Maxi Dresses
135 Members and 9753 Guests Online

In the Garden

DO NOT BUY ROBERTA'S PLANTS

Started 1313842392.91 in In the Garden | Last reply 1314108324.287 by smhr66
replies

I'm publicly asking QVC to remove Roberta's garden products from their inventory. i WASED $97 on three plants that were abysmal performers. I'm an expert home gardener and find their cultivars to be weak hybrids, forced to mature to meet ship dates and worse yet TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

BEWARE - QVC will hand you off to Roberta's customer care. Someone from Accounting determines what is replaceable...in my case 2 orders did not grow of which several plants in each order were dead. Their only solution is ship new plants next year.

NOW ASK YOURSELF THIS QUETION - IF THE FIRST SHIPMENT OF PLANTS DID NOT PERFORM, WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO DO IT A SECOND TIME.

MY PLANTS HAVE GONE IN THE RUBBISH - DON'T BUY FROM THIS VENDOR

Page 1 of 1
JustJazzmom1313842720.97726426 PostsRegistered 11/12/2007My garden, of course!!

most of us who post here are aware of the abysmal performance by this company re: C/S and the plant material it sends. check this site for garden mail order companies and their reliability.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼

RedHeadedW­ench1313844586.478779 PostsRegistered 10/1/2006
On 8/20/2011 JustJazzmom said:

most of us who post here are aware of the abysmal performance by this company re: C/S and the plant material it sends. check this site for garden mail order companies and their reliability.

Exactly.

There are so many better vendors than Robertas out there for plants....that grow. Dave's Garden is a very reliable review area.

Be kind to dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with ketchup.
-------

gardenman1313849586.05315926 PostsRegistered 6/30/2005Southern New Jersey

If you're looking for a place to shop, then Logee's Greenhouses is amazing. I've bought through them in the past and they've always sent lovely plants. The plants are typically small, but nicely rooted and in good condition. They also have an amazing selection.

Here's a link to their home page.

http://www.logees.com/

Fly! Eagles! Fly!

smhr661314108324.072384 PostsRegistered 9/5/2010Laid Back and Mellow Small Town USA
On 8/20/2011 worldmail said:

I'm publicly asking QVC to remove Roberta's garden products from their inventory. i WASED $97 on three plants that were abysmal performers. I'm an expert home gardener and find their cultivars to be weak hybrids, forced to mature to meet ship dates and worse yet TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

smhr66... I hear your frustration and sympathize. I've read many times where Roberta's has the worst customer service around.

BEWARE - QVC will hand you off to Roberta's customer care. Someone from Accounting determines what is replaceable...in my case 2 orders did not grow of which several plants in each order were dead. Their only solution is ship new plants next year.

smhr66.... QVC did the same thing to me with a Cottage Farms order, they passed the loss to Cottage Farms, but Cottage Farms were much nicer to deal with and sent a replacement plant. I decided NO MORE shopping channel plants or flowering plants.

NOW ASK YOURSELF THIS QUETION - IF THE FIRST SHIPMENT OF PLANTS DID NOT PERFORM, WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO DO IT A SECOND TIME.

smhr66.... Exactly! Why would a replacement plant be of any consolation? I didn't have luck with the first Jasmine Plant ( CF ), why send another one that didn't survive, either? By the way, QVC isn't 100% honest about presenting their gardening product's. According to the Cottage Farm representative, QVC sells plants that are specific to certain zoned areas, and omit that information in their presentations.

MY PLANTS HAVE GONE IN THE RUBBISH - DON'T BUY FROM THIS VENDOR

smhr66... you may want to buy from local nurseries. I decided that is the only way to go. You always take a chance when ordering any plants online or out of your area. Good luck.

smhr66... I almost forgot! I did buy a Roberta's Totem plant that has worked out well. That has been my only purchase from Roberta's.

Last edited on 8/23/2011

Last edited on 8/23/2011

mature, dry, sensitive, makeup optional skin. keep it healthy with NIA24, MD Forte, physical sunscreen and Fancl cleanser.

Page 1 of 1