The Joy of Christmas
114 Members and 6874 Guests Online

In the Garden

QVC canceled my daylilies

Started 1338937356.55 in In the Garden | Last reply 1339026264.54 by jackyl

I placed an order for the Roberta's 10 piece daylilies months ago. My credit card expired in April, so I updated my card information online prior to the end of the expiration. Little did I know that the lilies would be charged to the card that expired, not the updated information on file, so when it came time to ship, they canceled my order because my card wouldn't go through. No notification, they just canceled it. Now I have a 20 foot row of dirt worked up in my front yard where these flowers were going to go. I'm so disgusted at QVC for this. Just another lesson learned I guess. Ticks me off.

Page 1 of 1
Mary Bailey1338937661.0377271 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004sw of Chicago

I know it's frustrating but, IMO You probably dodged a bullet. The company doesn't have great reviews.

Try to get some daylillies from a local source. I over the years I've gotten them from Springhill (mail order) and Lowes & Home Depot. All with great results.

Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.
Just Remember that sometimes, the way you think about a person isn't the way they actually are. - John Green

glb6131338938681.2310949 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

If you want to mail order daylilies, try this place. It's local for me, has some of the prettiest daylilies and almost of of the ones in my flower beds are from them. They won't ship until fall but it's worth the wait.

Newbury Daylilies

JustJazzmom1338947681.52727805 PostsRegistered 11/12/2007My garden, of course!!

Try Gilbert H Wild and Son-- reputable. Look up the cultivar names and order accordingly.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼

kachina6241338947895.24315731 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004New Mexico
Go to eBay to buy your day lilies. You'll get much healthier plants for less shipping and faster too.

betteb1338948338.9616244 PostsRegistered 1/1/2008The Land of Oz

I'm sorry you missed out on your daylilies.

I found this out with an auto delivery item. I found out that when you update your card info, you have to go into any specific orders using that card (like waitlist, advance orders and auto deliveries) and change it there too.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Seems kind of a PITA to me, but that's the way it is.

"Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind;" Wordsworth

shoekitty1338948997.21712558 PostsRegistered 8/10/2006

Honestly, these QVC garden companies are awful IMHO. When they come they are just upstarts, tiny little things. The root stock is not hearty. Some people may have luck with them, but most people are disappointed, read reviews. Go to your local nursery or home improvement center, the suggestions in the above posts are excellent. I think you indeed dodged a bullet. Although, I can see your disappointment, especially when you look forward to something, and plan. It has to be maddening. For that I am sorry.

Once I ordered a purse I wanted badly from Nordies. It had been on back order forever, then I got a notice it was to be shipped. I planned my vacation wardrobe around that purse. I was so happy, because every store in the USA was out of this purse, in purse-dom it had reached cult stais. When it didn't arrive in a timely manner I called, only to find out the bag was never mailed, and it had never come back in stock. It was one of those "computer glitches".. It was in 1997, and it was a Lulu Guiness.

life is a banquet and most poor fools are starving to death!"
Auntie Mame

JustJazzmom1338950039.32727805 PostsRegistered 11/12/2007My garden, of course!!

Can you post the item # OP so I can see the original item ordered and try and locate the cultivars for you elsewhere?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼

HSpy31338982273.703214 PostsRegistered 3/16/2012Huntingdon PA

Go directly to http://robertasgardens.net/. They are now selling alot of the plants that were offered on QVC plus they offer items different than what QVC had. The shipping is more reasonable too.

Sign up for the newsletter. You'll receive a $5 promotion code and they'll send you others periodically.

I'm always happy with Roberta's, whether it's the original shipment or a replacement.

H.

jackyl1339026264.54123 PostsRegistered 7/2/2008Western NY

Thanks for all your suggestions!!!!

Page 1 of 1