A Day of Vicenza Style(R)
125 Members and 12678 Guests Online

Jewelry Talk

Pandora vs. Trollbeads

Started 1323548140.75 in Jewelry Talk | Last reply 1323782596.037 by Mikeylann

I have had Pandora charms for years, but am now seeing Troll Beads advertised everywhere. What is the real difference between them??? TIA

Page 1 of 1
gigot1323552781.8575299 PostsRegistered 10/22/2010

Troll-beads was the start in 1976,still family run although incorporated,and is especially picky and fussy,IMO,about who are the sellers and stand usually unconditionally, with receipt, for a lifetime, with the line. Just google both and you can see the difference imm. between all the lines. It is just a matter of taste and I prefer Troll-beads{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} as they are the original,are worth unbelievable amounts for retired and unique beads on the secondary market(all become retired at some point), made in Denmark,have beautiful but earthy,Danish feel,have well-known private artists who are legendary doing the designing,their bracelet accepts most other brands and now they are making new beads in a separate category to fit the other lines.Wink They came out with a line of pure amber,some carved, beads, that are magnificent. Every bead is different, while the other lines are more mass-produced in Thailand. I have to admit that with some of the other lines not allowing other beads from different lines to fit screams corporate or greedy to me. The line from Kay is especially gaudy and not worth the price IMO. Check out what you like once you have visited the sites. By the way, Trollies have clubs, fests,and all sorts of world-wide events and causes. Nice group. Good luck and enjoy your decision if buying! P.S. Check out the top seller of Troll-beads in Ma.-they come up right away and state they are the no.1;check out their line of inspirational bracelets and remember the dealer will spend hours with you designing a bracelet similar but much cheaper. Their website is gorgeous!

lboone1323563304.3071140 PostsRegistered 9/7/2007Winterville, GA

I prefer Trollbeads as well, they look more "organic" to me. More oxidation. Also, pretty much all other beads will fit on the Troll bracelets, not the case with the other lines bracelets.

Lisa

"To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music, no choreography and the dancers hit each other." -Jack Handey

MindaBunny­7281323566515513 PostsRegistered 1/16/2008

Another vote for Trollbeads! I actually bought a Pandora and a Chamila, and returned both for different reasons. Trollbeads was my last try. I put some JR charms on it, and think they mix in nicely with the oxidation. The best part for me is that the bracelet is extremely strong and beautiful, and with the double clasp, you don't have to worry about the beads falling off while you're fastening your bracelet. It's quickly becoming an addiction of mine though... need to stay off a particular website that offers me points each time I buy! I think they have an excellent selection of beads too, and love the artistry and perfection of each one I've bought so far.

"A dog naps so much because it loves so hard!" -Unknown

gigot1323566722.2835299 PostsRegistered 10/22/2010
On 12/10/2011 MindaBunny728 said:

Another vote for Trollbeads! I actually bought a Pandora and a Chamila, and returned both for different reasons. Trollbeads was my last try. I put some JR charms on it, and think they mix in nicely with the oxidation. The best part for me is that the bracelet is extremely strong and beautiful, and with the double clasp, you don't have to worry about the beads falling off while you're fastening your bracelet. It's quickly becoming an addiction of mine though... need to stay off a particular website that offers me points each time I buy! I think they have an excellent selection of beads too, and love the artistry and perfection of each one I've bought so far.

Give it up Bunny or pick your weapon!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

gigot1323568601.4375299 PostsRegistered 10/22/2010

Which site with the points Bunny????? Pretty please??? Is it Trollbeadsgallery.com? There is a lady coming back from Denmark soon who runs that forum I am told and they are a great bunch as new to them. I give my locals the business and get retired beads from them. Did you see the red glass retired berry? Got two cheap and almost fell over when I got them. Like real red raspberries-the color and feel!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Any leads on trollstones? They have them but not the ones I want. Getting the amber with large earth bead with leather for hub-he loves them!

tobias1323615990.7832166 PostsRegistered 8/29/2007longisland

Do trollbeads fit on chamilia bracelets? i have a pandora (filled) and two chamilia (one filled one not filled) noticed some cute troll beads. Will they fit on a chamilia bracelet..thanks tobi

formerly poohbear

MindaBunny­7281323623899.237513 PostsRegistered 1/16/2008

gigot-

Hope this doesn't get zapped... it's ordertrollbeads.com. They come from Blue Ridge Mining in NC. No tax, no shipping, and it takes me three days to get an order in OH. I stumbled upon it by accident one day when looking at my account and orders. I bought a bracelet, clasp, and like 4 or 5 beads and had $12 in rewards.... so, of course I had to get another bead LOL! My very first order they called me the next day because the clasp I originally ordered wasn't in stock since they just had a trunk sale. They wanted to know if it was a gift and if I needed it right away, or if I wanted a different clasp.. that was very nice of them, and I just ordered a different clasp. Had my order 2 days later.. I have now had 6 orders from them (much to DH's chagrin), and highly recommend them.

