Give Gorgeous
20 Members and 10999 Guests Online

Jewelry Talk

ETERNA GOLD

Started 1321416422.98 in Jewelry Talk | Last reply 1321497478.363 by ennui
replies

I am very distraught after speaking with a customer service rep that my eterna gold necklas that I purchased in 2004 does NOT have a lifetime warranty. Eterna Gold has alway been guarranteed against dings dents etc. I only buy it for that reason. Has anyone else had problem with ETERNA GOld. If you have not had an issue then please do not buy it. You will end up spending money on junk instead of a investment.

Cathy

Page 1 of 1
CaChica1321427684.425895 PostsRegistered 1/13/2006

Your first post on the jewelry forum is a little confusing...

All Leach and Garner's Eternagold sold on QVC falls under their warranty. Do you have a receipt for your purchase? Are you sure it is Eternagold? If it is marked '14K EG', it's covered under the warranty.

daisy41321432600.7271505 PostsRegistered 6/8/2006

If you bring up an Eternagold product on-line the warranty will be stated on the bottom of the description. I think you have to contact them directly -not QVC.

sfnative1321462649.8175686 PostsRegistered 4/23/2007Portland, OR

I think one of the things this speaks to is that Eternagold, as used in designs sold on QVC, generally does not hold up well under the stresses of every day life. After having purchased a replacement wedding band, wide-ish with circles (described as similar to Scandinavian designer work), and worn it for 6 months, it became bent out of its circular shape very badly after I had manhandled a gurney at work. Since this was my fault, no replacement.

And, I also had an issue with the clasp of a simple marine link bracelet - required two people to put it on - I won't purchase Eternagold again, though I still love my 3/8" wide gold hoop earrings.

San Francisco Giants
2014 World Series Champs!

millieshops1321463201.5615139 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007

I love my EG - won't buy anything else for everyday wear. All of my go-to hoops are EG, yellow in several sizes as well as one white, EG bangles whuich have held up perfectly, and several EG chains.

I've had other gold pieces into the jeweler for repairs, but never an EG piece, and I'm hoping my luck continues.

CaChica1321465646.065895 PostsRegistered 1/13/2006
On 11/16/2011 millieshops said:

I love my EG - won't buy anything else for everyday wear. All of my go-to hoops are EG, yellow in several sizes as well as one white, EG bangles whuich have held up perfectly, and several EG chains.

I've had other gold pieces into the jeweler for repairs, but never an EG piece, and I'm hoping my luck continues.

I feel the same way as millieshops does about my EG. It's is unfortunate that so many have had problems. I have never had a problem that could not be repaired or replaced by Aurafin (the co. which does repairs for L&G's Eternagold).

CaChica1321465930.35895 PostsRegistered 1/13/2006
On 11/16/2011 sfnative said:

I think one of the things this speaks to is that Eternagold, as used in designs sold on QVC, generally does not hold up well under the stresses of every day life. After having purchased a replacement wedding band, wide-ish with circles (described as similar to Scandinavian designer work), and worn it for 6 months, it became bent out of its circular shape very badly after I had manhandled a gurney at work. Since this was my fault, no replacement.

And, I also had an issue with the clasp of a simple marine link bracelet - required two people to put it on - I won't purchase Eternagold again, though I still love my 3/8" wide gold hoop earrings.

Who told you 'no replacement', for your ring, Aurafin? I would track down Leach and Garner's address and send Ted Leach a letter (with a picture of the damaged ring) with signature receipt or tracking that the Post Office offers. EG is supposed to be 'the gold you live in', and you are supposed to be able to play the drums, garden in it, etc. We put our trust into what Ted states on air and spend our hard earned money on EG.

Here is the addr:

Leach & Garner CO
Leach & Garner Company, General Findings
57 John Dietsch Square

North Attleboro, MA 02763-1027

Last edited on 11/16/2011

Last edited on 11/16/2011

CalmInTheH­eart1321483954.8537313 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007

Did you call Eternagold or Q's customer service? Q can't do anything but EG can. Find their phone number (I know it's on Q's website somewhere) and call.

Peace

ennui1321497478.36319957 PostsRegistered 4/17/2007
On 11/16/2011 OceanMst said:

Your first post on the jewelry forum is a little confusing...

All Leach and Garner's Eternagold sold on QVC falls under their warranty. Do you have a receipt for your purchase? Are you sure it is Eternagold? If it is marked '14K EG', it's covered under the warranty.

Cathy's first post is a complaint. She hasn't returned to this topic. Do the math.

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." ~ Robert Brault

Page 1 of 1