Shoes & Handbags Offers
68 Members and 10445 Guests Online

In the Garden

STAKES FOR THE WESTINGHOUSE SOLAR LIGHTS

Started 1336833790.2 in In the Garden | Last reply 1337017879.263 by Buck-i-Nana
replies

Was wondering in anyone knew where to get replacment stakes (black rubber or plastic) Most of mine have broken off. Can't find them. Does anyone have this problem?

Page 1 of 1
k9pia1337017635.6531391 PostsRegistered 12/13/2007

I've had this happen too. Not a fan of the plastic stakes. I have a theory, which I haven't tried yet, but I'd like to. I think something heavier, like a metal pipe, elecrical type pipe, something that you can just hammer down into the ground and the light will fit over, but stand more rigid. Those plastic things seem to move too much in the ground and most of my lights a year later are leaning. Some have broken off. One of my friends said you can have the home stores cut up pipe into desired lengths.

Pets are blessings in fur.

Buck-i-Nana1337017879.2637705 PostsRegistered 9/26/2007South West Ohio

I bought cheapo plastic lights at Lowes ($1 ea at the end of last summer), then whittled down those plastic stakes to fit my Westinghouse lights that I bought from here. LAST time I'll buy solar lights from the Q. HSN's solar lights have metal stakes, they are brighter than the Westinghouse and they stay lit longer.

Enjoying my retirement 1 cup of coffee at a time.

NOT invisible anymore, so get over it! I'm not gonna disappear :)

Page 1 of 1