Better Than Black Friday
131 Members and 15420 Guests Online

Jewelry Talk

Allergic to stainless steel jewelry

Started 1337369678.41 in Jewelry Talk | Last reply 1337376883.623 by BeautifulLavenderRose
replies

Just curious, is anyone allergic to stainless steel jewelry? I have recently found out I’m allergic to stainless steel jewelry now. A SBD necklace has given me a bad case of contact dermatitis.

Page 1 of 1
Cardamom1337372251.296951 PostsRegistered 6/24/2006

I am allergic to nickel. Antonella always says SBD is nickel free but every watch case-back that is labeled stainless steel breaks me out. Actually, it's more like a deep painful burn so I have never tried SBD.

Are you allergic to any silver? I try to buy stuff made in Italy because I believe they do not use nickel there. Veronese and Ultrafine are both nickel free lines and made in Italy.

If you are having problems with watches I highly recommend Isaac Mizrathi's ceramic watch. God bless him {#emotions_dlg.wub} he made the case back ceramic and not stainless steel.

DeltaOne1337374263.462204 PostsRegistered 12/19/2006

Yes, I'm allergic, too. I can only wear sterling silver or 14kt or 18kt gold. I can wear vermeil if it's gold over silver, but not if it's gold over mystery metal. So I've never been able to buy "costume" jewelry.

BeautifulL­avenderRose1337376883.62342 PostsRegistered 7/10/2011
On 5/18/2012 IheartGoldens said:

I am allergic to nickel. Antonella always says SBD is nickel free but every watch case-back that is labeled stainless steel breaks me out. Actually, it's more like a deep painful burn so I have never tried SBD.

Are you allergic to any silver? I try to buy stuff made in Italy because I believe they do not use nickel there. Veronese and Ultrafine are both nickel free lines and made in Italy.

If you are having problems with watches I highly recommend Isaac Mizrathi's ceramic watch. God bless him {#emotions_dlg.wub} he made the case back ceramic and not stainless steel.

I’m not allergic to sterling silver or gold- love my silver. I rarely wear a watch. What few pieces of stainless steel I do have, will have a new home in the trash.

This blasted rash is painful and uncomfortable.

Page 1 of 1