 of 1
LucyGoose1343313798.4173290 PostsRegistered 4/19/2012USA

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I've always loved the look of expensive watches, but I've never bought one (and I'm almost 38). It's nice to know that you can still get quality without having to spend thousands of dollars.

Your tag line here

Sammi D134331416221 PostsRegistered 2/26/2008

Yea I'm finding this out now LucyGoose. Of course nobody is saying those expensive watches aren't of good quality but I've seen my dad buy a very well-known high-end watch Starts with R ends with olex and it was rendered useless after 20 years even though they have a lifetime warranty (yea....their lifetime warranty is actually full of little loopholes.)

Watches are going to all die on us eventually....so you might as well buy something that looks good and comes with a fair pricetag. This is why I feel happy with DMQ. I don't have to feel guilty for paying out the nose for a watch that *might be on the fritz in a few years time.

Fluffy_21343314952.8832704 PostsRegistered 5/22/2012+7803 posts since Aug. 2009

I like watches on guys (expensive ones). Since they don't wear too much jewelry in general, watches are fine for them, IMO . But myself I rather put on cool bracelets and more fun jewelry. I don't wear business suits , so watches don't work with my funky youthful outfits.

"Don't be afraid of perfection. You will never attain it!" Salvador Dalí.

happy hous­ewife1343315049.2730543 PostsRegistered 1/4/2007

One of my first purchases from QVC was a tank style watch that has accents of gold on a silver watch. I have had it somewhere around 20 years now and it has never required any more repair than a change in batteries.I have paid much more for Joan Rivers watches that did break and couldn't be repaired. My DMQ watch is also a tank style and has stones down the sides. I have never bought anything from DMQ that was poor quality.My DMG watch gets a lot of use as well since it is two toned.

When faced with senseless drama, spiteful criticism or misguided opinions walking away is the best way to defend yourself.To respond with anger is an endorsement of their attitude. -Dodinsky

Retired081343315555.5675297 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008 Beautiful Coastal Georgia

Sammi D

What a wise young woman you are!! Of course it's nice to have expensive jewelry, but not at the expense of more important things in your life. My daughter is struggling to pay off credit cards right now because she too wanted the biggest and the best when she was younger. She would be the first to tell you that you are acting wisely. Good job!

What you put into the lives of others comes back into your own.

Sammi D1343316222.4621 PostsRegistered 2/26/2008
On 7/26/2012 Retired08 said:

Sammi D

What a wise young woman you are!! Of course it's nice to have expensive jewelry, but not at the expense of more important things in your life. My daughter is struggling to pay off credit cards right now because she too wanted the biggest and the best when she was younger. She would be the first to tell you that you are acting wisely.

^^^^ I totally understand what your daughter went through. I'm finally close to paying off all my debts and those debts came from my "bigger and better" twenties.

I love the high I get when someone compliments me on my watch or mistakes it for a super expensive brand and I say "nope - got it from QVC!"

MarthaStew­ardess1343316398.867220 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006

I have a pretty DMQ watch that I bought ten years or so ago. I don't wear it too often, as I'm not really into watched that much lol and tend to wear the same one all the time. The only complaint I have with the DMQ watch is the DMQ lettering on the face. LOL, they go on and on about how you can't tell the difference between diamonique and the "real thing", but then they go and put DMQ on the face of the watch!

Sammi D1343316837.5221 PostsRegistered 2/26/2008
On 7/26/2012 MarthaStewardess said:

I have a pretty DMQ watch that I bought ten years or so ago. I don't wear it too often, as I'm not really into watched that much lol and tend to wear the same one all the time. The only complaint I have with the DMQ watch is the DMQ lettering on the face. LOL, they go on and on about how you can't tell the difference between diamonique and the "real thing", but then they go and put DMQ on the face of the watch!

I agree with you on that.....but....the good thing is that DMQ isn't really known to many people. Some people assumed DMQ was the designer or the movement (such as a DMQ movement as opposed to quartz movement.) At least it's somewhat discreet.

PuppyBreath1343327970.3918668 PostsRegistered 1/10/2007Mn. Twins Fan
On 7/26/2012 Sammi D said:
On 7/26/2012 MarthaStewardess said:

I agree with you on that.....but....the good thing is that DMQ isn't really known to many people. Some people assumed DMQ was the designer or the movement (such as a DMQ movement as opposed to quartz movement.) At least it's somewhat discreet.

I dont think the DMQ is discreet enough. That is what has stopped me from ordering, and I have seen some beautiful ones offered. If the DMQ was omitted altogether, I would order.

Puppy

Please support Pancreatic Cancer Research.

My favorite breed is Rescued.

Retired081343334836.7835297 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008 Beautiful Coastal Georgia
On 7/26/2012 Sammi D said:
On 7/26/2012 Retired08 said:

Sammi D

What a wise young woman you are!! Of course it's nice to have expensive jewelry, but not at the expense of more important things in your life. My daughter is struggling to pay off credit cards right now because she too wanted the biggest and the best when she was younger. She would be the first to tell you that you are acting wisely.

^^^^ I totally understand what your daughter went through. I'm finally close to paying off all my debts and those debts came from my "bigger and better" twenties.

I love the high I get when someone compliments me on my watch or mistakes it for a super expensive brand and I say "nope - got it from QVC!"

You should also enjoy the "high" as a compliment to your character. You've obviously got a good head on your shoulders. Good job!

What you put into the lives of others comes back into your own.

Page 1 of 1