Creede Silver Sale
123 Members and 11489 Guests Online

Jewelry Talk

color difference between rose gold and copper?

Started 1263236825 in Jewelry Talk | Last reply 1263422387 by blueroses47
hi I just recieved my veronese rosegold bangle. Love the look of it, but when i opened it up, i thought, gee, it looks kind of like copper. I have ordered rose drop earrings, and never even thought of that. so i've been thinking. what do you think the color difference really is? I realize that copper will get a patina, and the gold not. I don't want anyone thinking i might be wearing a cheap copper braclet. (swoon) btw item is j141091. help me figure this out please

Page 1 of 1
ennui126323747919957 PostsRegistered 4/17/2007
Rose gold is made with copper, so the color range is a matter of degree. Rose gold should be a blush color, copper is definitely reddish.

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." ~ Robert Brault

stevieb126324089929038 PostsRegistered 11/4/2007
I don't care for rose gold. I bought one item in rose (a ring) and when it arrived it looked like a piece of copper piping. I prefer yellow and white by far to rose.

Cardamom12632422176791 PostsRegistered 6/24/2006
One is beautiful like white zinfandel wine - rose gold. The other like a penny.

CalmInTheH­eart12632508257161 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007
If the alloys are correctly mixed, it'll be rose colored. But sometimes I thing rose gold can be too coppery. I'm pretty picky.
--
Peace

Peace

Roxxie126325099944 PostsRegistered 5/19/2006San Francisco, CA
Rose Gold is pink
Copper is orange/brown

biancardi126325117147036 PostsRegistered 11/7/2005
I have this bracelet in rose gold as well. It is a perfect match to my art deco/retro rose gold pieces from the 1940's and 1950's.
this is not a coppery bracelet. Unless you got a dud. I ordered another one, as I think it would look fantastic with my diamond rose gold bracelet in the middle.
--
who can resist a cinnamon stick in their holiday bag? I know I CAN'T

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair. Douglas Adams

autumnfaire12632692064933 PostsRegistered 8/1/2005
Several years back, QVC offered a DMQ scatter stone ring in rose and it was the most beautiful pink tone! I have never seen anything like it again :( I don't like the coppery look.

Margo Chan­ning126327058413352 PostsRegistered 11/29/2007
I love rose gold when it has a pink hue-- I have some really pretty "estate" pieces and one BEAUTIFUL rose gold diamonique bow ring. But I'm really particular about the color and won't hesitate to return something I don't like.
--
Sonny Bono get off my lanai
Proud Volunteer in the Armitage Army
I feel like I'm in a dream...but it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers.

It's not the typing, it's arthritis.
NO-ONE puts Leisle in the corner
BRING OUR GIRLS HOME

Ms Lorraine12632714214171 PostsRegistered 6/9/2008
That's why I don't like rose gold; I've never seen one that isn't too coppery for my taste.
If I want copper, I'll buy copper, and I'll bet the price is much less than "rose" gold (they really should calll it coppery gold).

FrankieKay1263271492943 PostsRegistered 9/5/2008
I have the rose gold Diamonique bow ring, as well.
It is soooo Pretty, I've had tons of compliments.
I Love Rose Gold, Love It!!
But, I agree, it should be a soft, pinky blush shade. Not too deep or brownish.

Margo Chan­ning126327244513352 PostsRegistered 11/29/2007
> I have the rose gold Diamonique bow ring, as well.
>
> It is soooo Pretty, I've had tons of compliments.
>
> I Love Rose Gold, Love It!!
>
> But, I agree, it should be a soft, pinky blush shade.
> Not too deep or brownish.
I wear mine on my index finger--a salute to the "tie a string around your finger to remember!". It looks great with my rose gold and platinum sapphire ring. That's about the only time I wear it....
--
Sonny Bono get off my lanai
Proud Volunteer in the Armitage Army
I feel like I'm in a dream...but it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers.

It's not the typing, it's arthritis.
NO-ONE puts Leisle in the corner
BRING OUR GIRLS HOME

AC MDX12632751811551 PostsRegistered 11/17/2005
I think rose gold has a little more pink to it.

esmeraldag­ooch126329043512051 PostsRegistered 1/7/2008Adopt a Rescue Pet, who rescues who?
I have many pieces of rose gold. Some antique some new. Different manufacturers use different alloy mixes to create their colors of rose. Some are a blush , some very copper. They are all 14k but dont match each other at all.
--
EZZY
Make Peace With Your Past So It Won't S-c-r-e-w Up The Present.

Faith is taking the first step even when you can't see the whole staircase.
Martin Luther King Jr.

cindychats126329209017559 PostsRegistered 6/2/2008
I think if it looks like copper to you and you are unhappy with it then send it back. Maybe exchange it. Maybe you got a dud like bianca said. It should be pinkish rose colored.
I have a pretty copper bracelet with a nice design I like for the "pain" relief aspect of it but when I want to wear real jewelry I wear real jewelry not copper that turns me green.
--
"Give me the beat boys to free my soul. I wanna get lost in your rock-n-roll and drift away."- Doby Gray

Desertdi126329715315846 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Surface of the Sun
Copper is the alloy used to tint gold "rose"

miss_Moria12634219785537 PostsRegistered 4/15/2009Somewhere between Shangri La and Heaven
For me personally I love anything in copper if it is good copper. I clean it easily and it keeps its glow with a good cleaning. I have a copper pearl necklace that I bought in Bisbee, AZ at a store and I get so many compliments on it. I'm glad I bought it then as copper is now very high in price.
--
The spiritual journey we were on wasn't about finding answers. It was about understanding the questions. Once you think you have the answers, you stop growing. Yet if you keep exploring, seeking, and opening your mind, you'll find that the learning never stops. Patrick Swayze

All we are is the result of what we have thought. Buddha

blueroses4712634223872141 PostsRegistered 9/1/2005Central NJ
> For me personally I love anything in copper if it is
> good copper. I clean it easily and it keeps its glow
> with a good cleaning. I have a copper pearl necklace
> that I bought in Bisbee, AZ at a store and I get so
> many compliments on it. I'm glad I bought it then as
> copper is now very high in price.
Your post reminds me of a bracelet I bought at a a very nice craft fair in NYC years ago. It's a very bold and detailed leaf design made in copper and brass, the leaves in copper and the stems in brass. It's one of my favorite pieces of jewelry.
I love copper and brass in jewelry.
I like rose gold, too, although I don't have much of it. The few pieces I have a really a pink, whereas the copper is of course more orangey, but still very pretty.

Page 1 of 1