TSV(R) Preview
142 Members and 11148 Guests Online

Jewelry Talk

Am I mistaken - Barry Ort ?

Started 1293560159.043 in Jewelry Talk | Last reply 1293577061.653 by Beebo

On Christmas day QVC ran videos, and one of them mentioned Barry. The host said Barry worked with Kenneth Jay Lane and Nolan Miller. I also thought I heard Lisa Robertson say "Stephen Dawkins" in one video clip, so either my old ears are not hearing properly or these were simply misstatements. But does one company produce both KJL and NM? Does anyone know? Thanks.

Page 1 of 1
ennui1293560310.0419957 PostsRegistered 4/17/2007

I don't have an answer, but I heard that, too. I'm guessing that Barry works with the factory that produces Nolan Miller jewelry?

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." ~ Robert Brault

bonnielu1293561031.2375808 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Western Maryland

I am sure that the manufacturers make more than one brand for the Q and they will not be revealing that anytime soon for the buying public.

ennui1293561133.1619957 PostsRegistered 4/17/2007

I always thought that Barry worked for Kenneth -- now I suspect that Barry works for QVC.

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." ~ Robert Brault

Sweet Susie1293563668.9572471 PostsRegistered 5/23/2007There and Back Again

The L.L. Knickerbocker Co. developed products and celebrity endorsement programs in 1990 that includes Kenneth Jay Lane, Nolan Miller, Marie Osmond porcelain collector dolls and Annette Funicello collectible bears along with many others. Google the company - it's interesting reading.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." Eleanor Roosevelt

star8261293564039.5712389 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Coastal Ripkaland bordering Bixbyville and Dawkinstown
On 12/28/2010 Sweet Susie said:

The L.L. Knickerbocker Co. developed products and celebrity endorsement programs in 1990 that includes Kenneth Jay Lane, Nolan Miller, Marie Osmond porcelain collector dolls and Annette Funicello collectible bears along with many others. Google the company - it's interesting reading.

Didn't Marie and Ex-hubby buy them out?

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know PEACE" ~ Jimi Hendrix

A helpful decision maker: Ask yourself, "What would Cher do?"

ibb381293564476.37712385 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I heard that- Barry and Nolan Miller. I figured they were just completely confused and messed up!

sher48591293565950.667810 PostsRegistered 8/7/2008Pa

I thought Barry Ort was with KJL and Marc Zunino was with Nolan Miller

Tomorrow is another day...

ibb381293569158.06312385 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 12/28/2010 sher4859 said:

I thought Barry Ort was with KJL and Marc Zunino was with Nolan Miller

ditto!

namealread­ytaken1293570725.2677740 PostsRegistered 7/13/2009

I caught that. It was Sandra Bennett, who said that he was VP of KJL and worked for Nolan Miller. I wondered if anyone from QVC had not seen/heard that and if so, why was it not edited? Also, there was a faux pas in Lisa's Christmas interview, and I forget what it was but it was huge, similar to Sandra's.

Last edited on 12/28/2010

Last edited on 12/28/2010

lboone1293573665.9771141 PostsRegistered 9/7/2007Winterville, GA
On 12/28/2010 Sweet Susie said:

The L.L. Knickerbocker Co. developed products and celebrity endorsement programs in 1990 that includes Kenneth Jay Lane, Nolan Miller, Marie Osmond porcelain collector dolls and Annette Funicello collectible bears along with many others. Google the company - it's interesting reading.

Very interesting.

Lisa

"To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music, no choreography and the dancers hit each other." -Jack Handey

namealread­ytaken1293574337.6877740 PostsRegistered 7/13/2009

Annette Funicello, a true American patriot and former Mouseketeer who was a one of the good girls, no Miley Cyrus, this one.

Zaksgrrl1293574535.4239844 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008In the sun but willing to go into the dark
On 12/28/2010 namealreadytaken said:

Annette Funicello, a true American patriot and former Mouseketeer who was a one of the good girls, no Miley Cyrus, this one.

a true American patriot? Isn't she the one in the beach movies from the 60's? Did she serve in Vietnam too? I don't get it.

