TSV(R) Preview
76 Members and 13479 Guests Online

Jewelry Talk

Gem Shopping Network

Started 1266509759 in Jewelry Talk | Last reply 1266530024 by imluckylady
replies
For those of you who watch Direct TV what do you think of this channel. they seem to have beautiful pieces but I think that if I was prepared to spend $10,000 or more on a piece of jewelry that I would not be buying it from a TV channel. I also have never heard of their grading of gem stones as Top Gem Quality, World Class or Museum Quality. What is that supposed to mean? Is that they way gems (other than diamonds) are graded? It sounds like some made up grading scale that they use.

Deep inside me is a skinny woman crying to get out. I can usually shut her up with cookies!!

Page 1 of 1
Margo Chan­ning126652700313444 PostsRegistered 11/29/2007
> For those of you who watch Direct TV what do you
> think of this channel. they seem to have beautiful
> pieces but I think that if I was prepared to spend
> $10,000 or more on a piece of jewelry that I would
> not be buying it from a TV channel. I also have
> never heard of their grading of gem stones as Top Gem
> Quality, World Class or Museum Quality. What is that
> supposed to mean? Is that they way gems (other than
> diamonds) are graded? It sounds like some made up
> grading scale that they use.
I have purchase from this station. It really depends on the vendor you choose. Mike and Sam are great--their items have been exactly as stated. They stand by their products if you have an issue. Steve is snotty and condescending and touts all his merchandise as 'Top Gem World Class". It's just an expression--it means nothing. They do, however, have an appraisal with some higher end items which is handy for insurance purposes. I have heard of some disappointment with some items from other vendors they feature.
I have to say MOST of their items are above average. They have a policy of requiring prior authorization before returning anything. Also {and this is major and a reason I don't do more business with them}--they hold your money and don't release it to your cc for at least 60 days. I once returned something that they received in mid- January and didn't get credit until mid-April. This at times is a deal breaker.
--
Sonny Bono, get off my lanai
--
Edited by edinAMONSOON at 02/18/2010 12:04 PM PST

Last edited on 2/18/2010

It's not the typing, it's arthritis.
NO-ONE puts Leisle in the corner
#BRING OUR GIRLS HOME

depglass126652733924293 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006
I didn't know those guys were outside vendors, I thought they all worked for Frank. They have some beautiful pieces, perhaps if I win the lottery . . . This is my candy store channel.

imluckylady1266528456636 PostsRegistered 2/8/2010
I have purchased a few items from this channel and have been very pleased with the quality and value. Everything has appraised much, much higher than the purchase price. I haven't had to return anything yet but thanks, edinAMONSOON, for the heads-up. That doesn't sound like a very customer-friendly return polcy. depglass - I agree with the candy store comment!! LL

Margo Chan­ning126652897113444 PostsRegistered 11/29/2007
> I didn't know those guys were outside vendors, I
> thought they all worked for Frank. They have some
> beautiful pieces, perhaps if I win the lottery . . .
>; This is my candy store channel.
My usband thinks it's my P O RN channel!!!!!!
--
Sonny Bono, get off my lanai

It's not the typing, it's arthritis.
NO-ONE puts Leisle in the corner
#BRING OUR GIRLS HOME

imluckylady1266530024636 PostsRegistered 2/8/2010
When my DH walks thru while I'm watching he has one of two reactions - "where would you ever wear that?" and "did you win the lottery and not tell me?"!!! I especially like it when they present loose gemstones and potential settings. Can't afford the HE items (or not so HE) but love to look!!! LL

Page 1 of 1