Fall Fashion Clearance
15 Members and 10908 Guests Online

In the Garden

No more Cottage Farms for me

Started 1312965923.763 in In the Garden | Last reply 1314715715.59 by youngest qvcer

I have had very low success rate with Cottage Farms plant/bulbs. But my lavendar set of plants (2) looked 1/2 dead when arrived last year-but planted, because many plants just need a little TLC to get going. With the 1 year warranty, I try to give time for plants to establish. This spring, 2 of the lavendar plants looked dead. went on line and filled-out the replacement form information. Never got any email or contact from CFarms. By the time I remembered that I went on line for replacement, my 1 year warranty expired. Too much $ spent for no results. No more plant/bulbs from QVC, after paying shipping costs, I could have purchased 2X more locally.

Page 1 of 1
echoscream1312976012.987575 PostsRegistered 4/23/2009

The Rose of Sharon tree I purchased arrived healthy and after extreme 100 degree temps and keeping it watered - it looks nice. The hibuscus braided trunk tree got hit with hail but somehow survived. The 12 impatiens special arrived with 9 of them cooked and wilted and never did live. The other three grew but are by no means as big as they should be - by now. I don't plan on applying for any kind of refund or replacement. Even though the Cottage Farms and Robertas shows are presented nicely - I agree - I need to stop ordering nursery items through QVC and buy locally.

Gypsyohara11312976849.727127 PostsRegistered 10/14/2009

I know how you feel. Several years in a row I ordered several things. Miniature roses looked great fro two weeks and then expired.

Like you, never got the lavendar to establish. Several years order strawberries that never produced.

One definition of insanity is repeating the same action , expecting a different result.

I finally resolved, no matter how effective the marketing, no matter how much I'm hungering for beautiful flowers and spring, no matter how cute I think the Cottage Farms representative is, I'm not ordering again.

Does anyone remember petunias? A pedestrian and cheap flower, I love petunias, and one can buy them here at the Walmart...(sighs).

Gypsyohara in FL

buyornot1312976872.7032620 PostsRegistered 7/7/2008

I was just picking and eating my Cottage Farms blueberries-I've had them about 5 years now.

Mountain M­omma1313085514.563452 PostsRegistered 4/17/2008

I purchase two or three things from Cottage Farms every year, and except for a couple of items, all have done well. And QVC and CF stood behind their products both times that I had a problem. One time, CF replaced the plants and the other time QVC refunded my money because the plants were no longer available.

I would order again if they offered something I wanted and could not obtain locally. (However, I must say that I live in an area with very limited access to nursery plants.)

MMom1313089782.2312 PostsRegistered 1/13/2011

As a follow-up to my post of 8/10, a QVC rep. left a message on my phone. (Some reason the connection was bad)but QVC rep. said CF did get my on-line request and will ship replacement in the spring 2012, and CF does not auto reply to the email replacement form. I would recommend calling to follow up if you have a problem-either with QVC or Cottage Farms Directly. Well-QVC does monitor the discussion forums!Smile

smhr661313417812.7072384 PostsRegistered 9/5/2010Laid Back and Mellow Small Town USA

Well, my Cottage Farm/QVC experience was entirely different. I bought a Jasmine plant and it did well for a few months. By the time the following Spring had arrived, it was close to looking like a twig. I could clearly see it wasn't going to live. This plant was delivered to me in May '09 and my complaint came the following year in June 2010. I'm so good about memorizing certain things.

Long story short, QVC wasn't going to take responsibility and Cottage Farm representative was "miffed" at QVC for not doing so. Cottage Farm sent a replacement Jasmine plant ( didn't make sense because the first one died ) and the second one came in worse shape. Decided to wash my hands from buying any more shopping channel plants/flowers. What was I thinking, we have some good nurseries in my area? ( duh )

mature, dry, sensitive, makeup optional skin. keep it healthy with NIA24, MD Forte, physical sunscreen and Fancl cleanser.

steelerfan1313422249.17716 PostsRegistered 9/9/2005Western PA

I stopped buying plants from Cottage Farms 2 years ago because they usually arrived dead or half-dead, especially the tomato plants. A gardening friend advised me not to buy shipped plants from locations with a much lower latitude than mine here in PA. Since Cottage Farms ships out of MS or AL (can't remember which one), that made sense. I now buy plants from Burpee's (across the state here in PA) or from White Flower Farm in CT. For 2 years now, all of these plants have arrived in great condition and have lived up to their expectations. I highly recommend both of these companies, and they have a wonderful selection of flowers, vegetables, and shrubs.

robomo1313423057.539301 PostsRegistered 3/15/2005

Ditto! I bought Hibiscus plants from them three years ago and every year they are a tall twig with leaves. The same thing every year. I'm going to pull them up if they don't come up better in the Spring. They weren't cheap either!

pupcakes1313776058.75720863 PostsRegistered 7/29/2006

I see something I like on CF, then go to Ebay & get it directly from growers. I did this with Bluebells last year & they were beautiful.

Life is like a snowstorm...you'll meet a lot of flakes.

Hound Dog 11313776300.77240 PostsRegistered 6/17/2008Taking Care Of Business

we had a much higher failure rate,than a success rate,that is for sure....the only thing that ever seemed to work,were the Day Lilly Bulbs...and we can get them locally..We have not purchased from Cottage Farms in about 2 years now.....we do much better buying locally

At The End Of Lonely Street....HeartBreak Hotel

dalilly1314593510.4371 PostsRegistered 8/28/2011

same here no more plants from cottage farms. my daylilly plants never grew, there were 10 of them.

youngest q­vcer1314715715.1537 PostsRegistered 1/22/2009

I also have had no luck with CF! I bought a citrus tree (not sure if it was lemon or orange, it has been so long ago!) probably 3 years ago and it have never flowered or fruited. It is the same size and a few times a year it drops all of it's leaves (it doesn't have many to start out with lol) and looks like a twig! Very strange. About a year ago I called QVC for a replacement but none was available. They did refund me the money besides shipping. Last year I bought small lime and lemon trees at a local nursery and they are full and beautiful! I got three for the price of one from CF! Can't beat that!

Page 1 of 1