Weekend Preview
142 Members and 10865 Guests Online

In the Garden

Bethlehem Lights Hanging Impatiens??

Started 1303077657.98 in In the Garden | Last reply 1304015874.793 by Mallomar

did anyone order these and have yours stopped working? I'm so mad..one week up and they just stopped no matter what setting they are on the lights don't work now..the batteries are new but i changed them just to see if it made a difference and nope..they just don't work anymore.

Page 1 of 1
gigot1303078155.5475299 PostsRegistered 10/22/2010

Sorry, look very tacky to me and really, artificial anything in the nature dept. is just not my style. Plus, they are overpriced and you can get all their stuff in huge amounts at less than half price in their outlets-call, ask for a manager, and give item number or description. I realize everyone has their own tastes but these just don't make it for me. Send them back after calling cust. service so you do not get charged for shipping. Good luck.

TrackerGal1303078302.96323626 PostsRegistered 8/7/2007

Posters have complained about Bethlehem lights not working in the past, especially on Christams trees.

jacnit1303078405.6132199 PostsRegistered 3/1/2010

Thanks gigot...you know, actually I ordered sort of reluctantly ordered these because I was so afraid they were tacky looking but to be honest I was pleasantly surprised at how pretty they are but I won't be ordering anything artificial again..i took a chance and am just so angry that they don't work as they are suppose to..now I have to box these things up, take to UPS and ship them back..ridiculous. I'm soured on artificial now too. I'll stick to my real deal flowers from now on.

house_cat1303079042.048141 PostsRegistered 6/28/2009Southern California

There's a spot on my teeny-tiny patio where I'd like to hang a floral planter, but it needs to be artificial because the 100+ degree sunshine here is a killer of all hanging things. Also, if were to water it, it would drain onto my upholstered furniture. I've been looking for something that looks very authentic, but I have no desire for it to light up. Maybe you and I can make a deal on your broken ones, Jacnit? lol... but seriously, are they very real looking?

>^..^< house cat

akaGoldie1303079624.2935705 PostsRegistered 4/14/2010Mid America

sorry you got an inferior product. I hope you get your money back and shipping costs too.

I guess it's really buyer beware. Too bad we can't really trust what we're told anymore.

jacnit1303079797.2472199 PostsRegistered 3/1/2010

LOL...they really do look real...in fact, my daughter came by last week and asked me at the front door where I got flowering plants like that already..I told her they were fake and she said really???..went back and looked at them and said Oh, I wouldn't have noticed unless you told me..so, in that respect they do look real. I'm a candle freak so anything that lights up excites me{#emotions_dlg.laugh} I had a house with a beautiful long front porch that would burn up every flower plant I put on it..didn't matter what type I got they would just die from the sun (in Indiana)..I bought some fake silk hanging plants and the humming birds built nests in them..couldn't win. These are going back tomorrow!

jacnit1303079929.5632199 PostsRegistered 3/1/2010

I know Goldie...when I look at the reviews so many people are complaining about the lights...you would think QVC would do a recall on these..I won't ever buy anything from Bethlehem Lights again.

akaGoldie1303101908.7135705 PostsRegistered 4/14/2010Mid America
On 4/17/2011 jacnit said:

I know Goldie...when I look at the reviews so many people are complaining about the lights...you would think QVC would do a recall on these..I won't ever buy anything from Bethlehem Lights again.

I've never read the reviews, are they awful? I always take the reviews with a grain of salt because i know they weed out some the unflattering ones, I know because I have had reviews rejected because I didn't like the product, even though I always had legitimate reasons.

So again, it's buyer beware, but they lure us in with a sense of security.

Nascarchick1303413121.89354 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Funny you say that. Just bought 2 of the Battery Operated Petunia's and after 2 weeks one stopped working. It's the sensor. My hubby is an electrician and he said the simple sensor that is on these plants should not stop working after only 2 weeks. Now I only have 1 left and I needed 2. Makes me mad that they can't get this right. I mean $53.49 is alot to pay for a fake plant and now I have to send it back and lose $6.95 in shipping it back. Before ordering anything Bethlehem I am reading the reviews first. Course they usually only put the good reviews on the item anyway. I have been a customer for over 15 years and I have gotten plenty of "We can't post this review" lol Hardly buy much from the Q anymore.

adoreqvc1303524332.2335469 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

returned it because of non operational lights as promised and viewed on the qvc video.

expecting full refund with no s&h return charge, but this seems to be a continual problem with bethlehem lights. i have returned all but one of them and the issues were defective and lights quit working, or defective non operational dead on arrival lighted items.

same for home reflections, and even a few candle impression items arrived with defective non operational lights when new batteries were installed and did not work, but same batteries worked on other items.

really getting tired of returning these defective battery operated items.

it would be nice to get what is advertised for a change.

Nascarchick1304000427.48354 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

UPDATE: Agree's with adoreqvc. Had trouble with Candle Impressions also. If you read my post above this is an update. The second Battery operated Petunia from Bethlehem lights quit working. So today I sent both back and $13.90 will be taken for shipping. This is just costing me too much money. I think they have a problem with their sensors and battery packs and don't care to fix it. The more timers, sensors and controls they seem to put on these plants, the worse it get's. Now I did buy the battery operated ferns with timer and they seem to be working fine so far. Over a month. I also think people who are leaving reviews on the item page, review them after using them for a couple of days. I now wait 2 weeks to write my review to see how an item performs. So I think that is why The ratings on some items are so high but in reality the item may have a problem. Bethlehem Lights have a great idea with these plants that light up but they need to fix the problem. What about the "Q" for quality? I think it is gone.

Beebo1304001154.9376959 PostsRegistered 4/13/2010

I'm sorry to hear that you had a problem. I bought the petunias last year and they worked all season long. I just got them back out and they still work. I really like them, but I would be awfully upset if they stopped working after 2 weeks. They aren't cheap.

Texas Barb­ie1304014351.653521 PostsRegistered 12/7/2006Spring, Texas

IMO, Bethlehem Lights cannot be trusted. They sell hit-or-miss merchandise and yet their prices just keep going up. It just does not make sense to me. I guarantee that if their sales fell off due to quality and price, BL would fix their multitude of problems. Supply and Demand in action, my friends.

conniec1304014674.1492 PostsRegistered 4/23/2007

actually they are quite real looking and not tacky at all-but all bethlehem lights are garbage, they stop working fairly quickly as the battery compartment is very cheaply made.

sometimes what we want is not what we need

NChgOfMyAt­titude1304014728.655164 PostsRegistered 10/18/2006Connecticut

I bought two for my daughter, they are beautiful, look lovely hanging on her front porch. People walking by compliment her all the time she said. The only problem she's having is the birds are trying to make nests in them. Any suggestions on that?

Any fact facing us is not as important as our attitude toward it ~
Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time ~

Mallomar1304015874.793139 PostsRegistered 1/20/2010

My sister has had so many problems with the birds nesting that now she puts a few chop sticks in her hanging plants before she puts them out. Has worked very well. HTH.

Page 1 of 1