Shoes & Handbags Offers
172 Members and 14406 Guests Online

Jewelry Talk

Once and for all, what is the deal with Eterna Gold?

Started 1263490672 in Jewelry Talk | Last reply 1277307163.57 by Sandykate
I just read another thread where a jeweler said Eterna Gold was not real gold. I've read so many threads on people not being able to sell it to refiners. Yet no one has provided proof (not that I've read, anyway) that any of this is true. I just can't believe QVC would allow this company to sell on their channel year after year if there is a grain of truth to any of this. I don't plan on cashing in my gold, but I'd like to know my cherished pieces are real. All this gossip has colored my buying decisions and I haven't considered any Eterna Gold lately.
--
Edited by depglass at 01/14/2010 8:38 AM PST

Page 1 of 1
esmeraldag­ooch126349320611959 PostsRegistered 1/7/2008Adopt a Rescue Pet, who rescues who?
depglass, I went back and found this for you.. Hope it helps.
http://tinyurl.com/ykobayj
--
EZZY
Make Peace With Your Past So It Won't S-c-r-e-w Up The Present.

People are meant to be loved and things are designed to be used. The problem today is, things are being loved and people are being used. Lets change that.... G.Beck

depglass126349831923723 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006
Thank you Ezzy. I know I can always count on you for help with jewelry. I had posted near the beginning of that thread but obviously I was gone for a couple days and never finished reading the end of it. My mind is at ease about my Eterna Gold pieces.

qvcaddition12635000405512 PostsRegistered 6/30/2007
That is what two jewelers told me. That allegedly EG not real gold. One piece I have from the Q that says 14k, was not gold at all when they weighed it. This was not an EG piece. It was the lily enhancer sold a couple three years ago. I never wore it, so was selling it, and they said not real gold.
A lot of my EG pieces broke on the wiring. The bracelets. I sent a couple back and the new ones they sent to replace because the guarantee dept. never sent back what I sent, also broke. I do not IMO think it is good gold. I still call it gold because I am not a jeweler to say different.

CamilleP12635006833371 PostsRegistered 8/1/2007Oregon
It is good to know that US Goldbuyers did not reject one person's Eternagold scrap, thanks for finding that thread, Ezzy.
I suspect that something that Aurafin uses in it's alloy that lets the company claim superior hardness/durability/dent resistance causes the "spot tests" that some jewelers use to test funky somehow. I hope that the person who sent their broken anklet to the Q for testing eventually finds out what the story is on that piece, and is able to post the results on that thread, or a new one, so that we can all put to rest any concerns we have regarding the gold content of Eternagold.

CalmInTheH­eart12635118787048 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007
I've never had a problem selling eternagold.
--
Peace

Peace

CaChica12635229345895 PostsRegistered 1/13/2006
;-)I've never had a problem buying eternagold.

glassbylin­da1263565163100 PostsRegistered 11/8/2007
I really do love my EG jewelry, but I just get annoyed when during presentations they say how it does not dent or scratch. It is just not true....
A couple months ago, I purchased the LUX bracelet....I am not hard on jewelry, but noticed a few weeks ago I had 3 huge dents in it.
So I just sent it back to QVC under the Holiday return policy. Decided not to send back to EG for replacement, what is the point? If I get a new one..the same thing will happen. I loved that bracelet..but did not want to have to worry about it every time I wore it. I have a few necklaces and earrings...but will not buy EG bangles again.
I do believe their stuff is "real gold" But then I don't buy it with the intent of selling it for scrap.
Would like to see EG on the next presentation address why scrap companies are turning some pieces away.....
Will continue to buy EG, because I like the fact if a necklace breaks, I can send it in for repair or replacement....not many places give that deal.........

miss_Moria12636014555537 PostsRegistered 4/15/2009Somewhere between Shangri La and Heaven
I sold all of my EG pieces and my gold dealer took them with no questions.
--
The spiritual journey we were on wasn't about finding answers. It was about understanding the questions. Once you think you have the answers, you stop growing. Yet if you keep exploring, seeking, and opening your mind, you'll find that the learning never stops. Patrick Swayze

All we are is the result of what we have thought. Buddha

HallieD1263602985814 PostsRegistered 5/30/2009
I sold of bunch of Eternagold last week and all of it [bangle, chain, 6 pair or earrings] were 100% gold.

Sandykate1277307163.54328 PostsRegistered 6/23/2010

I have several Eterna gold pieces that I've had for several years. All of them have lost their luster, which is why I haven't bought any more.

I don't doubt that the jewelry is gold, but I do believe that whatever "secret" alloy this company uses does break down over time, which, I believe, the company knows to expect, and is the reason for their "lifetime warranty."

Last edited on 6/23/2010

Last edited on 6/23/2010

Page 1 of 1