TSV(R) Preview
30 Members and 16331 Guests Online

Jewelry Talk

Pandora charms

Started 1262102262 in Jewelry Talk | Last reply 1262369979 by nanapat
I got a Pandora bracelet for Christmas. Does anyone have one? Where do you buy your charms? They can be a bit expensive. I want silver and gold charms so I can wear it all the time. Are they ever on sale anywhere?

Page 1 of 1
mlw421262103013818 PostsRegistered 1/12/2009
Both my daughter & I have Pandora bracelets. I bought them in a very nice privately owned boutique. However, when we were shopping in our large mall at Christmas time,we saw that a new Pandora store had opened.....wow, we were thrilled. I also noticed some of the individually owned jewelry stores in the area have large signs in their windows stating they sell Pandora. Hope this helps & enjoy your bracelet. Almost forgot...to the best of my knowledge the charms never go on sale.

fridayschi­ld12621043112278 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
Chamilia and Prerogatives (QVC) charms will also fit your bracelet unless you want to keep it 'pure Pandora'. The gold charms are expensive. I found more than a few gold 'spinners' in my jewelry box that fortunately fit my Prerogatives bracelet. They wouldn't go over the threaded end on my Chamilia bracelet so I doubt that they would fit on a Pandora either. They do look stunning though!!!
Watch for trunk shows. I know Chamilia and Troll have them, not sure about Pandora. There is also a website that offers 10% off of purchases. It is belloparadiso dot com. I have not personally shopped with them YET, but many on this board have and say they are reliable. Have fun collecting!! It is seriously addicting!! ]:)
--
Socrates' Triple Filter Test:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it useful?

Socrates' Triple Filter: Is it true? Is it kind? Is it useful?

mdmc12621375531649 PostsRegistered 10/27/2007West Coast
I have also bought authentic charms off e-bay. You need to be careful though. What you want to look for is someone who states "Authentic Pandora" in their ad. I also send the seller a message asking specifically if these charms are Pandora. In 5 years I have only had one person say they were Pandora when they were not. I contacted e-bay and my money was refunded. If you do buy from someone, and like what you get make sure and bookmark them. I have gotten some great deals. Good luck

Clover29126213869210331 PostsRegistered 1/19/2008
If you want to see charms in person, they sell Pandora at Jared's. Sometimes it helps to *see* before buying.
I bought all mine via the internet though. Denmark Beads always seems to have free S&H, but never any discounts.
Last January I got lots of beads from individuals selling items they got for Christmas and didn't want (or were duplicates). They were happy to get half price for what were basically new, unworn beads.

crazy4bear­s551262145304737 PostsRegistered 1/15/2007
I have purchased several from the belloparadiso.com and more on ebay from sellers...haveabead and collectabead.
They are very reliable and I have also returned a couple back to them to exchange and once they even refunded my money. I returned them not because something was wrong with them, I just didn't like the color of a bead that had stones in them. It is hard to tell the colors from just a picture. But alot of spacers and silver with 14kt I have purchased. They also will combined your order and you just pay once shipping.

MY YORKIE126214699664 PostsRegistered 11/25/2009
I purchased my Pandora from Jared. I like seeing the beads in person. Sometimes Jared have special offers such as spend $200 on Pandora products and get a free tote bag.

PembrokeCo­rgiMom12621474871758 PostsRegistered 7/20/2009North Carolina
I saw some Pandora charms at Helzberg Diamond Stores before Christmas. I have no idea how much they were but they were pretty.

Phyllis (MOM and RN) and AJ (Pembroke Welsh Corgi-Red and White and Spoiled Rotten)

NicksMom12621520653180 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Philadelphia Suburbs, PA
I have one pandora bracelet and I'm starting my second one this week. It's very addicting, very expensive but very fun! I go to a Pandora store in my mall to get my beads.
--
~ the original NicksMom ~

~ the original NicksMom

franbeth1262152184347 PostsRegistered 4/20/2009Long Island, NY
Pandora also has an excellent website.

fridayschi­ld12621876992278 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
Anyone have the nerve to total up how much their bracelet is worth??? LOL I added some 14KT spinners (that were in my jewelry box collecting dust) so I'm not sure how much my totals are...LOL. A friend has a Pandora that she estimates is around $800.
--
Socrates' Triple Filter Test:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it useful?