"A dog naps so much because it loves so hard!" -Unknown

gigot1323662398.4735299 PostsRegistered 10/22/2010
On 12/11/2011 tobias said:

Do trollbeads fit on chamilia bracelets? i have a pandora (filled) and two chamilia (one filled one not filled) noticed some cute troll beads. Will they fit on a chamilia bracelet..thanks tobi

Not sure but I know their bracelets take most beads and my dealer locally carries both so maybe. Call a trollbead dealer and I know that on Trollbeads.com which is a big jewelry outfit in Ma.,they are advertising a new line of beads that are universal for all bracelets. Check it out. They are excellent by the way with service!

gigot1323662701.7835299 PostsRegistered 10/22/2010

Thanks bunny!!! You are a bunny!! I saw a gold inspiration bracelet on a flyer that was called "Bliss" and "Morocan Nights"-beautiful but not paying for the gold in the bliss one. Check them out. Each is gorgeous in their own way.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

blahblahva­mpemerblah1323663302.1276162 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

My personal thought is to buy beads that you like as long as they'll fit on your bracelet. Some of my favorites are by small makers on Etsy, and they're cheaper, too. I've found great sterling beads from Chamilia and Pandora, but when it comes to glass, I think Chamilia wipes the floor with the other brands. Pandora, Kay and some of the others are a little too bland, and Trollbeads are the ones I wouldn't get at all. The other companies will use actual colored glass but some of TB's are painted and then covered in a casing of clear glass. I have three like that, and I could kick myself for not bothering to return them.

In short, buy what you like.

Yeah, FINALLY!!!!! Run Trey, run!

gigot1323740027.3275299 PostsRegistered 10/22/2010

Blah, tried Etsy and liked one artist from G.B. and some in Az. as I have a few ideas as to my next one-saw some beads that are real gemstones and some others. Will be great with my Trolls.Thanks!

Abby Grace1323740774.0231220 PostsRegistered 6/12/2011

Have to admit to being a Troll girl. They are beautiful, the bracelets are strong & I've never had any issues.

faeriemoon21323780565.8536583 PostsRegistered 1/7/2009

Trollbeads here too. I think they have a more artistic feel to them. I have three completed bracelets and I wear them often. I think Trollbeads are less "faddish" than the other lines.

"I'm not crazy; my mother had me tested." ~ Sheldon Cooper ~

Mikeylann1323782596.037582 PostsRegistered 1/14/2007
On 12/11/2011 tobias said:

Hi tobias.

I am hardley ever on here but I read alot.

I am an avid "Bead Queen"!! I collect Trollbeads, Pandora, and Chamilia. All three have their own unique personality.

I usually only wear one designer at a time though. (have far too many to wear all at onceWink{#emotions_dlg.blushing})

I will say that out of all of them, I have found that pretty much all of the beads will fit on a Trollbeads bracelet. However...Alot of the older, original, classic Trollbeads will not fit on the Chamilia and Pandora bracelets. You have to be able to get the bead to slide or thread/scr*w onto the Pandora and Chamilia bracelets. Most of their beads are threaded on the inside so the endcaps on the bracelets have the same threading. And Pandora's bracelets actually have 2 threaded stations on their bracelet that you can put clips on, and space your beads out. The clips keep the beads in 3 different sections.

And like another post said, Trollbeads are now making what they call 'universal' beads that will fit on other brands.

Chamilia does sell a bangle style bracelet that the end cap threads off and the beads just slide right on. I have found that...so far... all the beads I have ever bought fit on that one.

Each Brand has their own look and feel.

But...be warned! It will become an addiction. Once you start...it's all over. Your hooked. lolWink

Enjoy...And Happy Holidays!

Mikeylann

Page 1 of 1