TSV(R) Preview
126 Members and 11856 Guests Online

In the Garden

Power Washers

Started 1335709454.957 in In the Garden | Last reply 1335738485.653 by Lilysmom
replies

Hello I need help with purchasing a power washer. It is only me now and I want something easy but good to use to clean my deck and various other little jobs. I really don't feel comfortable using a gas one so I am looking more towards electric. I see QVC has a few but the reviews aren't so good Any suggestions what brand is good for an electric power washer?

Page 1 of 1
happy hous­ewife1335709855.0829793 PostsRegistered 1/4/2007

We had an electric one from Sears that never worked very well so we got rid of it and DH bought a gas one. I am not a fan of the electric ones. We need one here in florida to keep moss and mildew off the outside of the stucco house and off the pavers that make up our driveway and walks. They are also very good for knocking down wasps nests that get in very high places and you don't get stung. You do have to be careful when using them as they can damage things.

When faced with senseless drama, spiteful criticism or misguided opinions walking away is the best way to defend yourself.To respond with anger is an endorsement of their attitude. -Dodinsky

RedTop1335711589.3034197 PostsRegistered 9/1/2010

I would not waste money on an electric model; you will definitely get better results with a gas powered pressure washer. As far as filling with gas, etc., they are no harder to use than a push mower. The main thing is to be extremely careful when using the pressure washer to clean wood, furniture, etc., and always use the appropriate nozzle for the job you are doing. In the beginning, my husband damaged more wood than he cleaned because he did not read and follow directions.

Lilysmom1335738485.6532981 PostsRegistered 11/24/2007
Pecky, I hope gardenman sees your post. He usually has good advice. Here is my experience. We bought a 2000 psi electric Karcher power washer from Costco. This is our second year and it works well. we use it on the siding and stone patio. You have to be careful to get one with enough pressure. 2000 psi works for us. Good luck. LM

Page 1 of 1