Last edited on 12/28/2010

Last edited on 12/28/2010

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
When I get through this, I'm going to live the life of an adventurer.
Bear Grylls

Beebo1293574901.426959 PostsRegistered 4/13/2010
On 12/28/2010 sher4859 said:

I thought Barry Ort was with KJL and Marc Zunino was with Nolan Miller

I always thought that too, but I also heard on the Christmas programming that Barry Ort was with KJL and Nolan Miller.

namealread­ytaken1293574956.8877740 PostsRegistered 7/13/2009
On 12/28/2010 sailorgal said:
On 12/28/2010 namealreadytaken said:

Annette Funicello, a true American patriot and former Mouseketeer who was a one of the good girls, no Miley Cyrus, this one.

a true American patriot? Isn't she the one in the beach movies from the 60's? Did she serve in Vietnam too? I don't get it.

Last edited on 12/28/2010

Based on previous posts, like Kateplus8, you will "never get it."

Beebo1293576129.0636959 PostsRegistered 4/13/2010
On 12/28/2010 Sweet Susie said:

The L.L. Knickerbocker Co. developed products and celebrity endorsement programs in 1990 that includes Kenneth Jay Lane, Nolan Miller, Marie Osmond porcelain collector dolls and Annette Funicello collectible bears along with many others. Google the company - it's interesting reading.

It was an interesting read. I always associated the company with Annette Funicello Bears and Marie Osmond Dolls, but didn't realize about the jewelry lines. I noticed there were some other jewelry lines in addition to KJL and Nolan Miller mentioned that I remember being on QVC quite a few years ago

ennui1293576443.0519957 PostsRegistered 4/17/2007
On 12/28/2010 sailorgal said:
On 12/28/2010 namealreadytaken said:

Annette Funicello, a true American patriot and former Mouseketeer who was a one of the good girls, no Miley Cyrus, this one.

a true American patriot? Isn't she the one in the beach movies from the 60's? Did she serve in Vietnam too? I don't get it.

I didn't get it, either. I don't see any evidence of "patriot."

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." ~ Robert Brault

ennui1293576692.7719957 PostsRegistered 4/17/2007
On 12/28/2010 Beebo said:
On 12/28/2010 Sweet Susie said:

The L.L. Knickerbocker Co. developed products and celebrity endorsement programs in 1990 that includes Kenneth Jay Lane, Nolan Miller, Marie Osmond porcelain collector dolls and Annette Funicello collectible bears along with many others. Google the company - it's interesting reading.

It was an interesting read. I always associated the company with Annette Funicello Bears and Marie Osmond Dolls, but didn't realize about the jewelry lines. I noticed there were some other jewelry lines in addition to KJL and Nolan Miller mentioned that I remember being on QVC quite a few years ago

There's a press release about the jewelry company here.

I noticed Dennis Basso also got a mention. I remember when Mary McFadden was on QVC.

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." ~ Robert Brault

Beebo1293577061.656959 PostsRegistered 4/13/2010
On 12/28/2010 ennui said:
On 12/28/2010 Beebo said:
On 12/28/2010 Sweet Susie said:

The L.L. Knickerbocker Co. developed products and celebrity endorsement programs in 1990 that includes Kenneth Jay Lane, Nolan Miller, Marie Osmond porcelain collector dolls and Annette Funicello collectible bears along with many others. Google the company - it's interesting reading.

It was an interesting read. I always associated the company with Annette Funicello Bears and Marie Osmond Dolls, but didn't realize about the jewelry lines. I noticed there were some other jewelry lines in addition to KJL and Nolan Miller mentioned that I remember being on QVC quite a few years ago

There's a press release about the jewelry company here.

I noticed Dennis Basso also got a mention. I remember when Mary McFadden was on QVC.

I remember Mary McFadden too. I bought a dressy black beaded vest.

Page 1 of 1