Socrates' Triple Filter: Is it true? Is it kind? Is it useful?

mdmc12621970151649 PostsRegistered 10/27/2007West Coast
Just thought I would add. Helzberg has their own line of beads so I don't think they carry "Pandora"

violann126220122712292 PostsRegistered 12/12/2004
I think my son bought my Christmas gift charms from Helzberg. They are very pretty and the fit my Prerogatives bracelet.

I didn't come here to argue.- Peg Bracken

BonnieBelle126221281419258 PostsRegistered 4/13/2007
My daughter picked out as one of her Christmas presents the Pandora oxidized bracelet with the box clasp. She only likes the bracelet, she doesn't like the charms. I bought it at a local jewelry store.

tc75126221462529 PostsRegistered 12/30/2009
I'm new to the forums this is my first post. I love Pandora Beads, they are very addicting. You can purchase the beads at Michael's Jewelers Stores. I have purchased many on Ebay from a seller named Collectabead. They ship really quick too. We have a really nice boutique that sells them and they wrap them up really nice if they are gifts. Have fun collecting.

pringles21262215015241 PostsRegistered 2/27/2009
Pandora does have trunk shows.
I ran into a 30% off sale in a boutique that was clearing out certain beads that I assume were slow sellers.
Sometimes Pandora will have special offers: buy so much in merchandise and get something free or discounted.
The best thing to do is sign up at your local dealer and get on their e-mail/mailing list so you don't miss out on any special offers.

sophiesgmom126222286226 PostsRegistered 11/15/2009
I am new to the bead bracelet fun (and to the board) but if you aren't opposed to wearing other brands besides Pandora, there are a lot of beautiful and more affordable alternatives out there. I have a Biagi base bracelet, but have been buying Biagi, Zables, OHM, and Nagara beads (as well as Pandora). You all might want to check out Europeanbling.com, they carry OHM beads, Silvershake.com has Nagara (they have beautiful crystal work) and Biagistore.com has Biagi, Zables, Lovelinks and SimStars among others. I love yellow gold and the solid gold beads are just not in my price range but these brands have some beautiful vermeil beads to give you the same look for a lot less. I also like the idea of using artisan crafted lampwork beads such as what you find on etsy.com. I hope the 'beadies' will check these links out, you might get to finish your bracelet a lot sooner! ;-) This is indeed an addictive little hobby...I am still working on my first bracelet but already planning out one for my daughter as well as another for myself. Enjoy! :-x

TeenaR1262226070656 PostsRegistered 10/12/2009
I just got 3 charms for my braclet (now it's full) Kay Jewelers, Michaels Jewelers have a full line of silver, gold/silver, gold charms.

givemegold1262226725637 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
I have been collecting Pandora for 6 years now and I love love love them. Pandora doesn't have sales. They have trunk shows where they will offer incentives for purchasing a certain amount. For example, free bracelet with $100 or complimentary jewelry box with purchase totaling $100+... As someone already posted, belloparadiso offers a 10% discount and free shipping. Their service is great and fast! Lately, I have been getting beads from the Pandora shop at the Mall of America (online) because none of the shops near me are concept shops and didn't carry the new wooden beads that I wanted to give (and receive) for Christmas. Their shipping is also really fast.
If you don't know of any shops near you, you can always use the store locator on the Pandora bracelet official website.
Welcome to the wonderful world of Pandora!

smoochy12622306942516 PostsRegistered 10/8/2006pure Michigan!
I wear a Pandora with all Pandora beads except for four, which are from the Zable line. That is available in my area at Fred Meyer jewelers. For a combo (two tone) look, I would go with Zable beads/ theirs are gold plated hence much less expensive than Pandora gold beads. At the one jeweler around here that carries Pandora, they have a very occasional trunk show, but instead of discounting beads, they offer a free bracelet (basic, no beads included) with a $100 purchase. And they have a no return policy. :| You can sure tell they enjoy having the local Pandora market cornered. DH got me two Zable beads for Christmas, a blue enamelled butterfly and a pink enamelled heart bead. They are well made.
--
Lions and Tigers and Red Wings, oh my!
--
Edited by smoochy at 12/30/2009 6:39 PM PST

Last edited on 12/30/2009

zgirl12622376111032 PostsRegistered 5/5/2005
Nanapat, I also got one for Christmas. I have one charm. I am exicted to start collecting!
Ladies thanks for the tips regarding where to purchase the charms!
Zgirl

nanapat1262369979246 PostsRegistered 10/22/2005
Thanks ladies for all the suggestions. I have looked at some of the websites and now just have to make up my mind which ones I like best.....Happy New Year!!

Page 1 of 1