WEN by Chaz Dean
160 Members and 11268 Guests Online

Jewelry Talk

Stopper beads on a Pandora???

Started 1295549751.65 in Jewelry Talk | Last reply 1295669022.267 by gojo
replies

I have really grown to love this bracelet and just received two stopper beads. But, I wasn't given any directions as to how to put the stoppers on the bracelet, and I cannot get them on. Any ideas????TIA.

Page 1 of 1
Crazy for ­QVC1295559945.9378652 PostsRegistered 11/3/2007

My bracelet is kind of divided into 3rds, with two little ridges a couple of inches apart...I clipped my stoppers over the two ridges to keep the beads in the middle of the bracelet...

SugarBabyJ1295560326.12052 PostsRegistered 1/7/2008

I have two clips on my bracelet. The clips "snap" open (like the Pandora clasp, if that is the type of bracelet you have) and closed and are made to go on the above mentioned ridged areas. I've seen stopper (silicone inside) beads for other brands of add-a-bead bracelets, but never for Pandora bracelets.

sunnybrook1295629594.2032323 PostsRegistered 8/25/2005

Thank you very much for your replies. I phoned the company and, after the explanation of what stopper beads are for, I found out that what I really need is a lock. My bracelet isn't full yet, and it will be easier for me to deal with the lock rather than the stoppers right now. I am having such fun with this bracelet. I never thought this would be my kind of bracelet, but, IT IS!!!

Jeanne R1295630775.5634788 PostsRegistered 7/5/2010

i just placed an order yesterday, please let me have the directions as well

sunnybrook1295644518.822323 PostsRegistered 8/25/2005
On 1/21/2011 Jeanne R said:

i just placed an order yesterday, please let me have the directions as well

The first little "problem" you may have is actually opening the bracelet. What you do is place your fingernail into the divet that's in the original bracelet opener and just push down (pretty hard at first). That opens the bracelet.

The stoppers are lined with silicone. What you have to do is push them very, very hard over the opening of the bracelet The stoppers will hold a certain number of charms in place if that's what you want. I didn't want that because I KNOW I will want to move charms around, and I didn't want to go through trying to get those stoppers back off of the bracelet. So, the woman recommended a lock for the end of the bracelet that's open. The lock opens much easier yet keeps the charms from falling off when you open the bracelet to put it on.

HTH!!! Enjoy.

lisagale1295668703.753819 PostsRegistered 12/9/2010Foothills of the Smokies !!!

I didn't place my bead stoppers on mine until I had my bracelet complete with all the beads I wanted to add. After I collected all I wanted, I then placed my stoppers in the two middle sections and I was all done. Love Love my Pandora!!! I have a ton of money tied up in it but it is worth every penny. I like them because you personalize them yourself and make them your very own.

life is like a bull, grab it by the horns, hang on tight, and don't let go !!!!

gojo1295669022.253307 PostsRegistered 4/25/2006

I don't know what took me so long to get a Pandora..dh wanted to get me "one" or christmas - he picked out beads and so did I. By the time we were done I realized I had some pinks, reds, blues.......decided to start a second bracelet with blues.....well from December to January I've gotten the two bracelets almost filled. Gotta stay away from the jewelry stores for a while!

Page 1 of 1